New interesting project. Any talented coders in here?

Started by jyim89, September 09, 2010, 03:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyim89

Yesterday, I went to a google tech talk and they demoed html 5 for us.  I did not realize how uber cool html 5 was until the guy started playing a quake 2 on his web browser which he ported by pure html 5 components.  No Java/flash/other language bullshit.  According to him even multiplayer works well with this ported game.  I figured if a 3d game can work well with html 5,  why the hell can't starcraft 1?  As a web developer I think this would be a really awesome project to take up but I need a team of very talented coders (especially ones with experience in porting games) for this.  Anyone interested?

tous

Blizz would prolly shut that down faster then you head could spin :P

Unless ofcourse you made CraftStar! An epic story about the Perran, Zrotoss and evil Terg.....

jyim89

Quote from: tous on September 12, 2010, 07:13:56 PM
Blizz would prolly shut that down faster then you head could spin :P

Unless ofcourse you made CraftStar! An epic story about the Perran, Zrotoss and evil Terg.....

Yes, I've discussed this with the people over at teamliquid.  Since starcraft is not open source and we would permission from Blizz, I decided I'll just create a new game that is similar to starcraft.  I'm still looking for a team so if anyone is interested, let me know!