Main Menu

Oh, well hello there.

Started by Ocdized, May 07, 2011, 05:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocdized

Well Hello. What would you like to know?

I guess a few facts about me:
- You can call me Ocdized. (o.c. die-zz-d) or Ocd for short.
- I'm primarily focused on Web Development, but I always enjoy picking up new languages.
- I work as the Development Lead for an eCommerce based company in my state.
- I am not here to live up to your expectations, and I don't expect you to live up to mine.
- I don't have a religion, and I don't want one.
- I own over 40 domains, I might have a problem.
- I enjoy listening to rock, metal and screamo music; When programming, Trance/Techno seem to be the least distracting, however.
- Waffles are delicious, and if you have any, I will obtain them.
- I've invested far too much of my life into video games, and will continue to do so.
- I Live, Breath and Love; Just like you.

I'll be around, thanks for reading.
- Ocd

Myst

Ocdized

No sir, but it's the same introduction regardless, and I joined both of the forums :)

Myst

cool. Have you programmed anything for battle.net? or are just a hobbyist coder or do it for a living?  And any cool domains ?    8)

Ocdized

I built a php emulation of Stealthbot some years back that utilized ported code to allow connection to battle.net through a web client, effectively leaving 2 ops available in my clans channel 24/7, but allowing any one of the few leaders we had to utilize the entire bot as a "root" bot user, over a browser, anywhere.

Other than that, I work as a Lead Developer for an eCommerce company, and have been professionally developing web-based applications for over 6 years.

I'm currently in the process of building an open source framework optimized to utilize php 5.3.4+, cgi and apache more over than most of the php-only based solutions. This will provide a faster, more productive and more expandable sytem than is available in a lot of todays HMVC frameworks.  The downside, it's Apache based only, and you can't use it unless you have either a dedicated server, or access to running executable commands through both PHP and a cgi.

cHip

ocd, awesome =D

I'd look forward to using a web based (php) bot.  They are hard to come by (if any are even public).  Sounds like youre in the right direction.

Ocdized

The bot was a project I had a long time ago, and I'm fairly confident that no longer works with changes that have been made to Battle.net.

Not to mention that I only have vague understandings of the bnet protocol, as I built it when I was what... 16.. 17? And as I said, just ported it from Stealthbot.