oh, it is unlucky that we got some trouble, what shall we do

Started by AnonymousUser, July 13, 2011, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnonymousUser

a user of StarFriend told me that:
"Darkblizz.org modified the server client to use that now in their english modified release of it.

The original Chinese version had the username: sc2@star.friend and pass: gg
It would also connect to a chinese server for the news that would pop up on the left.

If you use the english version from Darkblizz it changed the login and it stops it from connecting to that server for any news."

and i download the Darkblizz version to confirm it, yes, it is true, they edited my program for their own sake.

i wonder why, why, why, why do they do this kind of thing. i regard them as a good place to help users, to meet the need of users, to satisfy the users just before i see their modification. but after that, should i change my thought? are they killing StarFriend project which is fully expected by many users?

there is an old word, the easiest way to capture a fortress is from within, are we acting a tragedy like the word? i think blizzard is glad to see this.

Myst

it's not a big deal.  Starfriend still gets 100% credit...It's still called "Starfriend" and nothing else...

And no, we didn't edit the server for "our own sake".  We edited it into English for the masses.  And by doing that we didn't "kill" starfriend, we expanded it more than ever.

This ain't a competition, we are merely helping the community out with this. 

AnonymousUser

"And no, we didn't edit the server for "our own sake""
why did you change the username and the character name? isn't it english and you want to translate it?

Myst

We changed the character names from Mother & Father to the other ones, just because they sounded cooler.   I see no reason why you would be upset about that. 
I understand how you can consider the changing of the login name upsetting, and if you really think it's a big deal we'll change it back to sc2@star.friend.

AnonymousUser

xKaiZi

yeah just give me a reply here if you want me to change it back to room@star.friend and the reason you cant see the news is because we decided to change the font and the new font dont support chinese characters.

i would never edit your stuff out just like that, thats the reason i added additional credit at the bottom of the login screen so it would compensate for me changing the login ID. maybe you guys should add to the website that it gives english news when people connect with IPs outside china and taiwan?

Myst

As kaizi said, we'll change the login name back to what it originally was.  Hopefully this showcases our good faith.

If you want to continue working with us, which I think you should, send me a private message and we can work out the details on expanding Starfriend into English and furthering the technology in the LAN software.
I understand English isn't your first language, so to private message me click on this link - http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/pm/?sa=send;u=1

We'll talk privately from there and hopefully blossom the relationship between Starfriend and DarkBlizz more.

stubob

I still use the Chinese server, (the log-in for the English one isn't working for me?) so the log-ins are the same for me. (plus the room@star.friend makes more sense to me anyway)

If you want any help developing the crack, let us know!

AnonymousUser

we are glad to see that you agree our advice not to edit StarFriend. and we hope we can cooperate well in the future.

Myst