Login problem ?

Started by BulKath, July 15, 2011, 03:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BulKath

So i did everything exactly correct ( atleast i hope so) and when i finally started up the game (was so excited) and i typed in the login name it says "awaiting for a response from battle.net and something about me not connected to the internet" but the problem is i am connected so any thoughts on this ? I'd appreciate any help a lot.

ChaosCode

I had this issue.

did you replace your battle.net.dll?

I assume you patched up to 1.3.4 and then removed the folder to make it 1.3.2? if so you need to get the battle.net.dll for that version.

BulKath

No I installed a fresh copy and then used a patch up to 1.3.2 and then installed the crack so the game stops updating itself ... ?

RaZZoR

what username did you use ?

BulKath

Quote from: RaZZoR on July 16, 2011, 05:20:08 PM
what username did you use ?

I found out yesterday that the problem was when I join a game see I hosted and my friend tried to join me and it said it's awaiting response from battle.net when he hosted I got the massage ?

RaZZoR

i believe the one that has the name "Slayer" is the host and he  must invite other players.

BulKath

Quote from: RaZZoR on July 17, 2011, 03:20:40 AM
i believe the one that has the name "Slayer" is the host and he  must invite other players.

I know but when either one of us hosts (either me or my friend) the one that tries to join can't login ... that's the problem currently :?

RaZZoR

i was saying that if you host for example , you have to click the "invite player" button. Not wait for the other guy to find ur game.

tncns

Have you changed the IP to the host's IP in the config.ini?

DeTTer

We have same problem ( me and my bro' ) ...
It just dont wanna to log in...

username is : sc2c@dark.blizzz

RaZZoR

thats for solo, try with lan.sc2c@dark.blizz

DeTTer

I figured it out :)
You need to paste (just paste ) your confing.ini to the SERVER folder  ...it works for me :)

for3play

Having the same problem too. Already pasted config.ini to my server folder.

Hope somebody found a solution to this. :)

BabaLulu

I have the same issue; if I change the IP in the config file, with my own, instead of 127.0.0.1 when I try to log in game, a small window pops out skig me to either go offline or cancel... If i let the IP 127.0.0.1 untouched the game logins OK and I can create a gamelobby...

a friend of mine has this issue without chianging the IP (keepeing the default 127 IP) and he can't log in at all...

PS: we both have a router; is there a special port to be forwarded? and what IP shpuld be written in the config.ini file? the ISP provided one (which is router's IP) or my Desktop's one (which is given by the router)?

sYk0

Ok, I see there's a lot of issues with connecting to remote servers, I'll try help out as best I can.

Are you trying to connect to another computer outside your local/home network (i.e your friend down the road, in a different state, country, ect)?

If you answered yes, then simply typing in their IP address will get you nowhere (generally).

I would suggest you install Hamachi (https://secure.logmein.com/UK/products/hamachi/), Tungle (http://www.tungle.me/Home/learnmore/downloads/) or another VPN tunnelling solution, to connect to each other, as this would simulate a direct connection between the two computers, this should avoid a lot of hassles (with routers and port forwarding).

=============================

127.0.0.1 is the IP address of your computer ("localhost"), only use this IP address if your are connecting to the StarFriend server on YOUR computer, if the server is running on another computer this will NOT work.

If YOU are connecting to a server on ANOTHER computer, YOU will need THEIR IP Address.

If SOMEONE is connecting to the server on YOUR computer, THEY will need YOUR IP Address.

Check that the StarFriend server ("MyServer_0.44.exe") is not being blocked by your FireWall (add an exception for the program and for port 1119).
A simple test, turn off your firewall and try connecting again.

Check that StarCraft 2 ("StarCraft II.exe" and "Versions\Base18092\SC2.exe") is not being blocked by your FireWall (again, add an exception for the program).
Again, turn off your firewall and try connecting again.