"INVALID LOGIN"

Started by Hatschiline, August 11, 2011, 12:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatschiline

Well, forumers the thing is I am unable to connect with any of the popular accounts. Thus I'm not even able to type in password. The "INVALID LOGIN"screen preceeds the password box. In fact I never see that box.

What did I do installing the game?

1. I waited for the installer to finish installing the game and I canceled the following updates as soon as the updater came out.

2. I ran the automatic update and waited for it to finish its work.

3. I copied the Blizzard Entertainment folder with its full content.

4. I started replacing the files in the original folder with the files in the installed game.

NB:
I didn't only copy paste! I was moving the files seperately one by one in order to prevent file loss. Of course I replaced whenever I was asked to.

The trouble is that I cannot get to log in. I only type in my name and a blank orange box appears. The only text on it goes: "INVALID LOGIN" (perhaps not this per se, but still).

A friend of mine told me that upon running server_0.44 I should get the following line: Make Room Function Enabled. Well, mine is disabled.

I believe I followed the instructions strictly. I also added exception in my firewall, then when it didn't work I stopped my firewall completely. Whatmore I'm not using any anti-virus software.

I'm applying screenshots.

dan_alex25

are you using a converted enGB SC2?

Hatschiline

I cannot tell for sure. On installation setup my game is in Chinese. After finishing the procedure I do not run the game, ergo I cannot tell if it's a "converted enGB". I later replace the missing files in the directory of the already installed game with the files I find in the folder I have downloaded. When I am finished moving and replacing all the files I start the game and the above posted screen is everything I can tell about it.

What I want to say is that by default the game is in Chinese, i.e. during the installation. Anyhow, before I run the game I always replace the files and the game seems to be in English or at least some part of it judging by the screen. It's really nothing I can tell, that's why I keep repeating the same old story all over again. By the way, friends of mine installed the exact same copies and it worked out for them just fine.