Main Menu

flood

Started by Cookie, August 26, 2011, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie

Bots gets queue flooded i guess from the amount of players leaving the channel.
Would it help to remove <left the channel> notifications?

Also would be great to be able to edit the game announce message as i am from different time zone than US and its showing local time which makes totally no sense to others ;]

Excellent work on the app!!!!!

Myst

I dont understand what you mean by 'queue flooded'.   What channel are you in.

cHip

And it would probably not help it at all.  The message "has left the channel" is only local to the bot, and has almost nothing to do with the actual performance of the bot itself or its queue.

Cookie

oh okay
i was told that our bots got queue flooded i didnt really ask whats this all about so sorry i cant explain.
Its ok anyway, Im running GA for 45 hours now with no problems.
btw: im running it on linux, good job, thanks.

cHip

The queue for posting (or announcing) the games it finds has a lack-luster queue.  If it finds and announces 4 or more of the filtered query, you have a chance of flooding off.  Other than that, set your filter(s) to more specific data.

Running it on linux eh? Wine for the win

Cookie

yeah wine, btw, program is memory leaking in wine 1.0.1
must upgrade wine to 1.2 for this ti be fixed

Cookie

its still "growing" id love to see a LOCK option to lock the window and not see any messages/chat/etc.

with other bots it really works and the memory is solid still when locked, if not it can get up to 3% higher.

sorry but im really low on resources here im running those programs on VPS with 96mb ram :)

cHip

Yeah, thats not hard to implement.  Myst to add on the ToDo