Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightwolf52218

I am a sad individual and have been checking everyday hundreds of times in a day about the updates in the project. I have gotten as far as character creation all thats left is to start the game. In the area in the game where is says Act 1 it says the files are missing is it possible for me to add them?

Abaddon

Yes, of course, if you simply code the source and compile it so you can emulate the act 1 in your pc like diablo 2, then you can play.

Unfortunately, if you don't know the answer to that question you probably lack the skills to get it, then you will have to wait for the emulator update in the dev page like most of us, since diablo 2 was based on MPQ files and Diablo 3 is more like WoW it's harder to emulate. But be patient, wait for updates and help whoever you can, this way we will all be running the lastest updates and enjoying the game even before those who have a beta key! :D

To sum up, no you can't, but you can help in the development with your C# skills, you can also work in other atmospheres, like java, but they are behind in achievements, and the C# emulators are almost there.

nightwolf52218

Thanks for the response. Your right in your assumptions. I havnt met a problem yet that I couldn't figure out though. I'm snagging a copy of Visual 2010 to see what I can do. Even if I get nowhere It'll still be a learning experience heh. If by the grace of god I do manage to accomplish something i'll throw a detailed guide on here to explain.

TotalDakar

Quote from: Abaddon on September 17, 2011, 01:05:44 PM
Yes, of course, if you simply code the source and compile it so you can emulate the act 1 in your pc like diablo 2, then you can play.

Unfortunately, if you don't know the answer to that question you probably lack the skills to get it, then you will have to wait for the emulator update in the dev page like most of us, since diablo 2 was based on MPQ files and Diablo 3 is more like WoW it's harder to emulate. But be patient, wait for updates and help whoever you can, this way we will all be running the lastest updates and enjoying the game even before those who have a beta key! :D

To sum up, no you can't, but you can help in the development with your C# skills, you can also work in other atmospheres, like java, but they are behind in achievements, and the C# emulators are almost there.
Sorry to go off-topic, but I keep wondering - why C#? Why not C++ or Java or .net? Does C# have some edge when it comes to cracking/hacking?

nightwolf52218

Heres my progress I followed the quick and dirty compiler faq @ http://diablo3dev.com/w/Compiling
Now it shows the act 1 info correctly. I get error 7 as soon as I try to log in. Nothing special but progress made at least

HId

I make everything what write in this manual the server start normal but when start diablo with parameters the login button stay shadowed not active

nightwolf52218

Character Creation is working now. As far as saving/deleting. Literally just updated

D3Sharp
https://github.com/raistlinthewiz/d3sharp

Run with visual studio 2010
Follow the faq on Diablo3dev.com

The Error 7 problem still exists:
Channel/Party/Presence services.

I don't know what that means but its the last barricade before getting the client into the game world.

nightwolf52218

Heres a video that was posted recently for the on screen weapon effects.

http://youtu.be/eII0_UAsuJs

BossCatKenji

as of compiling and running the source retrieved from here

https://github.com/raistlinthewiz/d3sharp/zipball/master

it no longer crashes after 45 seconds or so, switching characters also no longer triggers an error, creating a game also no longer triggers a crash but instead goes to the next screen where the act 1 details are supposed to be shown. however, this is as far as we go for now.  ??? ??? ???

i think the people behind this are doing their best and i believe it won't be long before we finally get our hands on a working server emu  :P :P :P

DangerMouse

Have you guys released a compiled version this latest fix? When I go in to that Character Select screen and try to change my hero to another one that I have made, it says i cannot select an invalid hero. Even though it shows the hero in the characters list. Probably a known problem... but just thought I'd put it out there. still get the 3006 Error. but other than that I'm able to check out the characters, even in 3D with my Alienware m17xr3 laptop. Everything is looking pretty cool with the exception of the low quality video animations they include of the characters using their abilities.

murdockokol

Quote from: BossCatKenji on September 18, 2011, 11:36:45 PM
i think the people behind this are doing their best and i believe it won't be long before we finally get our hands on a working server emu  :P :P :P

amen :)

BossCatKenji

Quote from: DangerMouse on September 19, 2011, 12:45:38 AM
Have you guys released a compiled version this latest fix? When I go in to that Character Select screen and try to change my hero to another one that I have made, it says i cannot select an invalid hero. Even though it shows the hero in the characters list. Probably a known problem... but just thought I'd put it out there. still get the 3006 Error. but other than that I'm able to check out the characters, even in 3D with my Alienware m17xr3 laptop. Everything is looking pretty cool with the exception of the low quality video animations they include of the characters using their abilities.

i only downloaded the source files from the repo and compiled them myself using MS Visual C# Express which is just a 114mb download

they commit changes pretty often so you can just download the files, compile them and see what's new :D

DangerMouse

Quote from: BossCatKenji on September 19, 2011, 12:56:43 AM

i only downloaded the source files from the repo and compiled them myself using MS Visual C# Express which is just a 114mb download

they commit changes pretty often so you can just download the files, compile them and see what's new :D

I'm not much for programming so don't have a use for downloading MS Visual C# and it would just act as bloatware to me. I'd rather not take up precious space on my SSD for it when if possible I could get a latest rev from someone else that has compiled it. These days they have automatic online compilers as well. just look at the ps2 emulator http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ @ and psp emulator @ http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
It would be cool if the emulator for this had automatic builds of latest revs online. Anyways, I was just askin'. Obviously it's not extremely important since in-game hasn't been achieved yet.

Abaddon

Quote from: DangerMouse on September 19, 2011, 01:37:47 AM
Quote from: BossCatKenji on September 19, 2011, 12:56:43 AM

I'm not much for programming so don't have a use for downloading MS Visual C# and it would just act as bloatware to me. I'd rather not take up precious space on my SSD for it when if possible I could get a latest rev from someone else that has compiled it. These days they have automatic online compilers as well. just look at the ps2 emulator http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ @ and psp emulator @ http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
It would be cool if the emulator for this had automatic builds of latest revs online. Anyways, I was just askin'. Obviously it's not extremely important since in-game hasn't been achieved yet.

Even though I agree that downlading an extra of 100Mb when you can wait for a full release is a waste of space, I don't think that those 100Mb would hurt your SSD, when you possibly have ½Tb max. cap. or more.
However, I wouldn't download any more crap to play a game that isn't even in a public beta phase, specially since we won't be able to taste the game, and specially because I reinstalled Windows yesterday. Anyway, what I mean is: download the sources if you can test them, I'm also afraid that I wouldn't be able to play even through the login screen, which is what happened with the last version in XP.

-------
Off topic: I've heard bad comments about SSDs nowadays, specially about their lack of compatibility, their low memory capacity, and even about some of them becoming stuck. But I'm pretty interested in them and must buy a new computer for work, so please DangerMouse, if you would tell me about your experience it could be awesome (because you talk from personal experience, not information from magazines or a third person), this, of course, isn't only related to work, but also to play games, like Diablo 3. Thanks anyway ;)

BossCatKenji

hey guys, d3sharp just got updated and hour ago, i downloaded the source from the repo and i compiled it as instructed, and it's working good so far, here's a link to it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/_5-XyNzQ/Release_2.html

Instructions:

[1] Unzip. Run D3Sharp.exe

[2] Run the shortcut to DiabloIII.exe with additional command line parameters

-launch -auroraaddress 127.0.0.1:1345

and everything will be alright,  :P :P :P

NOTE: for you to test the persistence of your characters, make sure you use the same email address and password for each login. if you do, you'll see that the characters you created are still there