Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon021

Downloaded and compiled.  It was remarkably easy.  It's impressive to look through the updates on the github and see there are changes made almost every hour for the last few days.  These guys are obviously working very hard on things.  Best of luck to the developers.  I wish there was something I could do to help, but I'm in the internet delivery business, not the software creation business, unfortunately.

Keep up the amazing work!

Abaddon

Quote from: simon021 on September 19, 2011, 05:41:51 PM
Downloaded and compiled.  It was remarkably easy.  It's impressive to look through the updates on the github and see there are changes made almost every hour for the last few days.  These guys are obviously working very hard on things.  Best of luck to the developers.  I wish there was something I could do to help, but I'm in the internet delivery business, not the software creation business, unfortunately.

Keep up the amazing work!

OMG someone read before posting!!!! NO-WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talking seriously, I bet that tomorrow we will be able to play the game, even if it's ulra buggy, and the next week the emulator will run the game perfectly. Also think we are going to get some updates for the following official patches.

PD: I personally can mess with the banner, but after i save the changes it drops me an error, like 30007, removes all the changes done. By the way, Terran's sign reminds me of Blood Ravens

simon021

I usually try to read before posting...I'm not one of these entitlement generation kids.  :D

Thats exactly what happens to me.  Modify the banner, click save, get error 30007 and the changes are removed.

Other than that it works as advertised.

BossCatKenji

The first thing i noticed upon compiling and running this latest build is that after gettin to the switch character screen and clicking create character, the screen locks, this was functional in the builds before this  ??? ??? ???

UPDATE:

the screen goes normal after a few seconds

nightwolf52218

Sandbox! Released by Calsmurf2904!!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8h2w279wz49yanp

compile like the d3dev files

darkoper

It's working!!! You can walk around New Tristram and check UI. Good job.

Abaddon

Thank you very much!!!!!!!

Every time you post, you bring something ultra useful, i went berserk emotional after i saw your name there! :D

testing and reporting soon.

REPORT: Many flaws, but works, got me inside, if you have a created character and try to create another one it stucks, and also the log in thing, you have to restart. about the world, i can see leha or whatever the name is but not talk to her, also attacks dont work yet (using abilities with the demon hunter (the char i tried) reported no arrows or anything (projectiles) from the xbow, about the work, i guess the sandbox doesnt allow you to reach further than the limits stablished, the map doesnt generate further than the stairs to a lower ground level, i guess it's a gate to another area, but i cant clic it either.

a series of errors also related to character, the name isn't saved, posting a chat comment reports an error and your name is shown as something that has nothing to do with the hero name

tabs work well, they dont report errors when opened, but there are bugs with the exit game and exit diablo 3 buttons at the ESC menu.

more reports incoming

Ant85

Able to login and enter the game without a problem! noticed however that no matter what char you create, you always end up ingame as the demon hunter, still awesome tho!
Great work!!!

nightwolf52218

Thats as far as it gets right now I'll post if I hear about any updates : )

lordapex

my first post, I know, just made an account late last night.

As far as progress from what I've read, you guys are flying. Crazy how much happened in the past 24 hours. Well done! Keep it up!

db22382

Awesome progress, big thanks to all involved. Will be checking this thread way more often than I already was  ;)

Abaddon

Thank you very much, I'm keeping trace of it since I heard that Diablo 3 beta was released, but I don't know where did you get the sandbox from, thanks again. <3
------------------
More report: As someone said before, you only get to use the Demon hunter, which explains why attacks don't work, I didn't test the banner attitude, but I guess it's buggy yet because the only improvement is the sandbox.
If someone is testing, make sure you check the menues, the ESC menu features: exit game and exit diablo 3 (doesnt work for me), haven't checked the portal thus far and the landscape cuts when you go top after you exit the town in a 90º corner right beside some stone stairs to the top left path. Also take a look at the chatter feature, it shouldnt work, but just to make sure: my character appears with a rare name, something like CorneliusJD, check all this here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/fotodiablo3.jpg/

Also, the dark skill, which is something like spikes and a foot treading on them, can't be asigned to a skill slot.
Haven't tried potions, but I doubt they would work right now. They can be assigned to the skill bar though.

Thinks that caught my attention:
Buckers take 2 slots instead of 1.
There is someone trying to chop a bonfire (i think there should be a corpse, which is missing)
You can see the name and the talk mouse icon when you hover over the girl right in fron of you at start, but you can't talk to her
there is a sight in the top side of the map that reminds me of a cathedral
You can hear a short introduction when you load the game, but it cuts after 3 words +/-
if you try to go back after logging in, you are totally stuck
the social hotkey cannot be bound
you can launch private games, even though blizzard has being focusing so hard on multiplayer and public queues.

im going to sleep a little bit, see you soon my fellow adventurers

BossCatKenji

thank god there won't be anymore bashing here

Jim_Raynor

I have this problem when a trie to start the campaing

Network Disconnected
The game connection has been lost: your client has been disconnected from the server

Please Help me  :'(

WorldGame

Quote from: Abaddon on September 19, 2011, 07:12:57 PM
Thank you very much, I'm keeping trace of it since I heard that Diablo 3 beta was released, but I don't know where did you get the sandbox from, thanks again. <3
------------------
More report: As someone said before, you only get to use the Demon hunter, which explains why attacks don't work, I didn't test the banner attitude, but I guess it's buggy yet because the only improvement is the sandbox.
If someone is testing, make sure you check the menues, the ESC menu features: exit game and exit diablo 3 (doesnt work for me), haven't checked the portal thus far and the landscape cuts when you go top after you exit the town in a 90º corner right beside some stone stairs to the top left path. Also take a look at the chatter feature, it shouldnt work, but just to make sure: my character appears with a rare name, something like CorneliusJD, check all this here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/fotodiablo3.jpg/

Also, the dark skill, which is something like spikes and a foot treading on them, can't be asigned to a skill slot.
Haven't tried potions, but I doubt they would work right now. They can be assigned to the skill bar though.

Thinks that caught my attention:
Buckers take 2 slots instead of 1.
There is someone trying to chop a bonfire (i think there should be a corpse, which is missing)
You can see the name and the talk mouse icon when you hover over the girl right in fron of you at start, but you can't talk to her
there is a sight in the top side of the map that reminds me of a cathedral
You can hear a short introduction when you load the game, but it cuts after 3 words +/-
if you try to go back after logging in, you are totally stuck
the social hotkey cannot be bound
you can launch private games, even though blizzard has being focusing so hard on multiplayer and public queues.

im going to sleep a little bit, see you soon my fellow adventurers

as this guy said. im so excited hope we get to play the full thing this week. also is it hard to add all the items to the world?