Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter000

Quote from: stickstoneinhead on September 25, 2011, 05:02:38 PM
Quote from: 4Mr2ThC0 on September 25, 2011, 04:39:04 PM

okso, i can enter the slaughterd calf inn, but cant move past the door way or exit the inn..

Ok they fixed this just use the newest release and you can walk around when you enter the inn.
Update- You cannot exit the inn once entered at the moment.

:)

Your right about not being able to leave though!

It's people like those who are currently working on the D3 Emulator that make me want to learn the programming language.

Not for my own gain but that of the communities, if you know any good, useful tutorials please let me know!
Made you look! :D

alexandreonly

The calf inn? I think fix the characters should be the priority. All 5 classes come with the same equipment, and can't use the inventory, also they come all with the same skills, no matter what classs you choose. All zombies always take 9001 damage when you click them, and they don't do nothing. I think they should concentrate in the places after fix the characters.
Also, i'm a programmer and i'm reading the code now. I will play with this a little.

stickstoneinhead

Quote from: alexandreonly on September 25, 2011, 05:45:11 PM
The calf inn? I think fix the characters should be the priority...
This is what BackAndForward is working on,  other members of the team might be focused on what you are saying.

drifter000

The calf inn? I think fix the characters should be the priority. All 5 classes come with the same equipment, and can't use the inventory, also they come all with the same skills, no matter what classs you choose. All zombies always take 9001 damage when you click them, and they don't do nothing. I think they should concentrate in the places after fix the characters.
Also, i'm a programmer and i'm reading the code now. I will play with this a little.

That's fantastic! Where did you learn to program?  ;D

I completely agree with you, I think that a set list of tasks comprised of things which need to be completed is the best way to stay organized.

Check out my thread! http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/diablo-3/diablo-3-emulator-task-list/

Draxanoth

Quote from: drifter000 on September 25, 2011, 07:05:35 PM

I completely agree with you, I think that a set list of tasks comprised of things which need to be completed is the best way to stay organized.

Check out my thread! http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/diablo-3/diablo-3-emulator-task-list/
I would assume that the people working on this project would start with the items that they will have an easy time implementing without game access.  Building the combat and monster system without any reference data is probably more work than it's worth.  I know everyone is eager to play, but I would rather they got all the travel system finished before they dumped a lot of time into gameplay.  Better to spend hours on a system that won't likely need much rebuilding once they get to see how the real game works.  Then when/if they can get into the Beta, they can see the data that is exchanged and likely have a much easier time replicating the rest.

drifter000

Quote from: Draxanoth on September 25, 2011, 07:18:32 PM
Quote from: drifter000 on September 25, 2011, 07:05:35 PM

I would assume that the people working on this project would start with the items that they will have an easy time implementing without game access.  Building the combat and monster system without any reference data is probably more work than it's worth.  I know everyone is eager to play, but I would rather they got all the travel system finished before they dumped a lot of time into gameplay.  Better to spend hours on a system that won't likely need much rebuilding once they get to see how the real game works.  Then when/if they can get into the Beta, they can see the data that is exchanged and likely have a much easier time replicating the rest.

Very true, I wonder how many darkblizz members got into the beta.

Necrosis

Running it on windows xp, and the game hangs at character retrieval box.  Any idea whats going on?

drifter000

Quote from: Necrosis on September 25, 2011, 08:05:17 PM
Running it on windows xp, and the game hangs at character retrieval box.  Any idea whats going on?

To my knowledge it does not work on xp at this time, but it should be able to within the end of next month!

Liliha

Quote from: Necrosis on September 25, 2011, 08:05:17 PM

Just had the same prob, then i installed latest directX and VC2010, now its all good

PreTenD

No need to "play with the code right now" The skill lists are not in yet. They probably will be soon, I've rewritten some.

What I've done.

Characters start at level 33, weapons stay the same, no reason to change that at this point.
I messed with the Vfx of the weapons and the dyes and armors.

Even being level 33 no skills are listed (with the exception of the monks) they are unable to be selected however because there is no code for that yet and as far as I can tell it's not written in, and since I don't have access to the beta I can't extract them myself either.

What are we looking at then.

1: Character levels are easy

2: No stats are implemented yet 9001 is a base you will have until that's changed

3: Since stats are not implemented we don't really want Zombies or any others to deal damage because you have less that 100hp

4: We need a skills file (None as far as I can tell exist)

5: Implementing skills means zombies will have to arise at by some other point (Currently 1, blinding flash, is assigned to it) So they will need to rise at random increments

6: You don't attack on hit, you don't even have to be close to kill the zombies (hold shift and attack)

7: Implementing skills is a lot of work (You must not only add skills, levels, stats, but also the ability to equip the skills IE: Menu editing as well. Skilling is not so cut and dry as changing items per char class is, unless you hardcode the skill set)

8: Finally they're missing a lot of things that are actually more important than skilling to make it very functional. However they are very good, and very organized, just looking over the code it's easy to see how well they work, and they are also very fast.

Make sure to always thank the team for doing this, it is their own time and it's a ton of work.
Thanks guys!!
Entertain.Educate.Dominate

Spalty67

We should add the cows from d2  ;D w00t

dyurdz

WOW...great progress so far to those emulating it...hope you guys will keep it up..thanks a lot...

elemental

I am running windows 7, 64bit... I load the game (with the correct shortcut settings)
and I can see in the server console that the client establishes a connection, however, after typing
in a dumby username and password, it sits at the "Retrieving Hero List" and won't let me past that point.

Any ideas anyone???

thanks,

Ele.

andrewlcc

myr0

commit 1f919df, mono update -> error 3003 while connecting to sandboxserver

anyone got the same?