Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draxanoth

Quote from: H2Omelon93 on October 11, 2011, 06:39:11 PM
just wonderign if there is any work being done on a mac crack, if not would it be difficult to make or change it? good luck
If they do it probably wouldn't be until they are mostly finished.  No sense porting mid development.

BossCatKenji

astroasko

BossCatKenji

the video above was from mooege's main

this one too:

Diablo III - I walk on water - like a boss!

druida

What is the forecast for the game to be playable?

Ertai

Much love for the development team all the way down to people like the BossKenji, thanks for making it easy for us peons to follow the progress. Im feeling it sooner than later at this point. Lets just get the mobs in place, some quests, and then abilities fully functional and then were in business.

Espionage724

Hmm, the only thing I question is, why is multiplayer being worked on, when spells don't even work? I mean I'm not ungrateful or anything (really, any work done is awesome :p), but, wouldn't it be better to have working spells and kill-able creatures first then, just being able to walk around with friends?

(if spells and monster events work, then disregard my fail :p)

Espionage724

Quote from: eleveneleven on October 11, 2011, 08:18:11 PM
Quote from: H2Omelon93 on October 11, 2011, 06:39:11 PM
just wonderign if there is any work being done on a mac crack, if not would it be difficult to make or change it? good luck

yep there's an easy fix...get the superior PC

I haven't heard of a mac crack, but an easy solution would be to just get a virtual machine or something :p (I don't understand how compiling works "exactly", but I would think it would be a simple grab the source, "modify" some things, then compile it to a OS X executable)

ramxi

hi,

you may already know this but,
just wanted to let the devs know that items and gold are not dropping after the last commit

thank you

BossCatKenji

Quote from: Espionage724 on October 13, 2011, 09:50:55 PM
Hmm, the only thing I question is, why is multiplayer being worked on, when spells don't even work? I mean I'm not ungrateful or anything (really, any work done is awesome :p), but, wouldn't it be better to have working spells and kill-able creatures first then, just being able to walk around with friends?

i was also thinking why we are not getting any quests functionality, but given the depth of the releases, i'd say the devs are gunning for a full-pledged server emulator that would not only work with the beta, but will also work with the retail version (once it's out).

absolut

hello im new here , why always i login in d3 and i need creat new character and why not save progress dont work?

BossCatKenji

Quote from: absolut on October 14, 2011, 08:54:28 AM
hello im new here , why always i login in d3 and i need creat new character and why not save progress dont work?

like we always say here, always use the same dummy account when logging in. say, you used

email: a@a.com
password: aaa

do use the same credential when logging in so you see that your characters actually persist.

as for save progress, i assume you're talking about character level and inventory items - yes, as of the latest build, those elements still do not persist in the database.

BossCatKenji

eleveneleven

what does the red overlay on the items when equipped mean for all the items you are trying to equip?

Abaddon

Quote from: Espionage724 on October 13, 2011, 09:50:55 PM

Because there can't be like 30 people working on the same project, there are enough already working on updating the code about spells and all that stuff, other people who aren't assigned to other duties will have to work on something else, and that is, of course, multiplayer capabilities, since the other 2 main issues before that (combat and inventory) are being fixed already.

Wait for the developers to send their forks, when an important fork is merged with the master you will know, that normally means someone will be posting here the"GET MOOEGE WORKING WITH THE LAST SOURCE, BECAUSE IT'S LIVE NOW!!!" sort of message.

----------

Okay guys now going for some updates.
There have been several issues since yesterday, most of them related to MP, but still there are 7 more +/-, the main issue "DB structure for persistent storage layer" is still undone and has been quickfixed through SQLite, which we all have, but at some point we will have to install SQL(I have it already XD) for mooege to run properly.

Latest updates include, but aren't limited to, a lot of item improvements (gold, 2 handed weapons, crossbows and so can now be equipped), every skill has their animations done, even though they still deal 9001 damage, DH resources are completed, and any monster other than standard zombie have been removed until further news.

Most common problems up to now are:
-Wizard crashes sometimes after killing enemies and picking up loot very quickly
-some items can't still be equipped.
-some  items appear in red(unequippable) but can be equipped.