Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexandreonly

Quote from: Espionage724 on October 13, 2011, 09:50:55 PM
Hmm, the only thing I question is, why is multiplayer being worked on, when spells don't even work? I mean I'm not ungrateful or anything (really, any work done is awesome :p), but, wouldn't it be better to have working spells and kill-able creatures first then, just being able to walk around with friends?

(if spells and monster events work, then disregard my fail :p)

Right, the characters and combat must be priority. Mess around with friends in multiplayer, chating, spawning zombies and doing click-9001 damage is not what some people are looking for.

Der Pizzadieb

Keep calm and be thankfull what you got, i guess they are working on it as good as they can and they are sacrificing their time that you are able to play.

So, just sit and wait, maybe give a thank you or hugs for their great work.

xniax1

these kids are spoiled rotten and ungrateful.

Draxanoth

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 15, 2011, 03:47:51 PM
Hmm, the only thing I question is, why is multiplayer being worked on, when spells don't even work? I mean I'm not ungrateful or anything (really, any work done is awesome :p), but, wouldn't it be better to have working spells and kill-able creatures first then, just being able to walk around with friends?

Right, the characters and combat must be priority. Mess around with friends in multiplayer, chating, spawning zombies and doing click-9001 damage is not what some people are looking for.
People with this much gall should get an instant ban hammer.  The Mooege clan is spending hours of their free time trying to implement a feature blizzard stole from us, and all you can do is bitch about how it's not meeting your expectations?  Go build your own then.

Ertai

We are lucky to have anything on this side of the fence. Enjoy the wait, it will be worth it. Just a matter for time, and patience is key now. But we all share the same feelings.

BossCatKenji

FatMan

Quote from: BossCatKenji on October 16, 2011, 01:29:17 AM
as of latest build: KILL STREAK is now implemented  ??? ??? ???

Bosscat: when you post these updates, are they of the mooege fork? If not, could you let us know which fork you are talking about? It seems I never find the one you are talking about. You must have better Magic find than me  ;D

BossCatKenji

Quote from: FatMan on October 16, 2011, 03:45:18 AM

Bosscat: when you post these updates, are they of the mooege fork? If not, could you let us know which fork you are talking about? It seems I never find the one you are talking about. You must have better Magic find than me  ;D

i've been using mooext since it was released, i am using the default, actually the main which is at

https://github.com/mooege/mooege

:D

Abaddon

Quote from: Draxanoth on October 15, 2011, 09:33:54 PM
Quote from: alexandreonly on October 15, 2011, 03:47:51 PM

People with this much gall should get an instant ban hammer.  The Mooege clan is spending hours of their free time trying to implement a feature blizzard stole from us, and all you can do is bitch about how it's not meeting your expectations?  Go build your own then.
I can't believe you said this within your 3rd post... It makes sense, you just sided with the hard-working people to fend the trolls, and you aren't a veteran... Thanks, you made my day, 5 minutes ago I though that newcomers were only jackasses(most of them only come to cry because they can't read and have a problem that has been solved like 200 times already and flood every thread they can), there's still hope.  ;)

FatMan

Quote from: BossCatKenji on October 16, 2011, 03:57:39 AM
Quote from: FatMan on October 16, 2011, 03:45:18 AM

i've been using mooext since it was released, i am using the default, actually the main which is at

https://github.com/mooege/mooege

:D

Thanks for the info. I have tried mdz444, and Alexxela builds. Seems to me they are working on skill implementation, since every few commits a new skill is added.

Draxanoth

Quote from: Abaddon on October 16, 2011, 10:36:05 AM
I can't believe you said this within your 3rd post... It makes sense, you just sided with the hard-working people to fend the trolls, and you aren't a veteran... Thanks, you made my day, 5 minutes ago I though that newcomers were only jackasses(most of them only come to cry because they can't read and have a problem that has been solved like 200 times already and flood every thread they can), there's still hope.  ;)
I'm probably a veteran visitor of the site, I just don't say a whole lot since I don't usually have anything earth shattering to add.  I've got a lot of hours working with a DAOC emulator though, I know the challenge they've undertaken, and it bothers me when people who have no clue what they're asking for start whining because it's taking too long.

I wish I had Beta access or my programming skills were up to date so I could do more to help them.  We just had a 30 man LAN yesterday and it saddens me that we're still playing games from before 2006 because support for it has been systematically gutted since then.  :'(  I greatly appreciate anyone who takes it upon themselves to return these features to us.

absolut

i cant log in last update commit fc89dbee2e and i stuck on LOGON STATUS

fixed now working

Barracuda72

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJt24EiDctA
Simple AI for Mooege - just to show that this is possible
I suggest it to Mooege developers, but they rejected it for now - they want runtime-loading of AI scripts

alexandreonly

Diablo III - The Tristram Bone Staff Massacre

Good, now we can see a number after a sequence of click-9001 damage kills. There's a way to add custom content? I think a pikachu skin could be fantastic, as the click-9001 damage animation look like his lightning thing. Maybe after all the multiplayer, chat, acessories, custom things and other stuff we can finally hit a zombie with a machete and see real damage, physics... But its secondary... Who the hell could want combat working in a diablo game? Yeah, keep giving priority to features that allow us to run around with friends like headless chickens saying "lol" while spawning static zombies that die with the awesome cilick-9001 damage without physics.

Syncope

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 18, 2011, 09:31:30 AM

Diablo III - The Tristram Bone Staff Massacre

Good, now we can see a number after a sequence of click-9001 damage kills. There's a way to add custom content? I think a pikachu skin could be fantastic, as the click-9001 damage animation look like his lightning thing. Maybe after all the multiplayer, chat, acessories, custom things and other stuff we can finally hit a zombie with a machete and see real damage, physics... But its secondary... Who the hell could want combat working in a diablo game? Yeah, keep giving priority to features that allow us to run around with friends like headless chickens saying "lol" while spawning static zombies that die with the awesome cilick-9001 damage without physics.

lol ungrateful?
How about u code it urself if u want it so bad?
These guys are doing an awesome job, and they are aiming for a server which can be used with retail aswell.
And i rather see a working version for the retail than for the f*cking beta.
If u dont like what they do.. dont use it!