Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by nightwolf52218, September 17, 2011, 12:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raistlinthewiz

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 15, 2011, 03:47:51 PM
Right, the characters and combat must be priority. Mess around with friends in multiplayer, chating, spawning zombies and doing click-9001 damage is not what some people are looking for.

And please don't try to prioritize things for us when you have no fucking idea on how things work there..

raistlinthewiz

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 21, 2011, 06:10:49 PM
If you have the same mind as these guys, you should make acessories, neon, nitro packs, appareance customizations and a chat first. Racing and drive mechanics come last.

Yet again, you have no fucking idea there. In d3, ingame/party/game creation stuff is all tied to chat & channels - without it you can't get proper game-play aside then hardcoding 'a level 2, ingame Monk'.

So for your knowledge, d3 has chat/channels as a part of your fucking racing/drive mechanics.

Given that we're able to implement an d3 emulator to some extend - we have fucking superior knowledge-base compared  to your shit - which eventually means that we can figure out which features we need to get in and their priotry better then you.

d33pbluez1

Quote from: ramxi on October 21, 2011, 02:40:57 AM
Quote from: d33pbluez1 on October 20, 2011, 08:59:11 AM
Quote from: ramxi on October 19, 2011, 03:11:33 PM
hello

i was just wondering what exactly is happening in terms of updates,  i played the recent commit and there are no zombies that we can spawn.  Is this intentional?  Is there another source that people are using now?

thank you for all the time and effort you guys are putting into this game, you are greatly appreciated

Go inside the game > Click on the chat box > Select server > type !spawn [number of zombie your want]...there you will have zombie spawn out

Hope this help and happy hunting  ;D

hey, sorry but this didnt work for me

im guessing i did it wrong?  i click on chat box, but theres no server for me to select, all it says is "Game"...  i typed !spawn and i get a error code

Refer to yellow circle on the image of where you need to click to select server.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Abaddon

Quote from: raistlinthewiz on October 22, 2011, 05:31:56 AM
If you have the same mind as these guys, you should make acessories, neon, nitro packs, appareance customizations and a chat first. Racing and drive mechanics come last.

Yet again, you have no fucking idea there. In d3, ingame/party/game creation stuff is all tied to chat & channels - without it you can't get proper game-play aside then hardcoding 'a level 2, ingame Monk'.

So for your knowledge, d3 has chat/channels as a part of your fucking racing/drive mechanics.

Given that we're able to implement an d3 emulator to some extend - we have fucking superior knowledge-base compared  to your shit - which eventually means that we can figure out which features we need to get in and their priotry better then you.

FATALITY!!!

I'm not much into encoding and all that stuff, but afaik raistlinthewiz is WORKING as the boss of the Mooege project and you are LEECHING as a parasite or the Couch-potato world... and not enough it seems... you also have to insult his work, guess you are just yet another fatass that comes rage around because you have no friends.

alexandreonly

Quote from: Abaddon on October 25, 2011, 03:00:20 PM
Quote from: raistlinthewiz on October 22, 2011, 05:31:56 AM

FATALITY!!!

I'm not much into encoding and all that stuff, but afaik raistlinthewiz is WORKING as the boss of the Mooege project and you are LEECHING as a parasite or the Couch-potato world... and not enough it seems... you also have to insult his work, guess you are just yet another fatass that comes rage around because you have no friends.
Anyway, while you talk about people you did never see, and never will see, the click-9001 damage is here. This way, people who never played a diablo game before and don't buy the original diablo 3, will think that it's a game about spawn, zombies, chat with friends, do ridiculous cilck-9001 damage kills. This project is dead, i can see it clearly. I know that they're making those secondary stuff like chat and other sh*** because they're stuck with things they can't implement, like real status, combat, hit effects, physics... You can be a real man and see what's really happening or defend those guys like a teenager girl defending justin bieber. Well, you already took the second option, i'm sorry for your low, very low testosterone levels.

Draxanoth

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 25, 2011, 06:27:07 PM
Anyway, while you talk about people you did never see, and never will see, the click-9001 damage is here. This way, people who never played a diablo game before and don't buy the original diablo 3, will think that it's a game about spawn, zombies, chat with friends, do ridiculous cilck-9001 damage kills. This project is dead, i can see it clearly. I know that they're making those secondary stuff like chat and other sh*** because they're stuck with things they can't implement, like real status, combat, hit effects, physics... You can be a real man and see what's really happening or defend those guys like a teenager girl defending justin bieber. Well, you already took the second option, i'm sorry for your low, very low testosterone levels.
So really you're mad because you want to steal the game and they're not making that possible for you fast enough?  No intelligent person is going to steal Diablo 3 via an emulator 6 months prior to release and say it's the real game; and people who don't buy D3 don't deserve to play it, only a child would think that way.

Do we not have mods on this forum?  Where are the hammers of anti-whiner justice?

kimboy11

wats wif all the fighting. Just wait for the bloody game and play then, its not that far away and blizzard never disappoints. If you cant wait for it then go and play diablo1 and 2 again and then come back and see wats up. There are plenty of other games you could be playing while waiting aswell so stop the bitching and be patient. Atleast you can get into the game and see wat it is like. If u dnt like wat they r doing then stop coming to this site.

eleveneleven

raistlinthewiz

Quote from: alexandreonly on October 25, 2011, 06:27:07 PM
This project is dead, i can see it clearly. I know that they're making those secondary stuff like chat and other sh*** because they're stuck with things they can't implement, like real status, combat, hit effects, physics...

Okay why don't u start a new project then and implement those "real status, combat, hit effects, physics" with your superior knowledge instead of bitching here like a kid?

I already explained there chat/channel/party stuff is not a secondary stuff but a core-part, but then I can clearly see you're a retard who can't read.

drifter000

Made you look! :D

sampol

I really admire you guys for your skills with doing that diablo 3 beta emulator, but does it really make sense? The progress since the release of the diablo 3 beta is ketchup slow and probably Diablo 3 will be available in stores before your emulator version will be playable.

What's the point of that huge work if that version is not playable before original full game release. With that progress emulation of the full game will take years.

I think Blizzard beat the pirates with this server system and we should just admit it.

No disrespect but I follow this project since the beginnig and It doesn't seem to be even close to be playable.

Nonetheless I wish you luck:)

FatMan

Quote from: sampol on October 27, 2011, 06:42:12 AM
I really admire you guys for your skills with doing that diablo 3 beta emulator, but does it really make sense? The progress since the release of the diablo 3 beta is ketchup slow and probably Diablo 3 will be available in stores before your emulator version will be playable.

What's the point of that huge work if that version is not playable before original full game release. With that progress emulation of the full game will take years.

I think Blizzard beat the pirates with this server system and we should just admit it.

No disrespect but I follow this project since the beginnig and It doesn't seem to be even close to be playable.

Nonetheless I wish you luck:)

The point of this work is not for Piracy (where here I mean playing a game without buying it). It is more for those people who want to be able to play the game offline, (eg: when battle.net is offline, or after the zombie apocalypse destroys the internet). Having something that works during beta would just be a bonus. As pointed out by the devs of mooege, they could rush it, and have a crappy version which works only for the beta (even this would take some time though, as it all fits together somehow), but then they would have to start over for the full version.

Really, it's a case of short term pain = long term pleasure. 

It's a really bad idea to say "You are doing it wrong", when you yourself don't know how to do it right. This applies to all things. And if you do know how to do it right, then join in the development, and fix what you think is broken. If you are in fact right, then the devs will welcome the help.

sampol

Not piracy? Common, you saying that this version is for offline playing when blizzard servers will be off or something else...

1. What's the point of playing emulated full version if your progress, previous achievements and all stuff from the original (online) version is not in the emulated one. Example: You have 40 lvl Barbarian and the blizzard server crashes, then you play an offline version with another different barabarian and stuff. Common it's just a pirated offline version of Diablo 3!:)

2. Emulated beta when the original is not available for everyone make sense to me just to have fun and test the game before it's release but making an emulated full game after blizzards release? It's not worth it! Example: Imagine Diablo 3 comes out like 3 march or something and you start a work of emulation. Even if it will be fast it will never be the same as the original - randomization codes, all patches and updates- this emulation will always be a worse optimazed, lacking content and so on...

3. I think it would be better to do just a good and playable beta, because now everyone have to wait for original release but want to experience beta.

4. After the release of original Diablo 3 someone that really want to experience that game will preffer to buy it instead of playing something that only imitates the original game.

5. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that your work has no sense but in my opinion it would be much better for everone to be able to play a single player emulated beta as fast as possible than waiting for full version when the original release will be already in stores.

cheers!

eleveneleven

Considering how much I'd play now vs how often I'd be offline after launch (or be able to play when BNet is down)...I'd MUCH rather it be out now.

It's like choosing annual payments when winning the lottery instead of lump sum. Sure the lump sum is less overall (quality) but you get to enjoy it all now. Who picks annual payments when they win the lottery?

Is it really that much more work to rush a version out now and then just work on a better offline emu later? Would it really be that bad to not have the offline feature available for a little while post launch vs no emu beta now and having offline available at launch?

matt84

Quote from: eleveneleven on October 27, 2011, 12:31:56 PM
Considering how much I'd play now vs how often I'd be offline after launch (or be able to play when BNet is down)...I'd MUCH rather it be out now.

It's like choosing annual payments when winning the lottery instead of lump sum. Sure the lump sum is less overall (quality) but you get to enjoy it all now. Who picks annual payments when they win the lottery?

Is it really that much more work to rush a version out now and then just work on a better offline emu later? Would it really be that bad to not have the offline feature available for a little while post launch vs no emu beta now and having offline available at launch?

Personally i think you're kinda kidding yourself if you believe that, pretty sure you can play Diablo III offline as it is just like you could with the other 2, basically hosting a private game is.... wait for it, playing offline!!!!

secondly nah you wouldnt... if you have the real thing, which is free btw for people who play WoW now it seems *thankyou blizzard* you dont invest hours into a character to go and play on a private server, while it was a good idea during beta.... saying your gonna work on a better version after release is pointless because anyone who wants to play is going to play on live... simply put it will always be better.

Just like private WoW servers, they never have and never will be as good as blizzard live servers and considering it's free 2 play.. there is no monthly subs which is generally what people who play on private servers want to avoid... having to pay monthly subs.

That being said, i wish the team the best as pointless as i see it being... and if they can get a decent functioning emulator working thats great... but to most of you in here... "See you at launch!"

Edit - OHHH i almost forgot, what do you mean when bnet is down, hell it barley goes down to restart wow servers anymore, i think we've had like 2 tuesday night maintenances in like 3 months or something... i think you'll find for diablo there wont be much bnet downtime. hell in diablo II i never remember wanting to play and being unable due to servers being down