Server Emulation Support Thread. (Newbs post here)

Started by Moosey, September 20, 2011, 06:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moosey

This is to stop the newbs from flooding the other threads.

Espionage724

Lol @ Newbs post here  :D

Anyway, my Diablo III client crashes right after I log in (I see character creation for maybe 1-2 seconds) with the new Town PoC. Not too sure why...

Moosey

Previously posted by Abadon

It's not hard, it's boring, you have to check the over 1000 items that are in the game at the moment and do the coding. If you, for example, joined a Custom WoW server, then you would see from time to time (we are filtering, rebalancing and all that stuff, the following week we will be checking the over 18.000 custom items in the server and changing their stats" which is the ultimate form of being trolled by a game xD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUIDE TO RUN THE SANDBOX PROPERLY. (even donkeys understand it!) *I DON'T PROVIDE LINKS, THEY ARE ALL INSIDE THIS THREAD*

1A.-There is a link around this thread in Mediafire by nightwolf, you have to download it, if there were more than one, download the most up-to-date one, it's the Sandbox that you need in order to enter the world.

1B.-There are some source repositories in the diablo3dev website, head to the raistlinthewiz d3sharp project and download the latest source.

2.- Download and install Visual Studio 2010 Express from Microsoft website.

3.- Now that you have all the stuff, open Visual Studio and use it to open this file inside raistlinthewiz's project: <d3sharp\source\d3sharp.sln> (tip: drag the file from the folder inside the program's window, so you avoid further problems), wait until it totally loads and go to the top bar, clic on Debug>Build solution(you can press F6, but you had better do it by clicking until you have some experience). Look at the bottom left corner until it says "Build succeded", then you are done with visual studio. DON'T CLOSE IT, but rather minimize it so it doesn't botther you.

4.- Leave raistlinthewiz's project folder and head to the Sandbox's, which you downloaded in the first step. Open D3Sharp.exe (not with Visual Studio!!!! Just double clic it). A command line window will appear, THIS MUST BE RUNNING in order to get into the game, DON'T CLOSE IT!!!!

5.- Create a shorcut to DiabloIII.exe at Diablo III beta folder, you can place this wherever you want. The name doesn't matter either, to create a shortcut click and hold on DiabloIII.exe with the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON and drag it to an empty file, now release and it will give you the options, to MOVE, CREATE A SHORTCUT, COPY OR CANCEL; select create a shortcut. Now click Properties and look at the "target" line, it should look like this:

<"random_directory*\Diablo III beta\Diablo III.exe"> *Note: the path where you installed the game is your decision. The default directory is C:\Program Files. You don't have to edit that anyway.

Now we have to add a couple of command lines to start it. (PLEASE DON'T EDIT THE TARGET DIRECTORY, IT'S NOT NECESSARY!!!!)

The final target should look like this<"random_directory*\Diablo III beta\Diablo III.exe" -launch -auroraaddress localhost:1345>

**These 2 signs <> are not part of the targed directory, I use them to separate directories from the rest of the article.

Now click Apply, then Accept to have the changes saved, rename the Shortcut if you feel like it to something like "Diablo III offline", it's not necessary though.

6.- Launch the shortcut, now you are at the Log In screen, type in any sort of account (if you want to keep your files, always use the same) and a random password. Now select any character (you will be a Demon Hunter anyway until this gets fixed), continue and you will see you can Start the Campaign (which gets you inside the world) and there is a flag to the right. You can customize it. There are a LOT of options up to now, between dying it, the logos, etc. When you are done, you should check your video and sound options, also check the other options tabs. When you are done, press Start Campaign and you are inside the world.

7.- Profit.

Appart from the Typos, this guide tells you EVERYTHING you have to do in order to emulate the game in Sandbox mode, now read and QUIT ASKING FOR HELP! If you didn't succeed with this, you aren't allowed to play.

Have a nice day, my fellows

Moosey

Download this file, extract it and copy all items into your Diablo III Beta folder. Run D3Sharp first, then run D3Launcher. Click Launch Offline, and the game will start. Login with account: Lol@newb.com  password: Lol. Create your character and join the game.

Attachments are a compilation of all files released in the previous threads jammed into one folder.
-D3Launcher
-Sandbox
-Offline Launcher

Abaddon

You don't even need the offline launcher, when you create the shortcut and add the 2 commands you get the same use as when you open the launcher and clic offline gameplay.

Personally I prefer the shortcut, since I don't know exactly how does the launcher work, and I can tweak the shortcut as I want, but everyone to their gut tastes.

Moosey

Launcher is the exact same file as we're using, just without the tagline needed. That is the reason i posted it :P

rodrigokiwi

Hey guys, nice work.

I'm having a little problem here, I got the files, unzipped (unRARed :P ) them and stuff but when I try to type a random account with a random password, the game says that the passwords and/or the account name are wrong and I get ERROR 03. What should I do?

I tryed to read the whole post and couldn't find this problem, sorry if I missed that part.

PS.: Sorry for any grammar problems, not used to post in forums in english. :P

Moosey

You have to use Email//Password to login. It can be anything
Example   Lol@newb.com  // Lol

Moosey

Actually it sounds like you aren't opening the right files. Open D3sharp first, then D3Launcher. Enter in your bogus login information, and you should be fine. If that doesn't work, download the attachment, replace the files in your diablo 3 beta directory and try it again.

Dablark

Downloaded the compilation. Ran d3sharp and server starts listening. Ran the launcher and selected offline. Logged in. I see the character creation screen for an instant and game crashes. Any ideas?

rodrigokiwi

I unzipped the files (got the most recent posted one), changed the command line on the Diablo Beta Laucher and opened the D3sharp and I still get the same Error.

Moosey

If you're using windows 7, try to run as administrator. Please make sure you're logging in with an email. Also change the command line in your diablo 3 beta shortcut if it is still not working. If it still does not work, let me know what operating system you are using.

Abaddon

moosey can i have the link so i can paste it in the guide? else I lack the links to download the stuff.

Moosey

I just added the attachment within a post. You can download it from this post and add it to yours. Or I could do it for you:P give me a second

Dablark

I'm using Vista 64. This is the crash message
   Problem Event Name:   BEX
  Application Name:   Diablo III.exe
  Application Version:   0.3.0.7338
  Application Timestamp:   4e6a68f1
  Fault Module Name:   MSVCR90.dll
  Fault Module Version:   9.0.30729.4148
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4a594c79
  Exception Offset:   0006ccb5
  Exception Code:   c0000417
  Exception Data:   00000000
  OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   d027
  Additional Information 2:   5b99e23272afdabcca67e5e64d37a329
  Additional Information 3:   2afc
  Additional Information 4:   16108732b056ceef19c449feb8ab2d

I also see a fatal error in red text on the D3 sharp server command line box (but it doesn't prevent game launch or login).