Server Emulation Support Thread. (Newbs post here)

Started by Moosey, September 20, 2011, 06:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbplayer232

I keep getting this error definitely different, and I went ahead and attached the previous users upload. Can anyone help me?

axwe11

IF I entered in game I have ERROR:

The game assets between the client and the server don't match.

fbplayer232

Fixed it problem I needed to update my visual... should have kept reading the site. My bad..... and axwe11 it is going to say that error once you enter into the world. This is a very early emulation, so aside from walking around inside of the village you cannot do much else.

Sinphas

Quote from: RadicalEnd on September 21, 2011, 10:49:00 PM
Quote from: Sinphas on September 21, 2011, 10:28:32 PM
Hello, Im having a bit of difficulty trying to get the emu to work properly. Now, ive reead allt he instructions to the letter and ive read every single page on this and many other forums on the topic to no avail. I have the D3sharp.exe compiled and running before i start my updated client via the shortcut (not the launcher). when i type in my bogus information, i get this error:

Im not sure at all what im doing wrong. and yes im using the latest D3sharp stuff from today.
check firewall

All firewalls are disabled, and im still receiving the same error  =(((((((((((

kveldulv

I launched the game with d3sharp release 6, but I could only play Monk and there were no monsters on the map. Map was very small and nothing happend there.
Is it normal?

Are you able to run the game with all abilities or its just the matter of emulation and we cant do anything more?

analhue

Quote from: kveldulv on September 23, 2011, 08:07:52 AM
I launched the game with d3sharp release 6, but I could only play Monk and there were no monsters on the map. Map was very small and nothing happend there.
Is it normal?

Are you able to run the game with all abilities or its just the matter of emulation and we cant do anything more?

It's normal, just have to wait until they can fix all issues. Read the thread before asking I made the same question.

Sheetso

This is the actually status of programming the emulator.
They are only in "sandbox" mode.
And also you only can enter as a Monk cause this is the actually pre-save of the emulator.
You can only walk around and in New Tristram without NPC´s... no interaction... no enemies... nothing...
Just run around as a Monk! (Sandbox-mode)

We all hope that some day there will be a full 100% emulator working.. but if i realy look, i see that the steps are so slowly that the emu will be done when the full game is released.... every day a new step is ok... but if today the exit menu is new... tomorrow the logout menu is new.... after tomorrow the Bannerselection menu is new.... when will the emulator have all NPC´s.. all quest´s.... all skills abillities and weapons and armor???......

i think in about 2 or 3 years :D

amertak

Quote from: Sheetso on September 23, 2011, 09:03:56 AM
This is the actually status of programming the emulator.
They are only in "sandbox" mode.
And also you only can enter as a Monk cause this is the actually pre-save of the emulator.
You can only walk around and in New Tristram without NPC´s... no interaction... no enemies... nothing...
Just run around as a Monk! (Sandbox-mode)

We all hope that some day there will be a full 100% emulator working.. but if i realy look, i see that the steps are so slowly that the emu will be done when the full game is released.... every day a new step is ok... but if today the exit menu is new... tomorrow the logout menu is new.... after tomorrow the Bannerselection menu is new.... when will the emulator have all NPC´s.. all quest´s.... all skills abillities and weapons and armor???......

i think in about 2 or 3 years :D

it's gonna be like world of warcraft emulators ;) takes some time, but I hope it will be great :)

ramxi

Hi

I need some help.  Do i use Microsoft visual c#, or do is visual studio a whole different thing, im getting a "build failed" message.  Im pretty much stuck there.

thank you for the help

kimboy11

Quote from: ramxi on September 23, 2011, 06:28:18 PM
Hi

I need some help.  Do i use Microsoft visual c#, or do is visual studio a whole different thing, im getting a "build failed" message.  Im pretty much stuck there.

thank you for the help

Download visual studio professional the trial version. the visual studio basic won't be able to read the .sln file. I don't know about the microsoft visual c# but the visual studio professional works.

ramxi

ahhhhh im stuck at step 5!!!

Plz tell me where to create a shortcut to DiabloIII.exe from??  I have no idea where to find it.  Do i create a new folder and just call it Diablo3??  Im confused, plz help

Sheetso

Quote from: ramxi on September 23, 2011, 08:06:14 PM
ahhhhh im stuck at step 5!!!

Plz tell me where to create a shortcut to DiabloIII.exe from??  I have no idea where to find it.  Do i create a new folder and just call it Diablo3??  Im confused, plz help

you must create a shortcut of original diabloIII.exe...
(make rightclick on the diabloIII.exe and choose "create shortcut")
after this put this shortcut to your Desktop (or where u want)
now make a rightklick on the shortcut and go to properties....
to the exe target add the line -launch -auroraaddress
The final target should look like this -> "random_directory*\Diablo III beta\Diablo III.exe" -launch -auroraaddress localhost:1345

now just click on apply.... and this step is finished :)
enjoy!!!

ramxi

[/quote]

The final target should look like this -> "random_directory*\Diablo III beta\Diablo III.exe" -launch -auroraaddress localhost:1345

enjoy!!!
[/quote]

im sorry, but it didnt work!

Do i create the shortcut from the actual D3 beta client??  It never added the "random directory" to the target. Where do i find the DiabloIII.exe to begin with?  Im sorry for being such a noob!

kimboy11

Quote from: ramxi on September 23, 2011, 09:38:09 PM

enjoy!!!
[/quote]

im sorry, but it didnt work!

Do i create the shortcut from the actual D3 beta client??  It never added the "random directory" to the target. Where do i find the DiabloIII.exe to begin with?  Im sorry for being such a noob!
[/quote]

yes you need to create the shortcut from the actual D3 beta client. Its like doing it for any other game, what is so hard with making a shortcut?? The diabloIII.exe will be in default "C:\Program files\Diablo III beta" like in any other game. It depends on where you installed it obviously. My directory looks something like this

"F:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Beta\Diablo III.exe" -launch -auroraaddress 127.0.0.1:1345

EDIT: don't look for the directory "random_directory" because it doesn't exist. It is just an example whether it is C drive or D drive whereever you installed it