Main Menu

FINAL EMULATION GUIDE

Started by Abaddon, September 20, 2011, 08:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abaddon

THIS THREAD WAS MEANT TO REFLECT UPDATES AND THE GUIDE OF HOW TO RUN IT, NOTHING ELSE.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TROUBLESHOOTING HELP, PLEASE REFER TO http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/diablo-3/server-emulation-support-thread-(newbs-post-here)/
NO ISSUES WILL BE SOLVED IN THIS THREAD.

GUIDE TO RUN THE SANDBOX PROPERLY.
(Even donkeys understand it!)
1.- Download and save the Repository files, the SandBox emulator files and the Offline Launcher, Moosey provided a link for the most up-to-date files for all 3 of them.
     ☼Here you can find the most up-to-date repositions. https://github.com/raistlinthewiz/d3sharp
     ☼NightWolf posted the SandBox files, if you want the source ask him/her for them.
     ☼The Offline launcher is not needed, but it will let you skip STEP 5!. (I recommend using the shortcut though)

2.- Download and install Visual Studio 2010 Express from Microsoft website.

3.- Now that you have all the stuff, open Visual Studio and use it to open this file inside raistlinthewiz's project: <d3sharp\source\d3sharp.sln> (tip: drag the file from the folder inside the program's window, so you avoid further problems), wait until it totally loads and go to the top bar, clic on Debug>Build solution(you can press F6, but you had better do it by clicking until you have some experience). Look at the bottom left corner until it says "Build succeded", then you are done with visual studio. DON'T CLOSE IT, but rather minimize it so it doesn't botther you.

4.- Leave raistlinthewiz's project folder and head to the Sandbox's, which you downloaded in the first step. Open D3Sharp.exe (not with Visual Studio!!!! Just double clic it). A command line window will appear, THIS MUST BE RUNNING in order to get into the game, DON'T CLOSE IT!!!!

5.- Create a shorcut to DiabloIII.exe at Diablo III beta folder, you can place this wherever you want. The name doesn't matter either, to create a shortcut click and hold on DiabloIII.exe with the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON and drag it to an empty file, now release and it will give you the options, to MOVE, CREATE A SHORTCUT, COPY OR CANCEL; select create a shortcut. Now click Properties and look at the "target" line, it should look like this:

<"random_directory*\Diablo III beta\Diablo III.exe"> *Note: the path where you installed the game is your decision. The default directory is C:\Program Files. You don't have to edit that anyway.

Now we have to add a couple of command lines to start it. (PLEASE DON'T EDIT THE TARGET DIRECTORY, IT'S NOT NECESSARY!!!!)

The final target should look like this<"random_directory*\Diablo III beta\Diablo III.exe" -launch -auroraaddress localhost:1345>

**These 2 signs <> are not part of the targed directory, I use them to separate directories from the rest of the article.

Now click Apply, then Accept to have the changes saved, rename the Shortcut if you feel like it to something like "Diablo III offline", it's not necessary though.

6.- Launch the shortcut, now you are at the Log In screen, type in any sort of account (if you want to keep your files, always use the same) and a random password. Now select any character (you will be a Demon Hunter anyway until this gets fixed), continue and you will see you can Start the Campaign (which gets you inside the world) and there is a flag to the right. You can customize it. There are a LOT of options up to now, between dying it, the logos, etc. When you are done, you should check your video and sound options, also check the other options tabs. When you are done, press Start Campaign and you are inside the world.

7.- Profit.

Appart from the Typos, this guide tells you EVERYTHING you have to do in order to emulate the game in Sandbox mode! If you didn't succeed with this, you aren't allowed to play. But perhaps you didn't follow the steps correctly.

Moosey

Compilation of all the files needed.

Blintux

Quote from: Moosey on September 20, 2011, 08:20:01 AM
Compilation of all the files needed.

This is outdated emulator version! ( 0.0.4279 )
The latest emulator version is 0.0.4280 and don't work with the latest game version: 0.3.07338

Moosey

Where did you find this updated version?

Arya

Quote from: Moosey on September 20, 2011, 09:44:22 AM
Where did you find this updated version?
Maybe he pulled a fresh copy from github.

warriorsam

and what's new with the latest version ?

Moosey

xkp

Thank you i get it from first time. It's not that hard ^^

Moosey

avathar

You should add to this guide that latest client version  3.0.7.3.3.8 will ONLY work with server version 0.4280.27337 or newer.
By the way, old version of server is better at the moment, because there is more space to explore.
Old version of server(0.4279.xxxxx) - you can play demon hunter
New version of server (0.4280.xxxxx) - you can play monk

druida

To me personaguem not appear on the screen StartBatle, and the following error:

HoOlOo

Hi guys thx 4 all this but does  this including peat the full scenario of diablo 3 act1 or is this just for exploring the environment  of act1  because i cant do anything but explorer ... does i mess something or what ??? :(

druida

Yaws

Quote from: HoOlOo on September 20, 2011, 12:05:05 PM
Hi guys thx 4 all this but does  this including peat the full scenario of diablo 3 act1 or is this just for exploring the environment  of act1  because i cant do anything but explorer ... does i mess something or what ??? :(

Nope you didnt miss anything, that all you get from this build.

But aint it awesome. First time it works for me. and im happy! Good Job guys.

Jimmyhaffa

Thanks for compiling those Moosey. It was a big help!