Main Menu

FINAL EMULATION GUIDE

Started by Abaddon, September 20, 2011, 08:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowil

Hey im getting some errors. It build good and all, i can start a game but i only spawn as a Monk no matter which class i choose, and my name does not get stored. When the game loads after i press start game i get the message
"snoPackhash mismatch between client and server. Proceed at your own risk!." and a few moments later i get the error message :"Your request has timed out (error_3006)

I have given it access through firewall etc.

Abaddon

Quote from: rowil on September 22, 2011, 01:48:11 PM
Hey im getting some errors. It build good and all, i can start a game but i only spawn as a Monk no matter which class i choose, and my name does not get stored. When the game loads after i press start game i get the message
"snoPackhash mismatch between client and server. Proceed at your own risk!." and a few moments later i get the error message :"Your request has timed out (error_3006)

I have given it access through firewall etc.

After you are told to proceed at your own risk it should work, you will get errors, amongst others, for trying to chat inside the sandbox.

Centrius

Quote from: rowil on September 22, 2011, 01:48:11 PM
"snoPackhash mismatch between client and server. Proceed at your own risk!."

I just get that, and each time I try to make any class I get a Monk :D

Sheetso

This is the actually status of programming the emulator.
They are only in "sandbox" mode.
And also you only can enter as a Monk cause this is the actually pre-save of the emulator.
You can only walk around and in New Tristram without NPC´s... no interaction... no enemies... nothing...
Just run around as a Monk! (Sandbox-mode)

We all hope that some day there will be a full 100% emulator working.. but if i realy look, i see that the steps are so slowly that the emu will be done when the full game is released.... every day a new step is ok... but if today the exit menu is new... tomorrow the logout menu is new.... after tomorrow the Bannerselection menu is new.... when will the emulator have all NPC´s.. all quest´s.... all skills abillities and weapons and armor???......

i think in about 2 or 3 years :D

myr0

i don't think so.

quit to win/mac, quit to menu, logout are nearly the same...
quest implementation is imho (i don't code that, so just arguing) everytime the same but with dif. specs..
interaction with npc's also similar.

hopefully i'm right with that :D

Sheetso

Quote from: myr0 on September 23, 2011, 09:12:42 AM
i don't think so.

quit to win/mac, quit to menu, logout are nearly the same...
quest implementation is imho (i don't code that, so just arguing) everytime the same but with dif. specs..
interaction with npc's also similar.

hopefully i'm right with that :D

i dont think so.... why they need a day to fix the exit menu?
why they need a day to fix a bugged not working banner menu?
and the npc´s needs more than one script... its not the same everytimes... and in this emu is no npc...
sry ok there is just one and he is full bugged...
they must first implement the npc´s... than they must script them... than they have to implement the armors and weapons... and the skills.... everything... atm they just have a world... an empty world.... so the actually status of the emulator is about 1-2% of 100% .......

make a self test.. look what happens in your inventar when you will change your armor... or give it in your inventar... nothing happens cause this is also not scripted... or to enter buildings...or to open your chest...this are so little things, but very much little things... and after all this.. you must make the complete act 1 and not only a town with a 100 feet road... and so it will take a very lot of time i think.... =/

Reac7

I think many people come here and wonder if it all works.

There are no comments about working, all are about NOT working.

So, just did everything like it was said in the first post, in description.

SANDBOX is WORKING the way it is described.

Good job, keep it up!

netwired

Awsome Job so far.

I'd like to help if I can.

s1gnal

I think most of the people just wants a starting chest filled with weapons/armors. Then an small arena like area at some map that spawns some random zombies to hack and slash at. Testing new abilities and leveling up.

Then you do not have to script all the other useless stuff like quests, make the other maps work, scripting mob events for every scene etc. Makes it possible to test out the different classes before Diablo3 release. :)

FatMan

Signal, +1. I would love to just bash (or some monk skill) the same enemies till the cow king comes home. But the way things are progressing, I am sure they doing things in a logical order. We will just have to wait until they get it done. But hey, this should be done sooner than soonTM.

Abaddon

Quote from: FatMan on September 24, 2011, 03:35:03 PM[...] We will just have to wait until they get it done. But hey, this should be done sooner than soonTM.

Don't count on it... they are good, but not programming gods.

tonto

Quote from: Moosey on September 20, 2011, 08:20:01 AM
Compilation of all the files needed.

Moosey, thank you!  I was having issues getting this compiled with my machine, so this helps tremendously! 

FatMan

QuoteDon't count on it... they are good, but not programming gods.

Demigods maybe?  :D There was huge progress yesterday. A few more leaps like that, and we will have something to kill.

s1gnal

Quote from: FatMan on September 24, 2011, 03:35:03 PM
Signal, +1. I would love to just bash (or some monk skill) the same enemies till the cow king comes home. But the way things are progressing, I am sure they doing things in a logical order. We will just have to wait until they get it done. But hey, this should be done sooner than soonTM.

Im thankful for the work put into this. Now we have spawning zombies ready, only minor adjustments and we can hack and slash. Then the class skills in order. Put some decent weapons in a chest, and we can talk. Even the real closed beta testers would download this emulator :D *giggle*. Who wouldnt?

FatMan

Quote from: s1gnal on September 25, 2011, 07:12:44 AM
Quote from: FatMan on September 24, 2011, 03:35:03 PM

Im thankful for the work put into this. Now we have spawning zombies ready, only minor adjustments and we can hack and slash. Then the class skills in order. Put some decent weapons in a chest, and we can talk. Even the real closed beta testers would download this emulator :D *giggle*. Who wouldnt?

Yes, and whats more, this emu will until (and beyond) release. The official beta will end a few weeks before release.