Main Menu

Socket Error

Started by d3m0n, June 08, 2011, 03:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d3m0n

Hey guys, so when I try to run my Enigma bot via ssh console (after I've edited the correct settings and set the correct IP for my West account for d2) it gives me a, what looks like, socket error. Not quite sure why but figured you guys might know better than I.

SOCK_HANDLERB() ERROR
Socket Closed

Thanks,
d3m0n

Myst

Make sure your config is setup properly.
Since you're logging in on D2 it should be Client=68XIVD2D.

Also once you do that you'll get "Invalid Version" because I believe sit0 forgot to update the offsets in enigma.cpp where it grabs the place of the config.

Code (enigma.cpp) Select

else if(!strncmp(buf,"D2File0",7))
                                        Bot::getVAR(10, ooo);
                                else if(!strncmp(buf,"D2File1",7))
                                        Bot::getVAR(11, ooo);
                                else if(!strncmp(buf,"D2File2",7))
                                        Bot::getVAR(12, ooo);
                                else if(!strncmp(buf,"D2File3",7))
                                        Bot::getVAR(13, ooo);
                                else if(!strncmp(buf,"D2Byte",6))
                                        Bot::getVAR(04, ooo);

From what I see those offsets are wrong, where getVAR(numberhere) = the line in the config, which don't match.
I'm like 90% sure thats the reason you won't be able to login on D2, but my C++ skills are very elementary. But I'm still sure thats way.  So if you really wanted to login on D2, you'd have to edit those values and then manually compile the bot.
If you just want to make it simple for youself, use SC to login on, it works fine.

d3m0n

Hey Thanks Myst for the quick reply,

The only reason I was planning to use D2 was because of the extra CDKey I have to be able to run the bot. I can't seem to find ANY actually working and well documented Battlenet Channel bot the works only via SSH Console, it actually surprises me very much. Enigma's was the closest I could find.

Worst comes to worst, I'll just see about getting a SC key.

Thanks again,
d3m0n

cHip

Yeah, from what it looks like, the verbyte is wrong for d2.  A simple fix if your cpp / linux compiling skills are intact.  Like Myst says, SC works fine, as I'm loading SC beautifully on east with it.

Myst

he also forgot to change the Enigma 0.992 to Enigma 0.993 display on bot -.-  smh

d3m0n

Thanks for the replies guys, so I guess the way to go is with SC (I don't know jack about C+ compiling, lol). I did a quick google search and found a lot of sites are claiming working cd keys so I figured I'd give it a try (long shot I know) but now I get the different  following error (guessing it's from the free cd key?):

|0x50| keyhash: 9CEDC385C4426CF4EC6DACBC3F9AF07B16DF0BEF19BD0100
Segmentation fault

cHip

Seg faults are memory related issues.  Most commonly, your config is wrong.  Probably referencing the lockdown or hash files improperly.

d3m0n

I just can't seem to get this thing to work  :o lol. It's really weird, I got as far as getting the INVALID CDKEY which was better than getting the socket error, which I still get even after changing the correct lockdown paths.

But I got the invalid CD KEY error it just went right back to the socket error after switching keys n trying again, I ended up buying SC on my battle net account but seems long version digital keys don't work either.

Is there perhaps another shell linux battle net bot that one could suggest with a little more information on setting up and troubleshooting?

Myst