Re: Diablo 3 Server Emulation progress

Started by alexandreonly, November 08, 2011, 06:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexandreonly

Quote from: brokenduck on November 07, 2011, 10:13:32 PM
Awesome work!!
Is it possible that mooege be able to support mods and lan coop in the future?
like making 4+ players coop and other stuff?
this will be massive fun

Yes, it will have everything but normal combat mechanics. You will enjoy lan coop with your friends saying "lol" while spawning zombies and doing the famous click-9001 damage again, and again and again.

alexandreonly

Quote from: Barracuda72 on November 07, 2011, 05:28:51 AM
Mooege's Brain
Inital implementation of AI in Mooege (I slightly tweaked it to work)
Maybe looks strange for now (Object loader from MPQ loads most objects except NPCs as Monsters, so Villagers and even some non-live objects as Repair treated to be enemies), but good work, guys!

Great, more click-9001 damage videos. I challenge you to post a video where the player hit a zombie with a club with normal damage and physics.

eleveneleven

Quote from: alexandreonly on November 08, 2011, 06:49:13 PM
Mooege's Brain
Maybe looks strange for now (Object loader from MPQ loads most objects except NPCs as Monsters, so Villagers and even some non-live objects as Repair treated to be enemies), but good work, guys!

Great, more click-9001 damage videos. I challenge you to post a video where the player hit a zombie with a club with normal damage and physics.

Myst please get rid of this guy

FatMan

Mooege's Brain

Thats lame. How many of these have already been posted by people with beta keys.  8)

Barracuda72

Mooege's Brain

For first, have you seen that video? There is no 9001 damage =) Damage is calculated by simple formula (you can see it in first video - it's my little tweak). For second, I want to say something about combat system.
Yes, combat system in Mooege is not done yet, and hasn't been started. But this is NOT because the developer's are stupid or because they didn't played Diablo 2 and don't know what Diablo is about. Combat system is very complex part of game, and depeons on many things - yes, on multiplayer stuff too. Maybe, they could start it earlier, but then they introduce other things (multiplayer), they will have to reimplement some parts of code again and again. It's like constructing a car - you can put engine, wheels and so on together, and it probably will be the car, but after some time you will understant that you need a sit, a lights, windscreen, after all. But... There is no place for them :-D. Mooege developers working on some other things, but they leave some place for engine.
After all, if you so furious about Mooege development - why the developers are THEY, not YOU?  ;D