Question

Started by Korrupt, December 16, 2011, 04:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korrupt

So I know this program is safe been using it since it was released but I recently tried to install RoD on my new computer protected by NIS 12.

When I unzip it, file insight immediately removes bncsutil.dll and says its a threat. It also removes rogueofdiablo.exe.

Not sure if you can help since you dont work for symantec but why do these files pose a threat?

Myst

It gets picked up as "Ws.Reputation.1"  , which means: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99
Which means the "tens of millions of end users" of symantec, don't namebot or use any bnet bot to begin with :P  So basically means squat nd not a threat. 
You can go the your security log and click "Recover this file" to have it un-removed.

Korrupt

Quote from: Myst on December 16, 2011, 09:44:38 PM
It gets picked up as "Ws.Reputation.1"  , which means: http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-051308-1854-99
Which means the "tens of millions of end users" of symantec, don't namebot or use any bnet bot to begin with :P  So basically means squat nd not a threat. 
You can go the your security log and click "Recover this file" to have it un-removed.

awesome thanks got it working..

another question may seem dumb but i have 4 keysets and 4 bots running. it feels like its slower then when i had 2 key sets and 2 bots running. if its running on a old computer with terrible internet. could it be slowing it down?

Myst

Yes internet would be a factor in slowness.  RoDv2 would run fine on anything as old as Win98.   Also just fyi, RoD at the moment uses the same cdkey over and over, it only switches the cdkey automatically when it hits a banned/invalid/wrong key.   So essentially you're only using 4 bots on 1 keyset.  I haven't been actively working on this project for a year+ so I haven't fully finished it :P

Korrupt

Quote from: Myst on December 17, 2011, 03:19:23 PM
Yes internet would be a factor in slowness.  RoDv2 would run fine on anything as old as Win98.   Also just fyi, RoD at the moment uses the same cdkey over and over, it only switches the cdkey automatically when it hits a banned/invalid/wrong key.   So essentially you're only using 4 bots on 1 keyset.  I haven't been actively working on this project for a year+ so I haven't fully finished it :P

ooo so is their an advantage to having more bots? i have 4 running atm with 4 seperate accts and 4 name list.

how can i make it faster? Thought I read somewhere that you should direct more than one bot at name lists? hows that work. if you dont mind :P

Myst

The more bots you have running the faster it goes in terms of attempting to make names and a better chance of grabbing a name if one expires. 
To direct the bots at all the same lists, just set the same Account List to each bot, in the Settings area.

Korrupt

Quote from: Myst on December 17, 2011, 04:03:13 PM
The more bots you have running the faster it goes in terms of attempting to make names and a better chance of grabbing a name if one expires. 
To direct the bots at all the same lists, just set the same Account List to each bot, in the Settings area.

Oh alright so it should look like this?

Account1.         Namelist1
Account1.         Namelist1

Etc etc? And how many bots can I run at once? I thought u could only run as many as key sets u have but I was wrong apparently.

Myst

It should look like this:
[hs width=300 height=300]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4465/settingsexample.png[/hs]

Each bot with the same account list.
FYI remember you need to have each BNCS name different and iirc the bot wouldn't launch bots with the same bncs name, but I dont remember. 
This is because you can't have BNCSName1 and BNCSName1 logon the MCP server at the same time.  This is noted in the ReadMe.

And you can launch as many bots are you want as long as each bncs name you're using is different.  But the current version of RoD has no delay when connecting so you will get ipbanned for connecting to fast if you try to connect like 6+ at once.   So what people have done to circumvent that is just launch multiple exe's with like 4-5 bots running on each exe.

Also on a sidenote, its easy to get banned for namebotting.

Korrupt

Quote from: Myst on December 17, 2011, 06:13:11 PM
It should look like this:
[hs width=300 height=300]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4465/settingsexample.png[/hs]

Each bot with the same account list.
FYI remember you need to have each BNCS name different and iirc the bot wouldn't launch bots with the same bncs name, but I dont remember. 
This is because you can't have BNCSName1 and BNCSName1 logon the MCP server at the same time.  This is noted in the ReadMe.

And you can launch as many bots are you want as long as each bncs name you're using is different.  But the current version of RoD has no delay when connecting so you will get ipbanned for connecting to fast if you try to connect like 6+ at once.   So what people have done to circumvent that is just launch multiple exe's with like 4-5 bots running on each exe.

Also on a sidenote, its easy to get banned for namebotting.

So you can launch 2 exes at the same time and just add different accts name lists? hm ill try it

also would it be better to target four bots at the same list such as in your screenshot above or better to split the list up among four bots.

EX: 100 name list with 4 bots targeted at it OR 4x 25 name list with 4 bots targeted at different shorter list.

~~i've read all posts in here just trying to get a better understanding for it all

Myst

Well each bot takes a list and goes through each line one by one starting from the top and looping back to the top when finished.
So you do the math.
Also read the readme's and any other docs in your folder, may give you more insight on the bot.

Korrupt

Quote from: Myst on December 19, 2011, 01:25:44 PM
Well each bot takes a list and goes through each line one by one starting from the top and looping back to the top when finished.
So you do the math.
Also read the readme's and any other docs in your folder, may give you more insight on the bot.

yeah i read them..

but if you have 4 bots reading the same list in order from top to bottom and back up. wouldnt that mean at the same time all 4 bots are trying to create the same name which would lower your chances of getting names elsewhere on the list..

above you suggested that the same list on all bots is more effective. but somehow i cant comprehend how that would be better than 4 bots targeted at their own smaller list....by breaking up the bigger list

Myst

Well than create separate accountlists with staggered names.

List1

• Name1
  • Name2
  • Name3

List2

• Name3
  • Name1
  • Name2

List3

• Name2
  • Name3
  • Name1

Korrupt

Quote from: Myst on December 19, 2011, 04:13:37 PM
Well than create separate accountlists with staggered names.

List1

• Name1
  • Name2
  • Name3

List2

• Name3
  • Name1
  • Name2

List3

• Name2
  • Name3
  • Name1

Ohhhh clever...I'll give that a try.

Thanks for bearing with me, I think I understand everything now.