Upcoming Project: Starcraft Guardian

Started by Myst, June 26, 2009, 03:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

Starcraft Guardian by Brew

A Starcraft BanList.  Ban players that you know and hate or any hackers that you have identified over the years.  This program will ban based off a database of usernames and IP`s.

Any suggestions please let us know!

brew

It's not my project, it's darkblizz's project.
should be "Starcraft Guardian by DarkBlizz bot development team"
Instead of having it ban based on ip alone, i'll add an option to ban based on hostname. Real easy to do and could incrase detection rates for known hackers with a dynamic ip.
Also, I suggest making a global database of hack users (which you could ignore with another option and use your own list if you'd really want to) hosted by DarkBlizz. Before a hack user could be added to the global blacklist, however, a replay proving 3rd party program abuse must be submitted and will be analyzed by dedicated DarkBlizz employees to minimize abuse potential.

Myst

Sounds smart, I'll tinker with some ideas.
Also on another note, some people were complaining that other IP Blacklist programs they used for SC before, had gotten them banned.  So we're gonna have to look into how to prevent warden from affecting any user.

ReVoke

Brew, about the global database....That would be nice although will only the actual DB staff or w.e. be able to add players to the list or would like any banlist program auto update that list, because i was thinking if it would do it from any users program onto a Darkblizz FTP or well any FTP that could be a security risk because i think it could be quite easy to make a program that would tell whoever is messing with the banlist the FTP/password that the program is connecting too....but just a thought
TXlzdCBpcyBteSBiaXRjaA==

^^ Base64, Decode it =) ^^

brew

Quote from: Myst on June 28, 2009, 01:56:41 PMAlso on another note, some people were complaining that other IP Blacklist programs they used for SC before, had gotten them banned.  So we're gonna have to look into how to prevent warden from affecting any user.
There is no reason for warden to detect this as a hack. It's impossible.

Quote from: ReVoke on June 28, 2009, 03:07:16 PM
Brew, about the global database....That would be nice although will only the actual DB staff or w.e. be able to add players to the list or would like any banlist program auto update that list, because i was thinking if it would do it from any users program onto a Darkblizz FTP or well any FTP that could be a security risk because i think it could be quite easy to make a program that would tell whoever is messing with the banlist the FTP/password that the program is connecting too....but just a thought

what?..

ReVoke

-.-.... i mean how would you be doing the global banlist?
TXlzdCBpcyBteSBiaXRjaA==

^^ Base64, Decode it =) ^^

Dark_mage-

If you're going to do a global database, I'd suggest going IP or hostname (as brew was mentioning) and not by usernames. Spoofing could be an annoyance.
jbls.bhfiles.com (100% Uptime; Supports all clients.)

brew