Joneagle_X 2009 BlizzCon StarCraft 2 Gameplay Review

Started by Myst, November 20, 2009, 01:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

Joneagle_X 2009 BlizzCon StarCraft 2 Gameplay Review
25 August 2009, 12:00 pm

So this BlizzCon 2009 marks 52 hours of play time for me on StarCraft 2. That's hardly two weeks worth of time if you had it in front of you but has taken me almost two years to accrue. Let that be a disclaimer to anyone who takes my opinions on the game's development as reality; I could be wrong. Nonetheless, I do think I have a pretty good understanding of the game's workings. Probably up there with some of the pro players seen in the exhibition matches (maybe more considering the fact that they keep getting roto-rooted by abilities they weren't expecting).  But I'm not going to baby an audience that I know already loves the game and wants to know more about the improvements and changes that have been made to a game they've been waiting for since the fourth grade. If you want a trimmed-down and n00bed up version please read my review at WarCry.com which should be up in a couple days. In any case we've had the most success with a report card style review of the previous builds so we'll continue the tradition!  Let's get something straight. I'm extremely impressed with the way the three races have diverged into even more distinct styles of play. The Zerg have traveled even further down the "mass or die" road while the Protoss are even more entrenched in a technological advantage. Of the course the Terrans as a hybrid of this strategy have gotten some improvements as well that I think has brought them out of that "glass cannon" bubble in which they were regarded in the original StarCraft.    Let's move on to the changes and critiques...Click below to read the full review! Discuss this article in the Forum!

Source: StarCraft 2 Forums News