Revised: Build a StarCraft 2 PC for $600

Started by Myst, November 20, 2009, 01:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

Revised: Build a StarCraft 2 PC for $600
1 September 2009, 1:58 am

We\'ve revisited and updated PC Tutorial: Building a Computer for StarCraft 2! In the last year performance has been boosted on many components and the overall prices have dropped by up to 30%. So it\'s time for a new installment! Make sure to give the full forum post a read and feel free to ask questions!  Also, once you\'ve purchased your PC components, check out our Build Your StarCarft 2 PC tutorial.  Live in Canada? Use this list!   So I know lots of you want better performance for when StarCraft 2 is released. You want the perfect computer to play your favorite game when it\'s released. I receive a lot of PMs about this topic asking me to help people pick out their computer or where to find deals. So I decided that in this tutorial I will show you where and how to buy a PC that will play StarCraft 2 on the highest settings without lag. Well, here we go!  The first thing to establish here is that Laptops are much more expensive than PCs for gaming purposes. Video cards are just not designed to work in an enclosed space that you encounter in laptops.   If you\'re a laptop user, I feel you, but this tutorial won\'t do much for you because getting a laptop that will run SC2 is going to break the bank.  Let\'s get started building our computer:  When you do buy your computer (if you buy it through Newegg.com, please click the following link!)    What do I need? These are all the components you will need to make a pretty darn good desktop machine. They\'ll get you rolling! Agreed, these aren\'t top of the line pieces of equipment, but they will get you the most bang for your buck. Stay with these brands and these specifications and you can\'t go wrong! Do not settle for less than these recommended specs!  Discuss this Article in the Forums!

Source: StarCraft 2 Forums News