Updates

Started by btcs31, February 19, 2010, 04:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btcs31

Can we make this forum the go to place for definitive updates? The IRC channel is nice to follow, but important updates can get lost in all the other posts. If someone from the dev channel could create a stickied post with updates and links it would be much simpler.

Just trying to get these boards started here... ::)

EDIT:
Here's the link to the twitter page with updates:
http://twitter.com/Eternal70200

Considering all the problems this site has with the huge amount of traffic its getting, twitter is a much better place to go than having to check a forum post for updates.

RaTcHeT302

I think is a good idea, i also can't connect onto "TPB" wich kind of sucks...

"Do it nao!"  ;)

Mohed

I dont think that there has been so much buzz or effort or prestige in hacking a beta in history. It feels like the hole world is w8ing. Gotta love the tingling feeling in your stomach. Even bigger then hacking a new OS it feels like. Go guys we are all cheering for you.

RaTcHeT302

The post does have 999 views lol.  :D

Garn

Man... you guys are great. Like.. Robin Hoods :) stealing from the mighty and corrupt to redistribute to the poor and needy, thanks a lot.

I have been foolish enough to try some cracks from youtube video's so far no luck. Only the replay crack.

To be honest, I think Blizz is just testing there new B.net and as soon as it get's cracked they'll patch it up or something, but funny to know that they actually deared you to crack them by these false fonts, it's almost like a battle between 2 sides :).
Anyways, hope you strike gold soon.. keep me updated

ikawka

Quote from: Garn on February 19, 2010, 06:39:15 PM
Man... you guys are great. Like.. Robin Hoods :) stealing from the mighty and corrupt to redistribute to the poor and needy, thanks a lot.

I have been foolish enough to try some cracks from youtube video's so far no luck. Only the replay crack.

To be honest, I think Blizz is just testing there new B.net and as soon as it get's cracked they'll patch it up or something, but funny to know that they actually deared you to crack them by these false fonts, it's almost like a battle between 2 sides :) .
Anyways, hope you strike gold soon.. keep me updated

Every part of the game is already on your computer the moment you installed it. It is just a matter of time now before we can play the game, these guys here did a very good progress so far. ^_^ rock on darkblizz!!!

Myst

thanks goes to everyone actually contributing to the wiki.

ReVoke

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 19, 2010, 05:52:43 PMI think is a good idea, i also can't connect onto "TPB" wich kind of sucks...

"Do it nao!"  ;)

just so you know last i checked TPB doesn't support IPv6(Or at least when i used ipv6), so maybe thats your problem?
TXlzdCBpcyBteSBiaXRjaA==

^^ Base64, Decode it =) ^^

BeardFist

you would think, or at least I do, that the only thing required to crack the create a game function would be to change the fact that the program accesses some list on b.net to get maps and just get the maps from a server and then make the actual connection part work over lan or private servers or such.

WarAnakin

Better Login Screen:

Download Here

Instructions:
Go to you "Starcraft II Beta\Battle.net" folder
You can delete the SWF folder including the files, if you don't have any folder it's alright.
Replace the "Battle.net.gfx" with the one from the archive or just copy it if you didn't had it before.
Enjoy!
=)

Yuka2

Quote from: WarAnakin on February 19, 2010, 09:30:29 PM
Better Login Screen:

Download Here

Instructions:
Go to you "Starcraft II Beta\Battle.net" folder
You can delete the SWF folder including the files, if you don't have any folder it's alright.
Replace the "Battle.net.gfx" with the one from the archive or just copy it if you didn't had it before.
Enjoy!
=)

Yes that adds the play as guest button but nothing happens when I push it, the interface just disappears.

diehardfan

Does the installer work on a Mac?

Thanks!

Pakaran

Quote from: Yuka2 on February 19, 2010, 09:57:02 PM
Yes that adds the play as guest button but nothing happens when I push it, the interface just disappears.

I had that problem too. You need add Battle.net\SWF\MainUI.gfx back to Battle.net.MPQ, since you probably removed it earlier.

btcs31

Quote from: BeardFist on February 19, 2010, 09:05:35 PM
you would think, or at least I do, that the only thing required to crack the create a game function would be to change the fact that the program accesses some list on b.net to get maps and just get the maps from a server and then make the actual connection part work over lan or private servers or such.

That essentially is the only obstacle to playing solo. However the solution to that problem requires somehow replicating a b.net connection and sending a list for loading maps. That in itself creates many more challenges. I would assume then that since a portion of the connection to bnet has to be emulated that the dev's will be exploring how to create a full  blown server for multiplayer games as well. We'll see though.

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: ReVoke on February 19, 2010, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 19, 2010, 05:52:43 PMI think is a good idea, i also can't connect onto "TPB" wich kind of sucks...

"Do it nao!"  ;)

just so you know last i checked TPB doesn't support IPv6(Or at least when i used ipv6), so maybe thats your problem?

Don't worry i got it, i just entered my nickname and left the password blank.