Starcraft 2 Guide - Bypassing, maps, replays, cache, AI

Started by RaTcHeT302, February 19, 2010, 05:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fffan_99

Quote from: Twe3k on February 20, 2010, 02:36:49 PM
Quote from: dyxj on February 20, 2010, 12:05:51 PM
Erm so far we can only watch replays right? We cant play a custom game etc etc, am i right?
That's Correct!

Word on the street though is that 2weak is getting pretty close to launching a private server.

I'm just happy he didn't steal my name ;)

wow, really? thank you very much for all your work... im pretty sure there are so many people that wanna play the beta before to buy the origina copy when it will be available.

just a question : is there any thread/forum about this "private" server developing?

thank you again!

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: fffan_99 on February 20, 2010, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: Twe3k on February 20, 2010, 02:36:49 PM
Quote from: dyxj on February 20, 2010, 12:05:51 PM
Erm so far we can only watch replays right? We cant play a custom game etc etc, am i right?
That's Correct!

Word on the street though is that 2weak is getting pretty close to launching a private server.

I'm just happy he didn't steal my name ;)

wow, really? thank you very much for all your work... im pretty sure there are so many people that wanna play the beta before to buy the origina copy when it will be available.

just a question : is there any thread/forum about this "private" server developing?

thank you again!

Try search around a bit, this isn't the only section. But i think there aren't.

Kosh

Not sure where you're getting that 2weak thinks they are close to a private server... according to the thread on TPB and the dev chat here (fffan_99, that link is for you) they are still working on making the AI playable and that the private servers are still a ways off.

MiCrOMaN1

I was wondering, the maps files that are included in the download (Kulas Ravine, Steppes of War..etc) are they playable maps, or are they just needed for the replays? Because I used MPQ extractor to extract the maps files, and I think I'm getting somewhere with that  :o
Our Greatest Resource is Our Mind ~ Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Check this: http://img123.exs.cx/img123/4497/gif1.gif

MiCrOMaN1

Quote from: Goliath on February 20, 2010, 11:02:22 AM
Quote from: Gurluas on February 20, 2010, 09:08:07 AM
Can someone post the cache and maps in a direct link?
Torrents dont work well for me.

Here u go http://www.mediafire.com/?jdttwmyzykt

It contains all I have ... updated cache folder, 319 replays, and the updated offline mode + instructions.

Thanks for those 300+ replays man!  :) :)

sergeles

Quote from: c1neK on February 20, 2010, 11:42:56 AM
hay all ive got huge prob with sc2 watching reps

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1381/noappl.png

as u can see on the screen 1st 3 files shows that sc2 is installed on pc but later theres no C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net or anything else
someone knows wth is going on ? its polish xp btw

Windows 7 is weird with this. Mine did the same thing, and it wasn't hidden folders. The easiest way to find the appdata folder in all Windows operating systems is to go to either start-> run, or search... and type in %appdata%
This should bring you to your appdata/roaming folder, and then you can backtrack one to access appdata/local.
I hope this helps.

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: MiCrOMaN1 on February 20, 2010, 03:48:44 PM
I was wondering, the maps files that are included in the download (Kulas Ravine, Steppes of War..etc) are they playable maps, or are they just needed for the replays? Because I used MPQ extractor to extract the maps files, and I think I'm getting somewhere with that  :o

They are the maps MAPS.

MiCrOMaN1

They are? How come we can't play them then? Or is there something wit my comp?

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: MiCrOMaN1 on February 20, 2010, 04:29:13 PM
They are? How come we can't play them then? Or is there something wit my comp?

We need singleplayer to be enambled or multy. Your computer is ok.
For now the maps are useles for viewing the videos.

knitman

Quote from: sergeles on February 20, 2010, 04:04:39 PM

as u can see on the screen 1st 3 files shows that sc2 is installed on pc but later theres no C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net or anything else

Windows 7 is weird with this. Mine did the same thing, and it wasn't hidden folders. The easiest way to find the appdata folder in all Windows operating systems is to go to either start-> run, or search... and type in %appdata%
This should bring you to your appdata/roaming folder, and then you can backtrack one to access appdata/local.
I hope this helps.

Hey, I'm on XP as well. Actually the reason you won't find it is because on XP it's

C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

Notice that local settings and application data are in reverse order.

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: knitman on February 22, 2010, 07:24:21 AM
Quote from: sergeles on February 20, 2010, 04:04:39 PM

I hope this helps.

Hey, I'm on XP as well. Actually the reason you won't find it is because on XP it's

C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

Notice that local settings and application data are in reverse order.

Updated

lipebra

Hi.... i have tried everything to wacth the replays...... i can bipass the login...... and see the replays but i always get the TEMP error.

I have downloaded at least 5 cache files from differents server, but i cant make it work........

I have win XP in portuguese, because i am from brasil......... and dont have the C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net

i made it, but i still get the error, i put the cache in 8 different places...... but none of them work..... if someone has a XP in a different language, please tell me if the folder are in your language.... or in english...anything will help

Thanks in advance......will be very nice too at least see the replays.....

apriores

...\USER_NAME\... = your username
Try to manually locate Cache target location with corresponding portuguese words and, before that, you'll need to change settings for hidden and system folders:
1. In My Computer choose Tools -> Folder Options
2. Select View tab
3. On Hidden files and folders chose Show hidden files and folders
4. Uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
5. OK