Emulate Battle.net

Started by MADCATX, February 22, 2010, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aChnorr

QuoteNow I'm no brainiac at this stuff, & what I'm saying may becompletely wrong... But what if the file you are tinkering with isn'tthe correct file? I played WOTLK before it was released, on a privateserver it was way to easy. I think they may try to make this oneharder. Now you say that it keeps connecting to there server even afteryou put yours in. What if they hid the actual file somewhere else thatconnects to the server and the one that you guys are messing with isjust a decoy? Again I may be completely off but just trying to help outanyway possible!! Hope all is going well!!
we do not "tinkering" with any files, but just trying to understand the language of 'em 8)
QuoteBad server means the you use US client, but send EU auth data, I'm currently downloading EU client to test it...
are you sure ?? I just replicating the data that the real server sends which mean that i would get a "bad server" respond even when i connect to real-bnet, and thats not the case.

omeenesss

so how close are u guys from nailing it? hope i can be of some assistance but im afraid programing is not my cup of tea sorry... i just wanna play this thing and practice til the final retail comes out... chow guys gudluck on ur mission! godspeed

newbiz

Apparently, Battlenet is going to be down for 10 minutes, and there will be a client patch:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23240933862&sid=5010

Hope the protocol won't be updated :/

imsorrisuck

Ok understand it then. But what if your trying to understand the wrong file? I know a little about getting into networks & watching them. One of the main things that a lot of people do is put out decoys. Aka fake files while the real ones are sitting behind or berried into the files. Just make sure your looking at the wrong one. You guys are doing an amazing job! Just wanna help as much as possible!!

unsobill

If WE are to help, I suggest we start either to look for someone with a US beta and legit key, or perhaps setup paypal account for MADCATX to buy key off e-bay for him, and donate dollar each. We need to address current issue with authentication traffic everywhere and massively propagate request for help from beta testers - MADCATX what is your second e-mail ? here is little memo we can advertise around to bring more help in project...

MEMO
  -TO ALL WHO MAY BE CONCERNED TO BE INVOLVED IN SCII BETA SERVER PROJECT- 
PLEASE CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD TO YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU CONCERN WITH YOUR BATTLENET BETA ACCOUNT - YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT BE REVEALED - YOU ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE BANNED - YOUR PASSWORD WILL NOT BE USED - WE LOOKING FOR PACKET PATTERN EXCHANGE IN ORDER TO LOAD MAP+AI - YOUR PACKET INFORMATION WILL ONLY BE USED BY SINGLE GENIUS DEVELOPER AND NEEDED IN ORDERD TO CREATE FREE VERSION OF STARCRAFT 2 SERVER. NOW IF YOU READY AND WILLING TO HELP - please proceed with..

Here is how we can help - IF you beta tester with legit key -
run traffic capture (manual is here http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/index.php?topic=526.0)
Load map or multiple maps and select only AI as opponent - keep traffic capture running in the background.

Try loading more maps to see if there's traffic change or pattern.
Once done - please save capture and submit to following MADCATX e-mail - "". 8)

Roddly

I'm all for buying the devs a key.

joon

lets all donate a buck and get this man a key!

unsobill

MADCATX - what do you think? we need you e-mail then if yes, to send donations - just needs to be slightly careful with this too - as long as bad guys don't donate bad money - that happens many times i know before, but in any case it was always bad guys fault...  I would donate 5 buks if you legit and REALLY need key to get either crack or virtual server going ! I TRUST YOU MAN!  8)

MADCATX

Quote from: unsobill on February 25, 2010, 09:00:03 PM
MADCATX - what do you think? we need you e-mail then if yes, to send donations - just needs to be slightly careful with this too - as long as bad guys don't donate bad money - that happens many times i know before, but in any case it was always bad guys fault...  I would donate 5 buks if you legit and REALLY need key to get either crack or virtual server going ! I TRUST YOU MAN!  8)
I don't think that you guys need to donate to get me a key. Money carries great responsibility, and I don't want to be responsible for something :). Packets dumps will be enough.

MADCATX

Quote from: aChnorr on February 25, 2010, 05:19:13 PM
are you sure ?? I just replicating the data that the real server sends which mean that i would get a "bad server" respond even when i connect to real-bnet, and thats not the case.
I downloaded EU client, it seems that this is the case only for EU server(which sends additional 554 bytes). If you try to redirect to your server via hosts file then it says "Bad server". Probably this 554 bytes contains server IP. Try changing your IP to 213.248.127.131(enGB.logon.battle.net). It works for me, still can't authenticate...

Gigalisk

Its funny...people with keys dont want to see the game get developed...funny how that works...

aimaimaim

Quote from: Gigalisk on February 26, 2010, 04:55:10 AM
Its funny...people with keys dont want to see the game get developed...funny how that works...

people, by nature, are greedy ..

devs here are not ordinary people :D

epsiSlow

Quote from: Gigalisk on February 26, 2010, 04:55:10 AM

ofc they dont .. what will happend when their precious keys wont be abled to be selld on any market because some1 deliverd a crack that every1 can use?

= stock market looser

_________
epsi-slow

MADCATX

It seems that auth packet response differs from time to time, based on what is sent by client. The good thing is that WoW also uses battle.net protocol and there is already emulator written. If someone want to help, please check their authentication code: http://www.arcemu.info/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_the_source_code .

kewickviper

Silly question I know, but it sounds like you haven't figured out the packet encryption yet. You would naturally get different packet data each time before it has been decrypted. I don't know if blizzard has encryption, but it would be immensely stupid for them not to encrypt their packets. When I was working on a private server for ROSE a few years back the very first thing we had to do was crack the packet encryption. Soon as that was done we  wrote a tool that took encrypted packets as input and spat out the actual packets before we did any kind of packet mining. Also included in this tool was a function to blank out any sensitive data such as username/password, names of friends etc... This meant that we had tens if not hundreds of people submitting packets with total anonymity and already pre-encrypted so that we could analyze them.

Also this encryption obviously had to be built into our finished server, with every packet being run through an encrypt_packet() function before being sent and its inverse before being processed.