Emulate Battle.net

Started by MADCATX, February 22, 2010, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennYblu3

Someone still work on this projekt?

r3ddrag0nx

grabbed from another forum which u guys probably already realize but still:

"<blockquote>Murdock1337 wrote:You are extremely ignorant of how programming, especially network programming, works if you think it's as simple as making a "bnetd 2.0" or something along those lines. Previous solutions to battle.net relied on the fact that the network tech used back then was nowhere near as advanced as now. Also SC1 had LAN code working out of the box, it was a feature fully supported. SC2 has NO LAN code, so the developers of any sort of multiplayer are going to have to emulate battle.net 2.0, which is no small task. It's encrypted and is COMPLETELY different structurally than the original battle.net, and in fact more closely resembles WoW private servers.

I would be extremely surprised if there are private servers running up that are decent/stable by the time the beta ends. Don't get your hopes up kids.</blockquote>
i think you're not aware of the fact that sc2 games are still p2p and not hosted by bnet servers. that means that all you have to emulate is:
- login
- game creation
- joining games (listing games)
- map validation

and you're done ( as far as i know )"

stormbreaker

Quote from: r3ddrag0nx on March 03, 2010, 09:55:18 AM
grabbed from another forum which u guys probably already realize but still:

"<blockquote>Murdock1337 wrote:You are extremely ignorant of how programming, especially network programming, works if you think it's as simple as making a "bnetd 2.0" or something along those lines. Previous solutions to battle.net relied on the fact that the network tech used back then was nowhere near as advanced as now. Also SC1 had LAN code working out of the box, it was a feature fully supported. SC2 has NO LAN code, so the developers of any sort of multiplayer are going to have to emulate battle.net 2.0, which is no small task. It's encrypted and is COMPLETELY different structurally than the original battle.net, and in fact more closely resembles WoW private servers.

I would be extremely surprised if there are private servers running up that are decent/stable by the time the beta ends. Don't get your hopes up kids.</blockquote>
i think you're not aware of the fact that sc2 games are still p2p and not hosted by bnet servers. that means that all you have to emulate is:
- login
- game creation
- joining games (listing games)
- map validation

and you're done ( as far as i know )"

This is true but the hard part is finding out the packets' structure without being able to actually login to the official server.

I ask again if someone with a beta key has a packet dump please share it.

r3ddrag0nx

I would be up for distributing my beta key when I do get it, but preferably for some amount of money. But seriously, if anyone happens to get a key, do try and talk to LazyTown or any of the various teams as they'll need some to experiment with.

itsarabbit

Quote from: r3ddrag0nx on March 03, 2010, 11:25:13 AM
I would be up for distributing my beta key when I do get it, but preferably for some amount of money. But seriously, if anyone happens to get a key, do try and talk to LazyTown or any of the various teams as they'll need some to experiment with.
You shouldn't tell others what to do just because you don't want to. It's ignorant and selfish. Although I do know that you want to be able to play with the beta key, its better to just shut up about it.
Want Beta key! :D

Fedoranimus

Quote from: KennYblu3 on March 03, 2010, 08:40:52 AM
Someone still work on this projekt?

Yes, there is still being work done on this, but it's at somewhat of a standstill until a packet dump from the beta is released and understood.

r3ddrag0nx

Quote from: itsarabbit on March 03, 2010, 02:14:15 PM
Quote from: r3ddrag0nx on March 03, 2010, 11:25:13 AM
You shouldn't tell others what to do just because you don't want to. It's ignorant and selfish. Although I do know that you want to be able to play with the beta key, its better to just shut up about it.

ur such a clown. that wasn't what i was trying to say. i'm saying whoever gets it first should send one so they get more time to work with it. if i got mine early, i'd do it, just rather get some sort of compensation or lien on my money.

dodongbadong

how long will it still take to emulate the server? im getting bored playing ai  :'(

and worst part cant view replays anymore since the newest patch huhuhu.. even P2Ai cant view it anymore wont log on recent folder  :'(

i just really hope that the rumors about the 2nd wave is true and hope to have a beta key then and definitely going to share it to you guys and prayed emulation successful 
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

ElvishSolution

Quote from: dodongbadong on March 03, 2010, 08:11:48 PM
how long will it still take to emulate the server? im getting bored playing ai  :'(

and worst part cant view replays anymore since the newest patch huhuhu.. even P2Ai cant view it anymore wont log on recent folder  :'(

i just really hope that the rumors about the 2nd wave is true and hope to have a beta key then and definitely going to share it to you guys and prayed emulation successful

Did you even read any of the other posts??
Practice might make perfect, but some are good without it.

iZOTOPE

if you need wow encryption protocol, you can find it in open source wow servers, ascent is a great source if you need that info.

as i remember wow uses srp6 as encryption protocol :)

as for the server programming, use python with twisted python and you'll ready :D

[SOD]SnakeByte

Quote from: Gamewiz on February 23, 2010, 04:54:05 PM
Quote from: MADCATX on February 23, 2010, 03:40:28 PM
The sc2 server I have written in java yesterday, link to the server:

JRE(must install to run) - http://www.java.com/ru/download/manual.jsp, Server(Only Login with responses - badPass/NoSC2) - http://loino.co.cc/upload-files/tmp/SC2BattleNET.jar

I need packets dump or sc2 key in order to furter develop it.

Wow man excellent job! If you created a server does that mean we could theoratically play both AI and multiplayer (multiplayer against only for those who join the fake bnet server)?

If it's your server than how come you still need a key? Sorry, I'm a newb and I'm just trying to understand the progress. :)

May I suggest to collect a donation and buy one key from ebay ? I mean, if everyone donates 1 buck i am sure we can collect enough for 1 key.

Fuksito

I just donated to site darkblizz.com on main page, hope it will help :)
I thing it woud be bettter if admins would make same progress bar for collecting money for beta-key so anyone can see progress and see that he can really help and make donation! ;)

Sztur

Quote from: Fuksito on March 05, 2010, 07:19:39 AM
I just donated to site darkblizz.com on main page, hope it will help :)
I thing it woud be bettter if admins would make same progress bar for collecting money for beta-key so anyone can see progress and see that he can really help and make donation! ;)

Just did the same thing :)

stormbreaker

Anyone figured out where are the SRP6 values in the request packets?

Dystino

With this emulate Bnet, are u able to play with friends over hamachi?