Main Menu

SC2 Beta Patch

Started by Myst, February 25, 2010, 11:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 1 (version 0.3.0.14093)
BALANCE CHANGES

TERRAN
Viking
The armor value for this unit in Fighter Mode has decreased from 1 to 0.
The damage done by this unit in Fighter Mode has changed from 6 (+8 armored) to 10 (+4 armored).
Reaper
The damage done from D-8 Charges has decreased from 40 to 30.
The delay between attacks for D-8 Charges has decreased from 2.5 to 1.8.
Orbital Command
The build time for this upgrade has decreased from 50 to 35.
PROTOSS
Observer
Gravitic Boosters: The cost of this research has decreased from 150 minerals and 150 vespene gas to 100 minerals and 100 vespene gas.
High Templar
Phase Shift: This ability has been removed from the game.
New ability: Feedback - Drains all energy from the target unit and causes damage equal to the amount of energy drained.
Colossus
The building pathing radius for this unit has decreased from .75 to .5625.
Mothership
Vortex: The energy cost of this ability has increased from 75 to 100.
Vortex: The target radius of this ability has decreased from 3.0 to 2.5.
Temporal Rift: This ability has been removed from the game.
Wormhole Transit: This ability has been removed from the game.
New ability: Mass Recall - Teleports all of the player's units in the target area to the Mothership.
Nexus
Chrono Boost can no longer target allies.
Gateway
The build time of this building has increased from 50 to 65.
ZERG
Infestor
Fungal Growth: The damage done by this ability has decreased from 48 to 36.
Fungal Growth: This ability now prevents affected units from burrowing.
Neural Parasite: Functionality changed - The Infestor now channels this spell, which lasts 10 seconds or until the Infestor is destroyed. You can now target all units with this ability.
Terran Infestation: The ability's energy cost has reduced from 50 to 25 and Infested Terrans now spawn 1 at a time.

BUG FIXES

Addressed an issue causing people to receive an "Internal Battle.net Error" message with their game client.
Muting your microphone will no longer cause your microphone to be turned off in the operating system once the program has exited.
Please note that the voice chat functionality has only partially been implemented. There are many known issues with voice chat that we expect to address in a future patch.
The "Medium" graphical settings were reconfigured to work better on appropriate machines. The video settings "auto-detect" functionality has been reset as a result.
Added a frame rate limiter to the game menus to prevent some graphics cards from running at higher frame rates than necessary.

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: Myst on February 25, 2010, 11:11:14 PM

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 1 (version 0.3.0.14093)
BALANCE CHANGES

TERRAN
Viking
The armor value for this unit in Fighter Mode has decreased from 1 to 0.
The damage done by this unit in Fighter Mode has changed from 6 (+8 armored) to 10 (+4 armored).
Reaper
The damage done from D-8 Charges has decreased from 40 to 30.
The delay between attacks for D-8 Charges has decreased from 2.5 to 1.8.
Orbital Command
The build time for this upgrade has decreased from 50 to 35.
PROTOSS
Observer
Gravitic Boosters: The cost of this research has decreased from 150 minerals and 150 vespene gas to 100 minerals and 100 vespene gas.
High Templar
Phase Shift: This ability has been removed from the game.
New ability: Feedback - Drains all energy from the target unit and causes damage equal to the amount of energy drained.
Colossus
The building pathing radius for this unit has decreased from .75 to .5625.
Mothership
Vortex: The energy cost of this ability has increased from 75 to 100.
Vortex: The target radius of this ability has decreased from 3.0 to 2.5.
Temporal Rift: This ability has been removed from the game.
Wormhole Transit: This ability has been removed from the game.
New ability: Mass Recall - Teleports all of the player's units in the target area to the Mothership.
Nexus
Chrono Boost can no longer target allies.
Gateway
The build time of this building has increased from 50 to 65.
ZERG
Infestor
Fungal Growth: The damage done by this ability has decreased from 48 to 36.
Fungal Growth: This ability now prevents affected units from burrowing.
Neural Parasite: Functionality changed - The Infestor now channels this spell, which lasts 10 seconds or until the Infestor is destroyed. You can now target all units with this ability.
Terran Infestation: The ability's energy cost has reduced from 50 to 25 and Infested Terrans now spawn 1 at a time.

BUG FIXES

Addressed an issue causing people to receive an "Internal Battle.net Error" message with their game client.
Muting your microphone will no longer cause your microphone to be turned off in the operating system once the program has exited.
Please note that the voice chat functionality has only partially been implemented. There are many known issues with voice chat that we expect to address in a future patch.
The "Medium" graphical settings were reconfigured to work better on appropriate machines. The video settings "auto-detect" functionality has been reset as a result.
Added a frame rate limiter to the game menus to prevent some graphics cards from running at higher frame rates than necessary.

Can this be a problem?

Yoyoyoonsung

There is a wierd pink square at the right hand corner when you're at the login screen, and the replays can't be played anymore since this a new version of starcraft II, it can only run on the previous version. There is a message when u do click on the replay saying that you could revert to the previous version tempoarily to play the replay. On my com. it crashes after it says that...

ooni

Starcraft 2 Patch Update Behind the Scenes
Episode 1: Blizzard Balancing in a Nutshell

Testing Manager: Sir, Mr Chairman, I just got word from the Beta testers. They are saying that the Reapers are running havoc. They are climbing up and down the cliffs destroying Nexus and Hatcheries in matter of seconds, no units can catch up to them!  D-8 Charges seem to do way too much damage!

Blizzard Chairman: Well then~ let's make them even more powerful. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And Easier to macro!

Testing Manager: But sir!!

Blizzard Chairman: Just nerf the damage and increase the attack speed. Those idiots won't be able to figure out that DPS has increased from 16 to 16.67. Not to mention if their attacks are upgraded the damage is scaled significantly (Evil grin).

Testing Manager:...

Blizzard Chairman: MUHAHAHAHA. I'll ruin Starcraft the same way I ruined WoW!

:D I hope you enjoyed that~
Great Update~ :S

WildFire

Quote from: ooni on February 26, 2010, 01:28:35 AM
Starcraft 2 Patch Update Behind the Scenes
Episode 1: Blizzard Balancing in a Nutshell

Testing Manager: Sir, Mr Chairman, I just got word from the Beta testers. They are saying that the Reapers are running havoc. They are climbing up and down the cliffs destroying Nexus and Hatcheries in matter of seconds, no units can catch up to them!  D-8 Charges seem to do way too much damage!

Blizzard Chairman: Well then~ let's make them even more powerful. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! And Easier to macro!

Testing Manager: But sir!!

Blizzard Chairman: Just nerf the damage and increase the attack speed. Those idiots won't be able to figure out that DPS has increased from 16 to 16.67. Not to mention if their attacks are upgraded the damage is scaled significantly (Evil grin).

Testing Manager:...

Blizzard Chairman: MUHAHAHAHA. I'll ruin Starcraft the same way I ruined WoW!

:D I hope you enjoyed that~
Great Update~ :S

Noooooooooooo.......

Lonely guy: Mr chairman pleaszor beta key?!?

Mr chairman: no beta keys for you unless you give me 300$$$$

Lonely Guy: Noooooooo.... is it because I am a minority?!?

Mr Chairman: all your beta keys shall belong to us!!! (evil laugh)

Lonely Guy: Nooooooooooo....

Zaggamx

RaTcHeT302

Zaggamx

where can u download this patch?

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: Zaggamx on February 26, 2010, 10:47:17 AM
Just open the Starcraft 2 installer and it will automaticaly download.

madrussian190

to update, or not to update... this is the question

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: madrussian190 on February 26, 2010, 11:10:25 AM
to update, or not to update... this is the question
1. "To update" You can open SC2 and watch replays etc.
2. "To not update" You can just stare at the SC2 icon.

LebK

Quote from: Zaggamx on February 26, 2010, 10:47:17 AM

Actually I was having a problem when I tried to update the normal way. Got some kind of tracking error... Anyways here is a download link for anyone who can't install the update the normal way.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23425763915&sid=5000

To install the update this way just make sure you unzip the folder called Updates to your Starcraft 2 directory. Then run SC.exe and make sure you are connected to the internet. It will then apply the patch as if you have downloaded the files through their server.