our prayers camed to an end... Almost

Started by Blackcode, February 26, 2010, 08:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamewiz

Quote from: Giz on February 26, 2010, 12:16:18 PM
I think the reason for delay is that they want to add more stuff to the crack ( like get rid of the vitory screen for example ) and maybe even add VS AI, dunno...

but really id just like it as it is - just want to try out building for nothing :)

I don't think so. I think that would take a few days more time at least. The reason it's taking a few hours is because they are probably compiling the files needed for the hack, creating a little instruction manual for installation, uploading it to multiple sites, creating mirror sites (as I'm sure Blizzard is going to try and shut them down), etc. They got it working and announced it, now they are working on compiling it together to send it out.

Giz

Quote from: Blackcode on February 26, 2010, 12:17:40 PM
The reason of the delay is the wrapup of all the code in a simple autoinstall package...

ooh ok :)

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: Gamewiz on February 26, 2010, 12:19:01 PM
I think the reason for delay is that they want to add more stuff to the crack ( like get rid of the vitory screen for example ) and maybe even add VS AI, dunno...

but really id just like it as it is - just want to try out building for nothing :)

I don't think so. I think that would take a few days more time at least. The reason it's taking a few hours is because they are probably compiling the files needed for the hack, creating a little instruction manual for installation, uploading it to multiple sites, creating mirror sites (as I'm sure Blizzard is going to try and shut them down), etc. They got it working and announced it, now they are working on compiling it together to send it out.
Shut down them? i don't possibly see how they could.

Gamewiz

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 26, 2010, 12:20:42 PM

Anti-hackers. I'm sure blizzard has them prowling the internet. ;)

Blackcode

They aren't shutdown... the Apache server crashed due to high traffic.....
they will be online soon...
anyway do not worry you will have your download link on the top of this post as soon as it is out........

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: Gamewiz on February 26, 2010, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 26, 2010, 12:20:42 PM

Anti-hackers. I'm sure blizzard has them prowling the internet. ;)
Then Blizzard is evil. To the bat mobile! wa-wai--wait what?

Venom

I may be way off on this one, but it may be something Blizzard has done on purpose to "stop" all this massive assault on the beta that may have long term consequences going into full release. It's as if they wanted this "test game" to be found so that it all calms down for a while...I think anyway some connection with the crack popping up right after the update (and claiming thanks for v14093) has gotta go beyond the obvious.

No disrespect for the developers, of course, we wouldn't be here talking about this without their work. Fantastic effort either way ! :thumbsup: we love you guys :) .

Gamewiz

Quote from: Venom on February 26, 2010, 12:28:05 PM
I may be way off on this one, but it may be something Blizzard has done on purpose to "stop" all this massive assault on the beta that may have long term consequences going into full release. It's as if they wanted this "test game" to be found so that it all calms down for a while...I think anyway some connection with the crack popping up right after the update (and claiming thanks for v14093) has gotta go beyond the obvious.

No disrespect for the developers, of course, we wouldn't be here talking about this without their work. Fantastic effort either way ! :thumbsup: we love you guys :) .

It's certainly possible. Create a "backdoor" to get the game at least up and running, so people without keys can tinker with the game, while giving their forums a breather for once. It's a good way to calm the masses during beta. It does seem rather ironic that the day the patch comes out there is now a hack for the game because of it.

Gamewiz

Quote from: Blackcode on February 26, 2010, 12:23:28 PM
They aren't shutdown... the Apache server crashed due to high traffic.....
they will be online soon...
anyway do not worry you will have your download link on the top of this post as soon as it is out........

Thanks Blackcode for keeping us up-to-date!

Espionage724

If the apache server crashed, most servers have it setup to automatically reboot though?

Also, this is the greatest news I've heard all day :p

Gamewiz

Quote from: espionage724 on February 26, 2010, 12:40:03 PM
If the apache server crashed, most servers have it setup to automatically reboot though?

Also, this is the greatest news I've heard all day :p

Not if it's constantly being spammed with the F5 key... Which I guarentee it is.

greymanic

This feels vaguely familiar. Before warcraft 3 release I know there was a leak and crack.  I seem to remember it only allowed building and so on with no AI or networking.  Anyone remember?

ups

Ok ... lets say this guys will make the crack but dont forget about the guys that are working to emulate the bnet server. The TRUE CRACK is the one who lets us play PVP.

Blackcode

Quote from: ups on February 26, 2010, 12:43:19 PM
Ok ... lets say this guys will make the crack but dont forget about the guys that are working to emulate the bnet server. The TRUE CRACK is the one who lets us play PVP.

The working team is named as "Team Lazytown"

Team members as follows: Keb, Kynox, Ralek, Reaver, Rick, Sagu and Smurfette.

The team LazyTown is proud to release a single-player Sandbox Soon. Crack will not include AI. LazyTown is currently focusing on server emulation.

kewickviper

Quote from: ups on February 26, 2010, 12:43:19 PM
I think its quite likely this hack will lead to AI and LAN play. It depends on what kind of hack this is. If you are able to bypass battle.net and play on your own then you can do it against the computer and other people. Unless this is like an MMO where everything is server side then its likely we won't require a private server.