Word is, "d0c" got AI working.

Started by Mangala, February 27, 2010, 03:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madrussian190

any1 have the link for all of the SC2 maps ?

i cant find it anywhere :(

yuniel

Hey all !

1°) Is it normal to have huge lines of codes written in white covering half the screen whenever encountering an enemy AI ?

2°) I have installed the "Hard AI mod" but nothing changes besides the AI having more buildings, still 2-4 units only... Can anyone enlighten me ?

Answers appreciated :)

starcrafter64

It seems like the Hardmode UI doesnt change the difficulty, and does write code on the screen when the AI changes anything. Use the default AI for now.

yuniel

Default AI also writes code all over the screen.

useruseryey

I got all the code too, real messed up, luckily it's damn easy so you can win anyway  ;D

But it's very annoying. And with the hard, I got some roaches (like 10) and 2-3 hydras try to attack, but they fall back quite fast when meeting resistance, and the code on screen spams "retreat>gather offense" and shit like that  :D

2g4u

GJ, no matter that the default A.I. lacks all kinds of intelligence its very good job finding how to enable the A.I.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" Albert Einstein

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: yuniel on February 27, 2010, 04:43:39 PM
Hey all !

1°) Is it normal to have huge lines of codes written in white covering half the screen whenever encountering an enemy AI ?

2°) I have installed the "Hard AI mod" but nothing changes besides the AI having more buildings, still 2-4 units only... Can anyone enlighten me ?

Answers appreciated :)
1. I think is not normal, also happens to me.
2. I don't know, maybe they were wrong?

Mike

I have the map working but every time i restart i always get zerg as the race i have to play :(

staghzout

Quote from: Mike on February 27, 2010, 05:01:16 PM
I have the map working but every time i restart i always get zerg as the race i have to play :(

You must be slightly unlucky that's all... try leaving and going back... sometimes i get like Protoss 3 times in a row before I get another race.

lecrycry

nobody has succeeded to work the hard AI ?

yuniel

In any cases, even if it's not that functional yet, GJ unlocking the AI ! Thanks, nice job !

Mangala

NO. No one has gotten the hard AI to work so stop asking.  And don't use that hard AI mod, it doesn't look like it works at all.

Fact is, the hard AI files are probably not in the beta at all. Just use the regular map I first linked to.

I think we'll just have to suffer through some fun custom games until either Blizzard releases a patch for hard AI or we mirror the Bnet servers for multiplayer (which is prolly impossible).

Anyway, I think custom games can be fun. We can put units anywhere on the map.

Nydus666

This map is working fine, the AI is very easy though but it is still working.
It's only a matter of time for the devs to create a map with a harder AI.

GOOD FUCKING JOB DUDES !!!  8) 8) 8)
/cheer
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here ..."