New very strong AI based on StarCrack 6.1 only for Protoss

Started by amo, March 07, 2010, 09:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amo

No, its not cheating version, its regular standart 6.1 version

BTW: does anybody know how to save and watch replays? It could help me make this AI better

Maximus

QuoteNo, its not cheating version, its regular standart 6.1 version

BTW: does anybody know how to save and watch replays? It could help me make this AI better

Since i havent been tested the official starcrack 6.1 standard ai yet, i did with yours at first, and i have to say i found it quite easy, i mean im not a pro player, i dont even spent a lot of time playing SCII therefore thats my opinion.

Here you got the replay of the game (i only tested it once):
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzzygl4hkym

Regarding save replays...you just have to address /Documents/StarCraft II Beta/Replays/Recent and then you got it sorted by date.
Regards from Spain... ;D

amo

Sorry, i have problems with viewing replays, it writes me "unable to open map"

Did you play vs Protoss? which units you have used, how long did you play?

Maximus

QuoteSorry, i have problems with viewing replays, it writes me "unable to open map"

Make sure you have this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CYDXPBEI

You have to enable the viewing of Hidden files, and copy the folder cache as follow:

If Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

If Vista/Windows7
C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

Any replay goes to: Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Replays\Multiplayer
                                                                             \Recent

Try that and tell me.

Greets

Razredge

I'll be trying out your AI out tomorrow.

BTW, you should give your AI a name... to make it flashier, and easier to recognize in the list of AIs.

amo

Hi, it writes me "unable to open map", could you upload a map with which was game played?

Hello from Czech Republic (for those who dont know where it is, its in the middle of europe, not next to China) (o:

Maximus

Quote from: amo on March 09, 2010, 03:27:13 AM
Hi, it writes me "unable to open map", could you upload a map with which was game played?

Hello from Czech Republic (for those who dont know where it is, its in the middle of europe, not next to China) (o:

The map is scrap station 1vs1 http://sc2.nibbits.com/maps/download/131660/ But its not a question to download the map i guess...
I had the same problem at the very begining of beta release where only replays could be seen, i was putting the cache folder in wrong directory for thar reason its says unable to open...

Edit: try to get this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JI3KLOB4
Inside there is another cache to extract into the mentioned folders which i used at the begining and maybe contains the necesary maps to watch replays... try that and tell me...

Regards

Ucyrin

Quote from: amo on March 09, 2010, 03:27:13 AM

Do exactly what Maximus posted and you can watch the replays. No need to download anything just put the replay cache in the right folder in you Starcraft 2 beta folder.

Quote from: Maximus on March 08, 2010, 04:23:36 PM
QuoteSorry, i have problems with viewing replays, it writes me "unable to open map"

Make sure you have this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CYDXPBEI

You have to enable the viewing of Hidden files, and copy the folder cache as follow:

If Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

If Vista/Windows7
C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache

Any replay goes to: Documents\StarCraft II Beta\Replays\Multiplayer
                                                                             \Recent

Try that and tell me.

Greets

Edit:

feedback of Protoss AI.  Z vs P

- They wait to long 8) for an attack on my base, so i had enough time to build a proper
  attack force.(let them attack more frequently and earlier in the game)

- They were following to easily back to my main base only to get smashed by my units
  and defense.(let them return to base to gather more troops and then counter attack)

Other info :

- My total play time was 25 minz(after 18 minz i had destroyed the main base). My units   
  were mostly hydras with some zerglings and corruptors with overlords ofcourse ;) .

- It's a good AI though, when i was attacking it's main base it was building void rays
  indicating it was now going for air.

- It has a good variation of units which is a good thing.

- It's a good AI for a non-cheating one.

suggestion : Maybe also a cheating version next time  ;D

Looking forward to your next release,

Greetzz

amo

I tried it, but does not works....No matter, no i am working on better AI, which is much stronger

Update: it works, you must delete Base.SC2Data with AI and use original

mysticalmage13

Uhm guys, here's a guide to watch your replays against A.I.

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/not-enough-pylons/how-to-view-your-own-replays-(with-full-instructions-on-how-to-install-the-game)/

I followed the instructions and it worked like a charm.  :) 
Oh yeah, I'll be trying out your A.I. once it's done downloading. My downloads are getting slower by the minute.  >:(   Probably need to replace my service provider.

Pleomax

Instead of watching replays you could watch the AI playing each other. Look on the Tool section for StarLauncher you can set yourself as an observer and put 2 protoss AIs.

cvax

amo,

The AI is better than 6.1 that is for sure, but some issues.

- AI doesn't attack when it should. It misses the pressure timing
- AI doesn't pressure the player at all actually. It just waits to counter and if human just turtles all day it will come slowly to be crushed easily.
- If you destroy an AI's expo it doesn't reexpand.
- If you poke at an AI's expo it doesn't defend it or protect probes.

It also appears that you stripped away all of the different opens for toss. Why?

ItsTheFark

Quote from: cvax on March 14, 2010, 12:10:43 PM
amo,

The AI is better than 6.1 that is for sure, but some issues.

- AI doesn't attack when it should. It misses the pressure timing
- AI doesn't pressure the player at all actually. It just waits to counter and if human just turtles all day it will come slowly to be crushed easily.
- If you destroy an AI's expo it doesn't reexpand.
- If you poke at an AI's expo it doesn't defend it or protect probes.

It also appears that you stripped away all of the different opens for toss. Why?

+1 to this... I was able to amass a fleet of 33 battlecruisers with full upgrades... it didn't attack me once except for the first time.

McNoob

Wow. Pretty sweet ai. Look forward to seeing further inprovements , good job!