AI Difficulty Patch

Started by sYk0, February 27, 2010, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssy080

Quote from: starcrafer64 on February 27, 2010, 06:37:39 PM
I tried hard twice, on Lost temple. 1 protoss AI actually killed the terran AI. I'll play a few more rounds and see if it repeats.

can you post a replay  ??? ? thanks

Oh ya,,, right,,, we can't make replays :( or read them...

Gamewiz

Just tried it on hard. Pretty easy AI, but still better than nothing!

sYk0

I'll look into the AI later in the morning (it's 2am here).

I'm sure that one of the reasons the AI isn't working 100's is because it (the AI) has a specific build queue for each difficulty level, of which on some difficulty levels this information may be missing.

starcrafter64

Quote from: ssy080 on February 27, 2010, 06:43:26 PM

I wish i could  :(

staghzout

Quote from: starcrafer64 on February 27, 2010, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: ssy080 on February 27, 2010, 06:43:26 PM

ok I'm going to try the most annoying thing Ever... i'll Give the AI 2 Hours to build something on insane in the meantime I'll leave my army in my base and see if he'll attack me at any point during the game.

I'll be back with the result

I wish i could  :(

staghzout

ok I'm going to try the most annoying thing Ever... i'll Give the AI 2 Hours to build something on insane in the meantime I'll leave my army in my base and see if he'll attack me at any point during the game.

Izz2011

I played a game on Hard. It was a big Zerg fest and it was kind of tough. I definitely got attacked (by more than 1 AI at a time--which is what made it tough).

One comp killed the other, too.

reaperman

Just tried insane - works for me. The AI's not very aggressive, but not kinda sleeping at the same time either.

Got a small questions guys, actually - d'you know how to remove those annoying white log lines at the left when the AI is attacking - I got lots of those lines like "Player 2 Attack -> Attack", popping out and it's very annoying. Any ideas on how to remove it?

Thanks!

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: staghzout on February 27, 2010, 06:59:19 PM

You will it get insanely....bored.

staghzout

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 27, 2010, 07:26:41 PM
Quote from: staghzout on February 27, 2010, 06:59:19 PM

You will it get insanely....bored.

I agree.... so far the AI kill the other 2  comp... only me left... he's been attacking me with 4 zerglings... 2 hydras... 1 overseer and 1 infestor.... over and over and....over again....

staghzout

I forgot... add 2 other roaches....

Rain[sun]

I just played on Hard, no lines of code here.

As a side note, the AI's were very active, they built small armies of 6-9 units everytime they would attack. After 3 games, I find the Terran AI is coded better because they are always the one to kill other AI's, I've yet to see an AI kill a Terran AI.

By no means are they difficult, 2 Banshees killed the best AI of 1 game. But at the same time, 12 marines died to another AI. So they are lively enough to test some basics strategies, or to hold minor resistance but if you were looking to brush up your skills, no luck for you :-\
better wear your shades, the spotlights here can burn holes through the stage

staghzout

Quote from: Rain[sun] on February 27, 2010, 07:34:15 PM
I just played on Hard, no lines of code here.

As a side note, the AI's were very active, they built small armies of 6-9 units everytime they would attack. After 3 games, I find the Terran AI is coded better because they are always the one to kill other AI's, I've yet to see an AI kill a Terran AI.

By no means are they difficult, 2 Banshees killed the best AI of 1 game. But at the same time, 12 marines died to another AI. So they are lively enough to test some basics strategies, or to hold minor resistance but if you were looking to brush up your skills, no luck for you :-\

THis time Zerg beat the other AIs :) i guess it varies :)

staghzout

Ok after almost an hour and a half of waiting... (and I see a spider web starting to form under my chin)... The AI formed 2 small secondary bases... but unfortunately is still having the same attack pattern.... it seems that the AI will go harvest more when needed (thus the secondary bases) but will not change it's strategy as it is probably programmed to follow a pattern...
My other Computer is Running the Hard difficulty right now and I see a similar pattern forming... as per my laptop that is running Regular (original File)... The AI doesn't try to attack thus keeping the same 4 little units in his base...

They are all running different Maps to diversify a bit...

I hope this Helped, otherwise the only thing that I won by doing this was the acquaintance of a Small spider next to my PC that I shall now name Kerrigan :P

WeezyFD

Still, insane difficulty is the same as very easy, very few workers mining and you can easily defeat them if you attack them early in the game, once i have tons of mauraders and Thors, the ai only has like two hydra and several zerglings... :(