Enhanced AI for terran

Started by fadeless, February 27, 2010, 11:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creamsoda

The terran AI is good

However, after installing this, the Zerg & Protoss AI becomes braindead. They will not build anything at all.

It's better to go with StarCrack's AI mod v3.0

hollocopter

This AI is amazing. I wonder how they did this. I feel like they must have found this in the files somewhere because the AI was doing great micro and interesting things like raising supply depots to block my units and stuff.

22cg

Juanse254

john92

How did the AI managed to build 4 Starport and 3 Factory under 10 minutes?

chikopaws

Quote from: creamsoda on February 28, 2010, 12:49:25 AM
The terran AI is good

However, after installing this, the Zerg & Protoss AI becomes braindead. They will not build anything at all.

It's better to go with StarCrack's AI mod v3.0

Can you tell me what's the diff between starcrack AI mod 3 (esp. terran) and this terran AI??

Johnnyboy

lol took me 3 times to beat em'

Initially I 2x bunker then Siege tanks, Thors and turrets up the ass. And yeah, the AI's got unlimited money so it just techs to the highest units fasts and builds a shitload of stuff.

I like how they marauder juke though against my thors.

Mangala

After playing this once I suddenly remembered why I don't like Me vs. Computer.

Playing against a cold uncaring super-smart computer that always beats you is just depressing.

It's funny that I've been obsessing over player v. comp the entire week to suddenly realize that.  :D

PatouPower

Wow, it's nice to see a computer who actually knows what he's doing. I'm ready to bet he's better than 60% of the players on battle.net 2.0 with beta keys atm (not only with ressources, but also with micro, macro and intelligence)  :D

I'm sure this guy will come with the same algorithm, but with other races. Then, I'll use it (because actually, it has no synergy with the Starcrack 3.0 mod wich is nice too as the toss and the zerg just gather minerals). I say good job to this guy, and keep up the good work  :)

chicodude

this AI mod kinda reminds me of AOE 2's cheating ai :P ie Unlimited resources and shit. Good stuff though.

reaperman

I don't think they got unlimited resources. It's just one of them hard levels that calculates every move by the millisecond to end up with the exact that amount of this units and this buildings.

Giz

after getting owned 3 times i finally beat them with protoss, its actually rather good, however very umm shy, a human player wouldve decimated me every single time i think if he wouldve managed to build in the same way

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: Giz on February 28, 2010, 08:31:27 AM
after getting owned 3 times i finally beat them with protoss, its actually rather good, however very umm shy, a human player wouldve decimated me every single time i think if he wouldve managed to build in the same way
They build kind a LOT, i think i wold had more units then them. Is better to use resource, build, create, expand and etc wise.

TokeGaming

When playing what game speed are you guys using? Id like to be playing on the same speed that is default for multiplayer play (fastest in broodwar) and was wondering if anyone knew what that was

lecrycry

Change the speed game in the options !