SC2 LAN crack?

Started by DrunkenPirate, February 28, 2010, 03:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrunkenPirate

First off, thanks to everybody working on the SC2 beta crack  ;D   I've been following you guys since TBH comment page one (talk about drama  ::) , it was like a soap opera) Again, THANK YOU!! I finally got to play SC2 sandbox and vs comps ^_^!!

I actually have a question though. Is is possible to crack SC2 beta for some type of LAN play and if so are you guys currently trying to find a way to do it? I'm not trying to yell at you guys "Go faster!" lol... I was just wondering if it was something on the dev teams to do list or w/e u want to call it.

The reason i really want to know is because me and my friend are playing SC2 right next to each other and i would very much like to 1vs1 him -_-   Once again,  THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PROGRESS SO FAR  :D               sorry if this was asked b4 =/
Pirate 4 Life

starcrafter64

They are currently working on emulating the battle.net server which would allow multiplayer support. Starcraft II will not feature LAN play, so it may be tough to crack that at all, but you could still play 1v1 with your "LAN friend" via the emulated server once it's up.

Everyones work is greatly appreciated and I am rather amazed at how fast you guys got Single player with AI going. Kudos.

DrunkenPirate

Yah, i just thought playing on LAN sounded easier for the dev team to get set up vs the whole emulated servers they are currently working on but i forgot that blizzard completely took LAN out of SC2  :'(     Then again I don't know much about what the dev team does...for all i know setting up a LAN crack would be just as hard as getting it ready for online play lol...

Anyways, Ima go back to playing some AI while we wait for emulated servers  :P   Good Luck Dev Team!
Pirate 4 Life

hungryOrb

Erm,
How did you guys get the AI working? :O

dodongbadong

today is sunday i really went to church and i did pray for a server emulation..  :D

or maybe a lan modification. lets go tear the multiplayer setting and make a lan menu there. tcp/ip or udp setting hahaha.. and connect it using hamachi client. i think thats possible right?
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-

Gr!mm

Quote from: starcrafter64 on February 28, 2010, 03:59:19 AM
They are currently working on emulating the battle.net server which would allow multiplayer support. Starcraft II will not feature LAN play, so it may be tough to crack that at all, but you could still play 1v1 with your "LAN friend" via the emulated server once it's up.

Everyones work is greatly appreciated and I am rather amazed at how fast you guys got Single player with AI going. Kudos.

SC2 does have LAN, except you have to go through Battle.net, they did this so people wouldn't buy one copy of the game and play on LAN with 1 Cd key. So in other words... cha ching..

lordsenna

So what I'm hearing is that until the emulator for b.net is out there will be no Human vs. Human battles through lan?

Doomer3001

ME WANTZ LAN!!! Can the guys at the site plz concentrate at lan at the moment, because it aint no starcraft without lan...