How to view your own replays (with full instructions on how to install the game)

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 09:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it working for you?

Yes
18 (64.3%)
No
10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Giz

yes i renamed the files to 0011 starting, but im using lazyteam luncher v2.0 to watch them... dont know whats wrong

chetjan

@Giz it is most likely that you have updated to the latest patch and apperently the method does not work anymore (sorry). I'll try and fix the tutorial for the new patch if I have time and I find a way.

Giz

Quote from: chetjan on February 28, 2010, 03:57:07 PM
@Giz it is most likely that you have updated to the latest patch and apperently the method does not work anymore (sorry). I'll try and fix the tutorial for the new patch if I have time and I find a way.

yep im using the latest patch

StarALaMod

I got it working on patch on, but as soon as i updated it stopped working :(

chetjan

I did a clean install of everything including the latest patch and it worked. I will detail exactly what I did later. (There will be a quick overview though posted now)

StarALaMod

WOOOT Its working for me now. I forgot to launch the games from \00\11... i fail :(

chetjan

ShadowTiger

Quote from: chetjan on February 28, 2010, 07:28:11 PM
Is it working for anybody else?

worked for me, you can see my replay thread (Start ai v2) under the General Starcraft 2 section.

You can only watch NEW replays with this method, you may as well delete all your old replays as i couldnt figure out how to play them. The map name must match the name of the map in the replay and its cache location exactly, or else the replay wont load. Also you must have the same AI the replay author used.

chetjan

Thanks for the heads up I'll add that as a warning to my post.

chetjan

@ShadowTiger Added your replay to the replay section. And gave you plus one karma :)

Marlowe

Quote from: ShadowTiger on February 28, 2010, 07:46:04 PM
Quote from: chetjan on February 28, 2010, 07:28:11 PM
Is it working for anybody else?

worked for me, you can see my replay thread (Start ai v2) under the General Starcraft 2 section.

You can only watch NEW replays with this method, you may as well delete all your old replays as i couldnt figure out how to play them. The map name must match the name of the map in the replay and its cache location exactly, or else the replay wont load. Also you must have the same AI the replay author used.

Is there anyway to know which map did the replay is actually trying to load ? (exact name etc.) ?

I'm trying to load public replay (from the beta patch 2), with no success... still getting the TMP error.

Marlowe

Ok here is the fix to load latest replays :

Just need to download an updated cache folder (here : http://www.sc2win.com/starcraft-2-downloads/starcraft-2-cache-files-update/ )

Don't forget to put the original Base.SC2Data... et voilĂ 

paranoid

Sorry, voted on poll before reading post.
Replays didn't work for me last time I tried. Will try your method later.
edit: vote removed.

chetjan

@Marlowe Thanks, will update original post later.

chetjan

Just so you guys know I am hoping to eventually add either a program or a pack with the different AI to make switching between replays easier. I am quite busy in my senior year of high school (I really don't know how I managed to get a busy schedule as a second semester senior...), but hopefully it will go up soon.