How to view your own replays (with full instructions on how to install the game)

Started by chetjan, February 28, 2010, 09:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it working for you?

Yes
18 (64.3%)
No
10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

kblood

Seems no one figured this out yet. I remembered this thread and it inspired me to try. I went to the cache folder, where there is a download folder. I figured it would work just like the download folder in Warcraft 3, and guess what? It does  ;D ;D ;D ;) 8)
So I just added my maps into the:
(windows drive):\Users\*windows login*\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\Download
or just ..\Battle.net\Cache\Download in short. All maps in that folder will have working replays in the replay folder. With AI and everything.
Tried with one of Syko's maps:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/
All these maps here might only have observer mode though. Not sure. I mainly use them to test AI. I wonder if this will work if you play the same map, placed somewhere else, as long as it is in the download folder? I will have to try  >:(

kblood

Quote from: bcboncs on March 06, 2010, 08:44:29 AM

Anyone have any ideas?
Thx
I might have an idea. It would require map editing though, but use the real BaseAI in the Starcraft 2 Beta, all original files there, and then add the new AIs directly to the maps and put the maps you play into the folder: 
..AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\Download
With some editing done to a few maps, they can have the AI you use the most, and their replays should work just fine. I will add some working 6.0 maps to my server.
Added some here:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps%20with%20Starcrack%20V6%20AI/
These are just Syk0's maps with the TriggerLibs folder from the Starcrack 6.0 folder in them. I have not tested these maps yet though, and having to launch them with lazylaunch makes many maps needed to try observer mode, 1vs1 maps, 4 player maps and so on. Still it is a way to be able to both watch replays from Official Beta Players, and possibly from other players on this forum... yay  :) Lets have a competition about who is pwned the most by the v6.0 AI.
Well, I got some testing to do. Brb.

kblood

Time to test this out. I made a replay file using the method described in my last post. So now it should be possible for others to watch my replay. I guess the same was possible with the other method in this topic as well, but now it is easier to do it, because we do not have to all have the exact same AI, we just need to have the same maps in the download folder.
Here is how you should be able to watch my replay:
Get this file:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps%20with%20Starcrack%20V6%20AI/(6)%20-%20AIDev%20-%20Metalopolis.s2ma
And put it into the cache/download folder as explained in previous posts. Then take the attachment to this post and put it into your replays folder. If that is even needed when running it with LazyLaunch2.
EDIT: I just did another test. This is probably already known by some who got this working, but replays does not have to be in the replay folder for the LazyLaunch2 launcher to load it.
I just loaded one of the replays from the replay crack zip file. I think it was posted in the OP here.
EDIT: Just read the OP. Nice, newer cache files :) Also Blizzard finally made a way for old replays to still be replayable :D Was wondering why there was a folder with old patches, guess this is why  ;D The OP seemed to have figured out most of this, my method is mostly to make it easier to be able to watch old replays, after using several different AIs. I think I will stick with uploading V6 AIs so far. We just need to make a simple way of making these maps, or we will have to remember what AI we were using when the replay was made. Which kind of sucks in the long run. I will begin massproducing maps with V6 AI and upload them. And I will try some to see if all this can be done in easier ways even.

kblood

Yes, I am spamming, sorry about that :)
But I found that some of the AI maps I have made is not working :( For some reason I cannot add all the V6 AI folders. Either it is because some of the maps are a bit different in the way they are compressed or maybe there is a number of files limit. Doubt that though, it does seem to be specific maps like Lost Temple that has the same problem in several versions. I am quite certain it is because the MPQ editors I am using are a bit outdated, or I am using it wrong. I will post here when I have found a solution, and upload the working maps.
EDIT: Yea, only a few maps will accept having all of Starcracks V6 AIs TriggerLib folder added to them :( I have not found a workaround yet. I think I will try extracting the whole map and repackaging them again into a map file. But I got a better replay this time :)
Here the map file is:
http://dionysus.dk/SC2/Maps%20with%20Starcrack%20V6%20AI/MappackV1/(4)%20-%20Shakuras%20Plateau%20AIv6.s2ma
Place this file in:
C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\Download
And then run the attached AI file with LazyLaunch2.exe. Does not matter which folder, just needs Starcraft2 to have the newest patch. (6.something) Possibly some cache files as well, but not sure. Have not tested if it might work without cache files.
The replay: It is me playing an AI version of Twilight Fortress with the TriggerLibs folder and the subfolders from Starcracks AI v6 no cheating version. I was protoss and only used 2 unit types the whole game against 3 AI. One of each race. ;) And I did not pick that setup, it was just a random map, I did not use any loader, because then this kind of replay would not be possible, unless the loader was made to be able to make replays this way.
And again the steps:
1. Put the map I linked in the ..Battle.net\Cache\Download folder.
2. Make sure Starcraft 2 is fully updated and has no special mods installed of any kinds. (clean install)
3. Run my attached replay with LazyLaunch2.exe. (It is inside the .rar file, unpack it anywhere then open the replay with the launcher.)
Viola, 1h30m replay of me pwning 3 AI v6 with Protoss, but with the self imposed handicap of only using two types of protoss units.

SystemShoker

:)  Hello!
I have Russian SC2 client. And I don't be able to run my own replays.  :(
I see theirs in main menu. But when I tray to run replay I got error message "Unable to open map"
I played SC2 with SC2Launcher2.2.1.
What I must to do?

kblood

Quote from: SystemShoker on March 09, 2010, 02:59:11 AM
:)  Hello!
I have Russian SC2 client. And I don't be able to run my own replays.  :(
I see theirs in main menu. But when I tray to run replay I got error message "Unable to open map"
I played SC2 with SC2Launcher2.2.1.
What I must to do?

Not sure if it might be because of the russian client, but try copying maps to your download folder and the same maps to your maps folder.

C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache\Download
And the same maps should be put into your map folder, and the launcher should run the maps from the mapfolder. You find it under your documents/starcraft 2 beta.
With the map in both folders it should fix this problem.

gg.sc2

Ok I found something. Using LazyLauncher will not allow me to watch my own replays, I don't know why. But I tried the Revision 35 launcher:

http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcrack-launcher-with-color-and-race-selection/

and it works flawlessly for launching games AND replays. Plus, no RANDOM mode anymore. And Color selection! Anyone having trouble with replays, try it out. The only thing is the replays from your previous games that you used lazylaunch still won't work. You can only view the reps from maps launched by the rev 35 launcher.

SystemShoker

Rokrdude

Are we able to watch our own replays if we use starcraft beta launcher v0.24?
If how can anyone help i tried every steps normal replays work but my own replays doesn't

Any other launcher which might help?

battcor

Quote from: Rokrdude on March 29, 2010, 04:23:09 PM
Are we able to watch our own replays if we use starcraft beta launcher v0.24?
If how can anyone help i tried every steps normal replays work but my own replays doesn't

Any other launcher which might help?

Starcrack allin1 may do the trick http://blizzard-gaming.blogspot.com/2010/05/starcrack-allin1-94-beta-download.html