DISCUSS AI v 4.0

Started by imbalisk, February 28, 2010, 03:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drndos

QuoteI built a wall of photon cannons on the upper ridge of my main base.   After awhile the computer had about 6 Vikings that he'd fly in, and as soon as he'd reach my photon cannons, he would accidentally allow one or two to be killed, and then fly off without doing anything.  Then he'd come back 5-10 seconds later and do the same thing - retreat.  He'd send more Vikings in but he'd still never get anywhere.  He'd do this OVER and OVER and not get anywhere.

That is what I am talking about, they always retreat.

bnwdandy

Quote from: turdburgler on February 28, 2010, 03:56:48 PM
QuoteIt is a way toooooooooooo easy of the insane level, when I had pop of120 of Roaches and Hydra, I rushed the insane AI, and AI had like 7 - 9units, it is just too easy. I appreciate all your had work to make thishappen. I'm just disappointed about the fact the AI is stupid.

you've done something wrong, we have no insane level.

::)

good to know you're enjoying it guys.

Thanks for point it out, I was using the old AI. and I see a nice guy post the AI4.0 again. I'll give it a shot, thank you for all the hard work!   ;)

El3ctr0

TvZ (me T) was quite interesting, they attacked first with roaches zerglings and hydras, I crushed them, although they have made new army quite fast and with ultralisks and infectors, they did quite ok, but instead of sending 10 units brainless for my siege tanks, they could wait a moment and gather the army. Zerg did 2 expands! very nice
Vs T. - terran was i think using way too many vikings. He build around 12 starports... is it bugged? he kept building vikings, and I had no problem with destroing them, no thors at all :(
2 expands aswell as zerg (late game however)

Conclusion : way better then 3.0 Keep doing good work guys!

imbalisk

Quote from: GurU on February 28, 2010, 03:45:48 PM
First of all THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR WORK !

And now some bitter words.

I played few games on Lost Temple 1/1/1/1 and noticed that :

- all my protoss oponents build 2x warp shrines what is nonsens !
- the expansion still have no protecting units. Only 1 or 2 canons
- AI make only 1 expansion
- AI make only one army and if this army get crushed he won't build another
- zerg dies instantly after 5 minutes :/ (killed by AI)
- I never played against Terran xD (after 3 or 4 games)
-as I lifted off command center and moved on the island AI wasn't able to charm me

That is all for now

OveR
You're right, currently we only have one Opening implemented, which is 2 gate Zealots as Protoss. More openings and midgame styles will be released at the next version.
We try to make a midgame army that is possible to attack islands, but henche, there is no "HumanBuildsOnIsland" scripted, so we have to figure out how to deal with that. But great point.

Andrige

The AI will never push when he has an advantage and he's quick to retreat even if it seems he has an advantage.  Often this will result in the AI loosing unnecessary units.  Also, as others have said, the AI doesn't really rebuild after you kill his main army.

Although earlier on Kuluas Ravine, the AI did do a pretty good job of microing his marines.  He would send them all in and then micro marines back individually to the back when they got weak.  The AI does have great potential.

bnwdandy

I am just wondering, can they make a menu on the launcher which will allow us to choose the race, possibly color, and opponent race? That will be awesome :D , once again, thanks for all the hard work, I really appreciate it!

Soreas

Hi all can we play ai v4 with the latest patch?i have changed base 14133 to base 14093 but no effects and i ve resinstalled it sc2 two times, the game is not working with the last patch...how can i do?please

NefiX

It's too easy  :P Played one game against protoss and they send good army on me, mixed zealots, stalkers and immortals. After that he only make archons, 2-3 attacking and retreating all the time. In his base i noticed like 10x stargates, yet he made no air units at all  ??? Anyway thanks for the AI it's very fun!

Crimson

All of the AI's fail against turtle even if they have the bigger army, they will literally walk in, lose 2 units, walk back out, and then rinse and repeat. Although this version is much improved from before, more expansions and such. Great work guys!

yuniel

I might sound harsh but I greatly appreciate the work on the AI, just trying to give some feedback here :) ( only been playing 1vs1)

Still no challenge, the AI is easilly defeated at any stage of a game, staying in their base all game long.

Protoss are able to mass up some a decent size army though(20-30 units zealot/stalker). The AI doesn't rebuild any lost army, nor does it attack me. It usually just runs aways whenever encountering me.

Zerg are bad, the worse in v4. They end with 35+ probes on one mining location which is way too much, and they only mass up a 4-8 units army + queen. They do expand though but it seems that the additional minerals are not spent.

All races need to build more units, they must have so many unused minerals... They also need to attack, if possible put pressure on expansions and on the main base. Maybe be able to build more than 1 or 2 different units. And on top of that AI needs to get out of it's base, but that goes along attacking/ putting pressure i guess.

Ok that's it for now I guess.
Yuu

StarALaMod

I personally think it is better than before, but not good enough XD

Aravan

I played 3 games so far, my brother has played 3. I'm NOT a very good SC player, but not all that bad either.
ZvZ - lost, this may be due to the fact that I really can't play as Zerg. He owned me with mutas/lisks. He attacked once with 4 lings (or was it 2?), then a huge wave of enemies. Had one exp.
ZvZ - practically the same situation ^^
PvT - I didn't brake a sweat. At the beginning of the match he attacked me with 3 marines, microed very nicely, to run away succesfully with the last one (he retreated correctly, just like I would). I waited for his big wave (I didn't build any static defense) and owned it with Stalkers, Zealots, Sentries (Sentry shield really threw him off balance, he just kept attacking which was majorly uneffective). Then I just played around with the Protoss (build an army, checked out Warp Gates), while he attacked me in small waves. Kept retreating. In his base he had many Star Ports, but he only built Vikings. Had 1 exp.

Brother's games
PvT - similar to the one above, didn't use sentries as much, overwhelmed with DTs instead (waited for scan to go away and back he went harrassing).
ZvZ - he lost, just as I did.
TvP - he won with ease, the AI just couldn't keep up with his army. When my bro attacked his main he did a second expansion (could be a coincidence?). Built Star Gates, didn't use 'em.

That's all for now. Hope you'll make it AWESOME. Try making it harder still, also make more build options for it. High tier and air would also be nice. Kthxgg. You're doin a great job.

Rhett

Just played a 4P Metalopolis as Terran vs 1 T and 2 Z. One zerg expanded very well (creep was far outside their base). Terrans harassed me in the beginning VERY well. Two marines first (they micro'd them pretty well, too) Then they attacked me with a large Marine/Hellion/Siege tank/Viking raid later on, which was taken out. Several minutes later, I got a suitable defense and kept their constant Viking harassment to a minimum.

One Zerg got overthrown by the other Zerg. Didn't notice much of them until the end of the game, where I noticed the Terran AI was ripped to shreds and only had an economy, almost nothing else left. Then I got swarmed by 20+ Ultralisks, Roaches, and Zerglings. I managed to take out 90% of this force but it crippled my economy to the point where I couldn't continue, so I left it there.

4.0 is a very impressive move forward in terms of AI (played 3.0 before this, notable differences).

Still haven't managed to get a protoss enemy =/ -- Before this I was playing Zerg, same map, 1Z 2T enemies. Other zerg completely devastated my puny base with mutalisks and roaches.

Keep up the great work.

As for features, all I can think of is varied difficulties (I'd say the zerg rated around "hard", but the other two were "medium" or lower). If you could add a color changer perhaps, to StarCrack, that'd be awesome too.

PatouPower

It's still too easy, but nice progress  ;)

The good points is that they know how to make units, when to attack and when to retreat. But the major lacking is the gestion of his ressources. The terran comp I played against had like 4-5 starports, but only a few air units (2-3 vikings). But at least he knew how to build his base like a real terran (lot of buildings blocking the access to the rear of his base, nice placing of tanks behind, etc.)

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the insane version 5.0  ;D

Andrige

I just played a TvT on scrapyard, and the enemy just kept sending viking after viking only like 2 at a time.  He didn't really send much else.  It looked like he built a pretty good base, but he never expanded and he got crushed pretty easily when i sent my army in.