DISCUSS AI v 4.0

Started by imbalisk, February 28, 2010, 03:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catalinusc

Just played me T vs Z twice... first game I tried to build up army thors with marines, marouders, 1 battle cruiser almost 2-3 from each of the units and he came with lots of hydras, lings and mutalisk he owned me... Next game same races I build 2 barracks with the second add-on to the barracks so I can build 4 marines at once and I attack him with 17-18 marines and he did have 2 lings and 1 queen...and just in the moment I was attacking he actually build up 6 lings and other 4 after those, as I was destoying him he was building up structures, so could add a little defence at begining to the zerg my opinion. Good job guys, keep up the good work.

BoBoStariaN

I hope I can help just a bit, thanx for the team's effort to make it possible for us to experience Sc2.

ok, I play as T, and AI is T also, on Losttemple, I think on that specific map, T is the only possible race, since I play that map for 4 times.

the AI owns me at early stage, I am very surprised that it improves so much, I thought I was going to lose that game, because the AI wiped my army two times, but here was the funny part.

after he killed one of my three bases, he stoped advancing, instead he kept sending vikings to my base, and it was not like he sent in an army of vikings trying to destroy my main base, Ai just sent in one or two vikings at a time, after about 50 waves(60 vikings or so), I had 5 thors, and about 40 marines, then I marched into the AI's base and found out it had nothing left.

so, the AI doesnt know how to take advantage of the situation even though it totally pawns early game.

The AI doesn't know how to build his army, because throughout the whole game, the AI only builds 4 kinds of units, basic marines, the new unit in barrack(not the reaper, the one shots missles), tanks, and vikings, nothing else.

the AI keeps sending in vikings...........

Ok, i hope my feedback helps, you guys are awesome,.

disc0

Amazing Work so far, you guys are great.

I've played Zerg Vs Terran and It was pretty awsome.

The computer(terran) atack me first and I was not expecting, he did a good job too, but after that he start sending 2 units and he just expanded once so that was the end for him.

What I think it could make Things even more interesting :

- expanding more
- targeting expansions whenever possible (map control)
- and (what I think is a bug) not sending 2 units over and over after the first wave

Elare

To be honest i would say the ai is at medium level. It is not as easy as the ones before but also not very hard. played 5 games again the 4.0 4.0 unsupported and 4.1 and no lose so far

A main problem i detected are neural rocks. There are maps where you can build a exe next to your base easyly but the ai runs across the map to build a new exe instead of the one next to the base. I also played against 3 ai on one map where rocks block the way from each base. So to leave your base you need air or to destroy the rocks which block the way, and all 3 ai's didnt destroy them.            

apriores

I played against Terran. Is much better and fun than v3.0. He played with tanks (in siege) in combination with marines, marauders and valkiries, he knew to scan when I cloaked my banshees, he made 2 expansions but, after a while, he got stucked only on valkiries, no other units after that. Anyway, I'm glad to see so much improvement in such a short time. I wish V 5.0 will include some banshees, thors and maby battlecruisers...  ;D
About difficulty, I'll say is a medium one.

RaTcHeT302

The AI is powa but still! they retreat a lot.

ProoM

Quote from: RaTcHeT302 on February 28, 2010, 04:02:07 PM
http://x.00.dy.fi/sc2c/StarCrack%20AI%204.0.rar Version 4
Just downloaded it. Played TvP, Protoss did nothing else but pumping zealots of 3 gateways, so I walled in and killed him with banshees :S. Anyways, nice to see you doing progress ^^.

Gamewiz

Just tried out V4. Map was Steppes of War, I was playing Terran against Zerg. Because on your notes for the Zerg having a slow start, I didn't harass them in the beginning, and just kept to my base (except for the occasional scouting to see what they were doing) working on economy and defense.

They did hit me fairly hard (mixture of zerglings, roaches, hydras, and a couple overlords) a few times, but never managed to breach my defenses (which was a blocked entrance, two siege tanks, and a few marines and marauders). After I expanded and had a decent sized army, took the center which they constantly fought me for.

At one point, they actually snuck behind my main army and attacked my natural expansion, destroyed half my SCVs there before I could get my army to defend. Was a nice little surprise. :) After that, I pushed into their base with my mix of marines, marauders, hellions, and medivacs and was able to easily defeat them.

Overall a definite improvement, but still not that hard on a 1v1 map. I'm going to try again and see if I can go up against terran or protoss and see how they fair.

RaTcHeT302

The best combinations when you use Terran is to :
Try to get at first a bunker and some marines inside, might scary early terran rushes.
After increase your army (start getting reapers and a few robotic motorcycles). If you manage to also get banshee the victory is yours.

The difficulty overall is medium but still never lost a game. With the cheating AI...mhh...meh better not talk about that..

kzr22

uhm r we still supposed to play through lazytown???

RaTcHeT302

Quote from: kzr22 on February 28, 2010, 05:25:33 PM
uhm r we still supposed to play through lazytown???
Yes, in the maps with the AI.

kzr22

ok thx is there anyway to add more enemies or choose your race?

SnipeShow257

Hey when i download the 4.0, it downloads as a .rar file, what do i do to make it work because i put it in a folder i named AI under SC2 and it doesnt work, and im assuming it is because its a .rar file

Gamewiz

Ok just tried Blistering Sands. I played as terran again, this time against a terran opponent. They did pretty much what everyone else here is saying. After a few good attacks (they even took out my army once), they just started massing Vikings... After that the win was very easy, as I could just build a good counter to them and they never changed strategies.

Gamewiz

Quote from: SnipeShow257 on February 28, 2010, 05:30:58 PM
Hey when i download the 4.0, it downloads as a .rar file, what do i do to make it work because i put it in a folder i named AI under SC2 and it doesnt work, and im assuming it is because its a .rar file

You need to unpack the .rar file using a program like WinRar. After you have it unpacked, you'll need to put that Base.SC2Data file inside this directory: StarCraft II Beta > Mods > Liberty.SC2Mod. Replace the original file that's in there. Then startup lazylauncher2, select your hacked ai map, and you are good to go.

However, if you are running the launcher (not the lazy launcher, but the other one) then instead put the Base.SC2Data file into this directory (you'll need to great the AI and StarCrack folders) StarCraft II Beta > AI > StarCrack v4. Start the launcher, select your map, then select that StarCrack v4 as your AI. Voila! You are good to go.