Starcrack AI V5 is out! Discuss:

Started by Jovani, February 28, 2010, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chikopaws

I've tried 3 games with v5
the AI is a LOT more harder than v3 and better..
I haven't tried v3 though..

my first battle PvZ:
-the AI sent the first scout although i think it's too early since I havent got gateway yet.
-I'm surprised that it would attack so early but I've managed to get enough zealot to deal with them..
-in this battle I was trying to mass DT and attack the main base.. surprisingly, the AI even got the overseer to see my DT.. I lost my first rush DT..
-for the second rush, i bring some phoenix to kill the overseeer.
-finally i won the game.. I think the AI is well enough to handle my phoenix.. they got a lot hydralisk.. but still they are no match to my DTs

my second battle TvZ:
-like usual, the AI sent the first scout when I havent build a barrack..
-I got a scv build supply depot in the entrance of the ramp.. and got a few marines too..
-again, I'm surprised the zerg rush so early.. but I managed to clear it thanks to blockade of suppy depot..
-but for the second,, I made a mistake. I think it would okay to defend the second rush with my blockade.. I didnt think the second rush would be so many!!
-well, my M&M easily outnumbered by them. I lost the second battle

my third battle TvT:
-like usual, too early scouting..
-the AI sent the first marines rush.. but I managed to beat them.. this time I didnt depend on my supply depot blockade. I massed marine and marauder
-the second rush, the AI bring vikings and siege tank.! the viking just flying directly to main base and destroy a lot of my scv..! I was forced to bring my M&M back to the base..
-after repair, defend, build scv, etc I bring some ST to enemy base along with massed M&M.. and I found the base has few army. maybe the main army is on the way to my base but I didnt see them..
-becous of that I easily destroy their base.. and it's too late for them to save their base..

I think this is the best AI so far.. this is what I called the real HARD mode AI but still beatable..
thank you very much to the AI team & crack team!! :D
have fun..

itsarabbit

It would be nice to see the AI teching :)
Want Beta key! :D

GurU

@chickopaws scout should be so early for exaple P should scout with 8 or 9th probe I don't remmember exactly

itsarabbit

Quote from: GurU on March 01, 2010, 12:13:38 AM
@chickopaws scout should be so early for exaple P should scout with 8 or 9th probe I don't remmember exactly
It's completely useless.
Want Beta key! :D

Deathmental

The first scout comes too early indeed, well it would be ok actually if he stayed at my base, instead he leaves about 2 sec after arriving. He's already in my base when I'm just building my 7th or 8th drone, nobody is even going to have gas up that early. He actually makes the game a lot easier for me, since I'll know pretty much from the beginning what race he plays.

badboy91

It's still a bit easy for my taste cause i've played SC for a long time (still amateur+noob)
BUT, it' a remarkable achievement Ai has changed a lots since V3
In a 1v1 ZvZ, i do fast EX strat (Hatch>Spawn) computer rush me with 6-8 lings, i get queen+lings and fend off the att. After that i mass roach+lings and tech to muta, but the game finished before they got to taste my muta (14min or so), it' seem they only expan when mineral running low cause i didn't see them make one yet :<
In a 1v1 PvT computer scout early and it's hard to kill it o_0, but once i build 2 gate way to cover the choke point, it's just wander around my base entrance, make 3 lots and att  his base and found my lots overrun by 8-10 rins. They fend off another round with 6lots 6Stalk +1 sentry by rins +1 Siege (impressive improvement). After that i expand and tech to colossi andby the time i got the army near to his base he overrun me by trying to destroy 3 warpgate blocking the choke point ( they Actually kill the pylon fist !!! wow :>)
but after that they seem not able to fight off any more, i see they build 2 starport build not pumping out any unit at all :|
Haven't try vs P though

Rhett

Considering all this is being done off of (what I assume is) the Very Easy AI that Blizzard left in, this is pretty impressive. I can't imagine how good the AI is in the full game, though. If this is mostly Blizz, this is pretty neat.

I did notice in V5 that the enemy (haven't played vs terran in this one, yet) sends a worker to different corners, and continues doing so, and they hang around. They never build though. I assume this was an attempt to get them to expand.. It certainly freaked me out the first time I saw a drone move to an expansion just outside my base (would have worked too, if it had some protection).

Keep it up!

madrussian190

i just played 1v1, PvP... so i built up 3 zealots, 2 stalkers, 3 immortals, and 4 cannons and stay on the defensive. they send a huge army of about 10 zealots, 5 immortals, & 5 stalkers. once they get down to 2 units he retreats and builds up a couple of archons and just keeps yo-yoing in & out of my line of sight. i whipe him out completely with a crap load of immortals, and leave him his nexus in the expansion he built. suprisingly enough, he builds up pretty fast (i keep a couple of observers near by), builds some stargates, and starts pumping out carriers... i was like WTF, cause i forgot to build anti-air, and he almost whipes me out with like 4 carriers. but i get him in the end with a 15 carrier counter attack

overall, huge improvement, cant wait for v6 :)

chikopaws

I just won my fourth battle using zerg.. this time I choose 4 player map..
my enemies are 2 prtoss and 1 terran..

I have to say broodlord is AWESOMEE!!! LOL
the funny thing is the broodling created by broodlord easily outnumbered the enemies army  :D

I sent 5 broodlord to beat stack of m&m & siege tank
the broodling will make them panick just because the massive attack of broodling
and even they cant escape because they easily surrounded by the broodlings.. lol
the AI doesn't attack the broodlord instead they just hit the unlimited broodlings  :D

in my opinion, I think broodlord is overpowered right now..
for the anti air, I used corruptors which is great too !

anyway, I found different play type with the protoss AI.. one protoss just massing zealot and stalker which is usual.. and the other one is massing carrier and archon !!

this is the first time I see protoss AI massing carrier and archon.. I think this is an improvement in protoss AI compared to the older one.. I dont know if you guys already see this play type of protss AI

G-StaR

I won my first match(PvT). Actually it was pretty easy.
I built some zealot and stalkers and some sentries.But at the beginning it was hard to rush him.I hope that the AI will RUSH some day that would be awesome.
But the V5 crack is a big improvement.

Thanks for your hard work.

Diamondback2

V5 is defiantly a step in the right direction. 

The first game I played, I tried to get fancy and double expand on 4 stalkers and 2 zealots and got steamrolled by roaches.

the second game i caught the Terran in a bad position and rolled it cause of it. 

aside for the insanely early scouting, this is a very great step! :)!

thanks devs, it's appreciated!

Welmu

This bot is awesome!... It is pretty easily beatable, but still... great work.

In PvP, bot should make Colossus earlier against Zealot/Archons army.

Cybertox

i was Protoss and my enemy was Terrans and i kicked his ass with the mothership and 6 carriers that was sooo awesome.I just built a lot of photon cannnons and the mothership cloaked them and when arrived the enemy i just annihilated his very huge army.

NefiX

give me a link please, wiki is dead
edit: have already :P big improvement this version, comp plays more aggresive

chetjan

I think the server is overloaded again... I can't connect :(