A.I. V5.0

Started by ImWaitingforStarcraft3, February 28, 2010, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

28-02-2010
Version 5 AI (AI DOES NOT CHEAT)
StarCrack AI 5.0 (no ai cheating): http://www.mediafire.com/?tmgh2zyjion
___

Tested it out... Not much challenge still. I have yet to see if it is even different from v4.0, but thats just me.

Great job and keep it up, devs!

Myke

Whats different in this one?

CHEFFY!

They definitely improved the Zerg in this one, they will keep on harassing and and they try to take control of the map fairly early in the game.

itsarabbit

Played TvT.

Pros:
-Got some decent defense up and running
-Didn't give up.
-Expanded a lot.
-I only found one Starport.
-It built troops and buildings while fighting me.

Cons:
-Still, alot of Vikings.
-The forces wasn't gathered.
-There was a siege tank(Kudos to Myke for reminding me :)) who kept going near and retreating til' it died.

I also found this one to be easier than 4.0

So, in conclusion, better AI, although easier.

And yes, I registered to say this :P
Want Beta key! :D

Myke

That tank, yea, it's called a siege tank :P.

ImWaitingforStarcraft3

zerg vs zerg the computer builds pretty much only roaches and lings for a long long time.

Razredge

I've played PvT, and the following things the AI did:

Good:
-Expanded a lot
-Kept building units, wave after wave
-Didn't give up
-Used scan on my DTs

Bad:
-Too quick to run away from combat
-Not very good micro (Units would run back and forth, till they die)
-Dumb scout (the SCV would run away from any visual contact, even buildings -- not sure)
-Loads of Statports
-Forces were scattered
-Lots of Vikings
-Very few marines, marauders and siege tanks (made 1 single hellion too)
-Many "useless" duplicate buildings

Edit: Also, forgot to mention, great work StarCrack Team, this was still quite an easy win, but the AI has evolved a good deal. Keep up de good work guys!

SanctifiedDevil

terran vs terran on lost temple. AI is much better but seemed like it is lacking more troops. They built 3 expansions, but only had a small army to send in the beginning. They still only sent very small squads of maybe 4 to 5 troops till they were defeated.

Still great and always better than nothing.

Last game of v4.0 is on the 4.0 board.

rysiu

computer is still easy ;p. I played Protoss vs Protoss ,made about 6 cannons, waited for his attack(immortals + stalkers), pwned easy whole army with cannons + void rays, and then rushed on him with void rays and pwned all his base.

BoBoStariaN

ok, some feedbacks, hope it helps

I play against all three races, first of all, I want to clear one thing out, I am not a SC pro, but I play SC uncontinously for almost 10 years, so I think I know the basics pretty well.

1) against P as T. on the map oasis, I rush reaper, then I just keep jumping on the P's base, h&R, the AI is smart enough to rush his zealots back to protect its probes, but sadly it clearly doesn't micro his zealots since my reapers are much faster, I kite its 10 zealots with 2 reapers, killed them all with a little micro ( as the AI's zealots slowly being chew away, the AI doesn't retreat or enforce, it lets the zealots chasing me in circles), another problem is after I killed all his zealots I start using my reapers to damage its buildings, the AI sends his probes trying to kill my reapers....what a brave brave dude.....you get the idea.. :)

2) against Z with P&T on oasis , the Z is very smart, it nuisances me with doggies after I have my first marine, expands fairly quickly(not as fast as some pro players may like, but hey, it still a huge improvement.) but all the Ai builds is doggies, roaches, and rarely hys, I encounter some challenges against Z since he builds his army quitely fast, but after I found out that the AI has no counter to sky units, I win easily. ( :) sad Z......

3) against T, the T feels alright, I only play T for two times, improve a lot but still easy.

hope it helps, thanks for the 5.0

War_Machine

So I just did a quick round of Terran(me) vs Zerg. About 3 minutes in a drone entered my base scouting, took care of it by finishing blocking my ramp and killing it with SCVs. After setting up some basic stuff I made some marines and a couple marauders and went on a scouting party (my original SCV got killed). I didnt even get to their base because I got rush by like 20 lings. So I turtles up and made some siege tanks post up in front of my base along with a reaper and some marines and a couple marauders. That held them off for a while will I medvac'd a ghost(with nuke), 6 siege tanks, 4 reapers and 2 Thors to their base....sent in the reapers to get a view, nuked it, went to siege mode in the tanks and backed them up with thors till I won.

Overall it was a bout a 35 min match but the AI is 100% harder than the previous version I had (3). Props to the Devs....keep it up, looking forward to the B.net emulator  ;D

Protomancer

Just played a great PvT match on Desert. The first problem i saw was when i scouted his base, i set up a pylon just in case. The sad thing was he didnt scout his base for it so i warped in 6 zealots and took out most of his scvs. After that he attacked me with alot of siege tanks and marauders, but my imortal took care of them.the next problem occured when i hid my units behind the bushes, he just kept sending units one by one , never scanning or grouping up his units to attack me. The third problem i had was with his scans. Even when a battle was lost, he still used up all his scans, not keeping them for later. At this time we both had 2 ecpansions with our main base mined. Later he came at me with 3 battlecruisers, but one shot from a stalker scared it away from my base. So what i thinks should need to be improved with terran: 1: Search base for pylons.
                                                                       2: Better use of scans
                                                                       3: Fixing the bush glitch
All in all, it was a great game. There are still things that need polishing, but hey, thanks for the hard work.

formerself

My experience with the bot in a PvP game.
He scouted with a probe so early he couldn't really get any valuble info about me. Maybe he should use that probe to harass mine instead of just running around my base?
He managed to do one good large attack on me with stalkers and immortals but I outnumbered him with zealots, sentries and stalkers (dividing his troops with masses of force fields). His remaining troops kept running back and forth, almost avoiding my troops (he didn't take charge, blink or ff into consideration). So I managed to kill them one by one.
His new tactic was archons, which was a bad move as I had way too many stalkers with longer range than the archons. He also seemed to think an army of about 3 archons would be enough. That was pathetic.
He reinforced 3 archons with a carrier, which was a nicer move. If only he had sent more than one or 2 carriers at the time. Also, he managed to sneak into my base with 2 or 3 carriers which was unexpected for a bot, but he only attacked a pylon. My probes would have been a better move as I had no defense around the nexus.
I'd like to see the bot realising when his attacks are too small, actually going back to his base and build a massive army. Something twice the size he saw my defend with.

War_Machine

Just play a PvZ match on Scrap Station.....I got rolled lol

After some small battles here and there, I had a mothership, 6 immortals, a bunch of stalkers and colossus mixed in with some DT.....I take my mothership over to his base and warp over my units only to find that hidden in the back of his base....where I didnt scout sat about 10 Ultralisks, some banlings and some roaches.....he rolled over all my units and then rushed my base. :/ Im terrible with Toss lol

Skylo

Hi, i played some of the earlier versions, and this might be the best! Thx for hard work and letting us appreciate the game against at least a AI!

2 Things:

- Most of the current flaws of the AI have been posted already!
1. After you attack the expansion the probes do move to flee! But they don't start mining again (i burrowed some zerg down there) ... maybe general error or just because THEY KNOW, you are there even burrowed without detectors.
2. Back and forth attacking is really lame... i like it more, if the AI just sends in the units no matter what ;) and retreats if they have little less left!