A.I. V5.0

Started by ImWaitingforStarcraft3, February 28, 2010, 10:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SystemShoker

;)  Hello! Thank you for you job!
Some remarks about AI V5.0:
1. AI does not react on nuclear launch detection!!!
2. AI does not understand that not effective to atack you defens, if there are so many units and no way. I think in this situation AI must to drop his units to you base by dropship near players SCVs (Drones, Probes). Or must step back, control the map waiting for your expansion and bulding his expansion or go to high tech and continue to produce his units and upgrades.

P.S. Sorry for my English!

sYk0

To all:
The guys (not myself) working on the AI are going as fast as they possibly can.
I'm sure they have day jobs (school, college, university, ect), so just relax.
If you didn't already know, Blizzard did NOT include a fully functional AI system in the beta, it's going to take some work to get it tuned just right.

formerself

Played a PvZ, where he the AI impressed me by slaughtering all my offensive units in an attack and destroyed my expansion.

He made 3 expansions, one which he built using overlord transport. That was nice to see in an AI!
Another impressive thing he did was to mind control my mothership when I attacked. However, he did a stupid thing to cast vortex on all my carriers as well as a bunch of his own units. That way the mothership had nothing to attack and there was nothing to attack it. 
He got all the buildings for high tech units, but he didn't use corruptors or ultralisks, which would have been difficult for me to handle.

Also, many thanks to the people making this AI. I'm not telling about the flaws in the AI to criticise. It's meant to be inspiration when making new versions of the AI.

Elare

This one was posted on irc
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ngx4dtmtgd
or
http://rs913tl4.rapidshare.com/files/357289138/11844799/v5tweaked_blug_.rar

It's V5.0 with 3 diffrend version
x1.0 like the normal one
and x.1.5 , x.2.0

tryed x2.0 and lost 2 games in a row for now

charlly987

registered JUST to say how thankfull i am to you and your crew. You've done a wonderfull job with the ai srcipt. Since i am SC 1 player for 5 years now, i really understand how the game's mechanics should work. The AI in this version on 4 player ffa map is no big deal for me but it does pose a threat and let's you feel how high-tense games will look like. HUGE, HUMONGOUS SHOUTOUT TO THE WHOLE TEAM !!!

Skylo

Quote from: Elare on March 01, 2010, 10:06:17 AM
or

x1.0 like the normal one
and x.1.5 , x.2.0

I suppose the x1.5 and x2.0 means the AI get 1.5 to 2.0 x Resources then Humans, or do they cheat in another way ;)

Can't imagine how someone "TWEAK" the 5.0 otherwise ;)

Gamewiz

Quote from: Elare on March 01, 2010, 10:06:17 AM
or

x1.0 like the normal one
and x.1.5 , x.2.0

What kind of tweaking is this? Is it tweaks to the actual AI? Or is x2.0 like gather x2 minerals and build/research x2 faster?

Is it just essentially the v5 AI with a slight cheat to it?

I'll give it a try when I get home from work today.

charlly987

OK, i just played the x2 vs 3 AI....NOW THATS SOMETHING !!! :DDDDD

charlly987

oh yeah, for some reason toss produces 2 units simoultaneusly from buildings instead of single one. Played with zerg too but i cant remember now were there 2 units hatching or just one. ill report later. but the difficulty is pretty nice in my humble opionion. Most of you guys who dont play sc 1 seriously wont stand a chance, at least on 3 player maps.

Skylo

i played 1.5 and had a spawnpoint AI right next to me... he pumped out marines and tanks before i got a decent army... :/ no chance! cheating AI sucks! At the point I blocked away the first one, the TOSS came with an eradicating army! Then my Game hung up ;)

In my opinion not the best way to make the game harder ;)

Razredge

My remarks about my latest PvP
-The initial wave was good, Zealots and Stalkers, although even late in the game neither had any upgrades, and the AI stopped pumping them right after they could make DTs which leads me to my next point;
-Relies solely on Archons... it was fuzing 2 DTs when clearly the 2 DTs would be a greater threat to my forces than one Archon. And even the Archon Forces were rather small, 4 maybe 5 Archon tops;
-It made just a few Immortals, but as soon as he started with the Archons, he would not get anything else;
-Did not make even one air unit, and had lots of Stargates, it did not build observers either, which lead them to get pwned by my DTs;
-The AI did not tech at all, even when I gave it space to gather up loads of minerals;
-Way too often it would go forth and back, as if "forgetting" I still had the units after he couldn't see them anymore;
-No unit cast any special ability whatsoever.

This version of the AI had a great improve over the ones before it, keep up the good work. I hope these remarks help improving the AI further.

Slovenia

I played game today:
I was Toss my enemies were: Toss Terran, Zerg, Toss , Terran
First i killed zerg it was pretty hard when he had like 1000000 Zerglings than i went for Terran which used Siege tanks and BattleCruisers i barely beated his first force... than i went in his base (with blink) with a lot of stalkers, he used EMp with the ghost (took all my shields down ) and Siege tanks did the rest of the job. I managed to beat him thanks to my Mothership support  ;D . Then i saw that this Terran had 2 Expansions (one on gold minerals, and his natural) i kiled those 2 expos. Meanwhile 1 of toss killed the other protoss and the other Terran so it was just him and me. He had a lot of Immortals stalker 3 Carriers and Archons i saw he took second expansion on gold minerals( ( the other 2 expos were mined out) so i took mothership a mass teleported my units and killed all his probes. he had no income so he died

ElvishSolution

First off I'm new here, and would like to open my first post by saying a very big thanks to all the development teams that have worked on the crack(s), hacked maps, and AI.  StarCraft Brood War is essentially my favorite game of all time, and being able to play, even against weak AI, on SC2 is something I thought would never happen.

In any case I have played all of Blizzard's games, but more importantly, I reached a semi-professional level in WarCraft 3.  So to that end I have made an account after watching this forum for the past week and half, in order to help make the AI as challenging as possible.

I am not very versed in computer coding, however, I do understand some basic languages (HTML, CSS, a little PHP).  What I would like to provide in terms of AI is not the code, but rather the strategy and micro choices the AI should make and so on.  I will be posting my complete topic later today in which I will outline 5 different build orders for each race, and how to execute a win from each build order, and more importantly how to adapt real counters to attacks from each build.

I'm sure the dev teams already have experience players, and I would simply like to provide my additions on strategy.  Of course, even the best AI that can be produced will never provide the same challenge as facing a human opponent, we can at least try to get it as close as possible.

Thanks again to all the hard work from the teams thus far

-Elvish
Practice might make perfect, but some are good without it.

TeaCheR

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21206413/2010-03-01_19-01-04.Z-Z.SC2Replay

it a replay of zerg vs zerg on Blistering Sands (1v1)
me pretty good player i think ... i dont like zerg ( cant play good ) , i dint not play protoss because i make very good defence then Dark Templar rush and dead  ;D terran to many option to eliminate de AI  8)

considerable improvement over the last version , good job keep it up btw replay a bit over 1 hour i let him grow almost on the hole map :)

DarkOne

Great work on the AI guys!  Finally much tougher than the previous 4. I can still beat it but at least I get to try out the game and get some practice in before it releases.

So thank you for giving me this!

For all those others that are commenting on how wrong the AI is, give me a break!  It's a bot not a real person!  A computer controlled AI is never going to behave like a real person would.  Every game/situation/player is different. It can't react like a real player would.  Just be thankful you have something to test the new units out on. Personally I think the AI does better than most noobs out there would. So please be patient and let the devs tweak it some more.

Before the weekend you couldn't even play against the AI!!  Kudos to the Dev team!!  Great Job!!