Abilities of Mothership

Started by dragonpuf, March 01, 2010, 07:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonpuf

Why the abilities of Mothership in beta are distinct from the abilities demonstrated in official webside?? ::)

ooni

No longer has instant teleport
Instead has recall (same as sc1 arbitor's recall)

No more chronosphere

Huge nerf imo, but chronosphere wasn't that useful to begin with.

Ceron

they made the mother ship the new arbiter you only can have one of.

its so stupid... instead of keep nerfing it on every patch, they should restore it as it was and change the cost for it to 1000 minerals and 1000 gas, with 5 min to build.

that way, IF the protoss player was able to build the mother ship, he fucking deserv to win.

no, its no hero unit, is something that is very protoish and deserv to remain as they first made it.

dragonpuf

I like the ability they exhibit on the official webside.
It is fit to the mothership's look in my opinion.

thedarkdream

Just now, the mothership isn't THAT strong, its abilities don't justify why you can only have one of them. When thinking about a MOTHERSHIP, you won't think of comparing it to an arbiter.
And as its damage got nerfed too... I don't think it's much stronger than a battlecruiser. (haven't tried though)

ooni

Quote from: thedarkdream on March 02, 2010, 06:27:35 AM
Just now, the mothership isn't THAT strong, its abilities don't justify why you can only have one of them. When thinking about a MOTHERSHIP, you won't think of comparing it to an arbiter.
And as its damage got nerfed too... I don't think it's much stronger than a battlecruiser. (haven't tried though)

It's still quite powerful and vortex turns the battle around, imagine suddenly fighting only half of their army. Recall is also still good but since P can proxy pylon it's not as good I guess.
Don't compare to Arbiter because this thing has vortex.'

Funny thing though, one Ghost EMP -> gg mothership

molamola

Quote from: ooni on March 02, 2010, 06:32:59 AM

Actually "vortex" does the same thing as "Stasis Field", the only difference is visual effects, which does matter. Still think they should make some change to this unit though.

Gamewiz

My race of choice is Terran, and I'll even say they nerfed the mothership to hell and back. It's rather ridiculous. That unit is now pretty worthless, especially considering one single ghost can effectively make it competely useless.

Razredge

Quote from: molamola on March 02, 2010, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: ooni on March 02, 2010, 06:32:59 AM

Actually "vortex" does the same thing as "Stasis Field", the only difference is visual effects, which does matter. Still think they should make some change to this unit though.

Exactly. It's basically the same thing as the Arbiter. And I don't understand why it still costs almost twice as the Arbiter, can have only one, and it also takes 8 pop, when the arbiter would use only 4 pop.

And, oh god, is it slow...