How to launch "TriggerLibs" AIs?

Started by Nesreca, March 04, 2010, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nesreca

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to launch AIs that are installed into the directory   .../Starcraft II Beta/TriggerLibs/         

I know I have the files for Goosie's AI and the Protoss v0.6 in the right folder, but there are no instructions related to launching these TriggerLib directory based AIs. I know how to use LazyLauncher2, and replace the Base.SC2Data files to modify the difficulty of AI, but this TriggerLib folder stuff is confusing me. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to leave the rest of my files the way they are and just launch maps with LazyLauncher2, or if I'm supposed to do something else. Maybe i'm supposed to replace the currently modified Base.SC2Data file with an original version? :P

Thanks in advance! I hope I make sense.

Gamewiz

I think the TriggerLib files automatically overwrite any other AI files. If you want to run, for instance, StarCraft AI v5.5, you need to install it in the right folder, but make sure TriggerLib is NOT in your directory, or it'll overwrite the v5.5 AI. So for instance, if you want to have v5.5 AI for Terran and Zerg, but TriggerLib AI for Protoss, just install the v5.5 AI, then make sure the TriggerLib folder has only AI for Protoss in it. That should do it.

If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me. :)

Nesreca

AH, I understand now. Thank you very much! I'll test it and update after I have.

kblood

That seems how it is. I just installed the Protoss IAI (Interactive AI / IA Interactiva) By DarkZeros, and I put it in the TriggerLibs folder. I used the Starcrack 5.5 in the AI folder.

However, the AI files can also be put into map files and I have been wondering if anyone has tested what priority the files in the map has? Seems they overrule the whole Liberty.SC2Mod folder and the AI mpq file in it. Otherwise there would be no reason to put AI into maps in the first place. But does it overwrite the triggerlib folder?
I think I will test it.

Nesreca

Awesome! Thank you Gamewiz! It actually came up and said "AIv0.9 [Protoss]: Prepare to die!" when I was facing protoss. This is very exciting. :) I can't thank you enough for explaining the workings of the two different types of AIs to me!

Gamewiz

Quote from: Nesreca on March 04, 2010, 04:09:57 PM
Awesome! Thank you Gamewiz! It actually came up and said "AIv0.9 [Protoss]: Prepare to die!" when I was facing protoss. This is very exciting. :) I can't thank you enough for explaining the workings of the two different types of AIs to me!

No problem! :) I'm glad I was right! lol

kblood

I just tested it. The priority for game files is that it will use the files in the Starcraft 2 Beta folder as top priority. The TriggerLibs folder therefore has priority over both files put into the map and the base.SC2DATA file in the subfolder. A TriggerLibs folder put into a map file will also take priority over the base.SC2DATA.
To sum it up:
1. SC2 folder
2. S2MA folders (modded maps)
3. base.SC2DATA
If the files arent in the SC2 folder (like in the TriggerLibs map there), it will then look into the S2MA folders in the MAP, and lastly it will see if there are any other files in base.SC2DATA which have not been found in the first two folders and use them as well.
You probably already figured this out, I just found it interesting.

apriores

If you like to test AIs and don't want to overwrite files every time, try this launcher http://darkblizz.org/Forum2/sc2-tools/starcraft-ii-launcher/
It's working with TriggerLibs format which can be extracted from any Base.SC2Data file with MPQ Editor http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html.
You can set all slots with Computers and you'll join in spectate mode; you can put you on other slot than first for other color than red, for example, slot 2 for blue; you can manipulate the number of players on map; you can use originals maps, don't need hacked ones (with AIs included) because launcher will set up your settings directly; you can load sYk0's maps with logging screen... In shortest way: it's perfect. I love it and I consider from far the best launcher because of its utilities.  ;D I am testing a lot of AIs and combining best found AI script for each race in one TriggerLibs and without it my work won't be so easy.  :) For now, the best zerg I found is on default starcrack 5.5 and the best protoss in StarIAI (Interactive AI) v0.3. I didn't found yet a good terran.