StarCraft II Launcher

Started by Zoxc, March 01, 2010, 05:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

$ omaha }{

ok thank you for fresh look at this :)
ive made a fresh install and it worked. i copied 5.5 ai from old copy and it stoped so the problem is somewhere in ai / ai extraction. ill redownload them and extract once more.

thank you ill edit my post

EDIT:
lies it is not working again, furthermore while starting the game it likes to shutdown with an error... ill reinstall sc][
- Someone is gonna die when you listen to me -

apriores

I meaned, a fresh install of SC... or, in worst case, of windows :P (I hope not)

$ omaha }{

well win reinstal not helping. ill redownload maps once more. this time not renaming there leaving their hash names...

apriores

I renamed them and was not a problem.

$ omaha }{

hhmmm maybe time for a virus scan :|

apriores

A little surprise... I tried to make working watching your own replays and now I have the same Zerg.Galaxy error from XP.  :D

Edit: I think its about maps, like you said. Some maps are working and some not. I changed them with sYK0's, those with logging screen and after that I've got error.
Anyway, you can play any map if you'll set on No mod. You can manually apply StarCrack 5.5 in Game folder (StarCraft II Beta\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod) and it will use it like default. The good thing is you can use all others launcher's settings. And an interesting thing is that with Enhanced AI (cheating) the launcher works even with login screen maps.  :-\

P.S.
It is about maps. I put them back and its working again with all AI scripts.

Zoxc

It seems like the MPQ library I use have some problems with adding files to the StarCraft II maps. I'll look into it.

ranger101

how can i load with ".SC2Data"AI MOD ??

SC2Launcher2.0's working good with "TriggerLibs" AI script,

does ti support "Base.SC2Data" AI MOD ? please,how to use it ?

apriores

No, I think you can't load in Base.SC2Data format with this launcher, I tried and it'll not load it, only with TriggerLibs extracted from any Base.SC2Data with MPQ Editor: http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

ranger101

Quote from: apriores on March 03, 2010, 08:50:27 AM
No, I think you can't load in Base.SC2Data format with this launcher, I tried and it'll not load it, only with TriggerLibs extracted from any Base.SC2Data with MPQ Editor: http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

thank U verh~~~~much~

by the way , i'm looking forward to StarCraft II Launcher V3.0, this is a really nice one

Buzzard

Hey there, this is the first GUI based app for SC2 beta i have used so far and im just going to leave some feedback and some talk vs the other GUI apps out there.

Requests:

1.) In the Starcraft II - Beta Launcher they have this database map downloader and i must say it makes it easier to just download maps from a database that everyone uses rather then go look for the good version of the map you want, so maybe you can add this feature to this app?.

2.) Can you please add replys to this?.

3.) Can you please add a Update option so we dont have to manual update?.

Questions:

1.) In what language did you code this app?.

2.) Why is the FFA option disabled?

This vs other GUI apps:

1.) Why i choose this app vs the others is because its very straight forward and has a clean environment so please keep it that way and dont add a bunch of grapichs.

2.) It seems that the other coders are in a hurry to compete with each other on what app is the best lol, so this leads into many bugs/crashes and problems. So my adivse is, please take your time and fix any known bugs BEFORE releaseing.

Zoxc

I have updated the launcher. This fixed the issue with adding too many files (MPQs have a fixed number of files they can hold and the limit was quite low on some maps).

Buzzard: I will not add any download option or replay option for the time being. The application is coded in Delphi (the source is included) and the FFA option is locked simply because I don't know how to setup teams.

$ omaha }{

thanks! your hard work will surley be awarded by some hot girls out there and their yummy lips  ;)

$ omaha }{

EDIT:
(4) Shakuras Plateau Novice
(4) Shakuras Plateau
loads with this superb looking loading screeen:

then in about 3/4 loaded i get this error:

and game exits to starcraft][ login menu... so those two maps aint working with me, anybody else?

all other maps loads with no problems but they do not have this sexy loading screen :(

Tefuss

Same here!
Previous version was OK for me. Thanks a lot for the launcher nevertheless!