StarCraft II Launcher

Started by Zoxc, March 01, 2010, 05:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

But is team play even that important? I hear that AI still send to units to your base even if they are on your team, so yeah, what's the point even.

Bt

Quote from: Nova on March 17, 2010, 02:50:21 AM
But is team play even that important? I hear that AI still send to units to your base even if they are on your team, so yeah, what's the point even.

Er

It hasnt done that for like a week and a half

Teams are working 100% in all other launchers

Zoxc

There you go, hacky support for teams :)

Nova

justus

Zoxc, i just registered to say thanks man...this launcher is f'n awesome

i tried many and yours and lazylaunch are the greatest..

are you planning to implement replay capability ?

Zoxc, i just played ur launcher using team matches....

1) ur teammate always sends their army in my baSE and just leaves it there

2) after u kill your enemies...you cant win unless ur team mate dies too?

Bohrizan

Unfortunately, Justus is correct. I played a few games myself using various maps, and each game yielded the same results. My teammate would would build, upgrade, and expand as normal, but he would not attack the enemy's base and instead sent his troops to stand on top of my command center/nexus/hive. While attacking the enemy's base, I noticed that its teammate was doing the exact same thing. After defeating both of my opponents single handedly, I had to destroy my teammates base as well in order to achieve victory.

Another thing that I personally found rather annoying was that, when mousing over my teammate's buildings and units, instead of seeing the green crosshair I should see when hovering over or clicking my ally's buildings/units, it was red as if he were my enemy. Just a minor quirk, albeit it proved to be a nuisance when he first sent his troops in to lounge around inside my base, as I killed them all not realizing they were friendly.

apriores

About teams, it's exactly the same issues like StarLauncher 0.3 had and was fixed with 0.4.
I'm very glad to see that you're working forward to the launcher. :)

Zoxc

Let's hope 2.3.1 fixes things (I don't play StarCraft  :) ). I also bundled AMAI2 0.23.

apriores

It's working perfectly now  :D .
Thanks!

Bohrizan

I'm not 100% sure yet, but it looked like only one of the opposing computers was really doing anything, my computer ally didn't sent troops to my base when I was under attack.

apriores

AI's team help not belongs to launcher's team support, but to AI's script, I suppose.

Bohrizan

I can confirm it now. The AI does not support its teammates. When attacking one opponent's base, instead of sending its troops to help its ally, the opposing AI's teammate sent its troops to my ally's base to attack. (And sometimes it would just do nothing at all) Now, if it is using that as a strategy to hopefully draw myself or my ally's troops to my ally's base, it didn't work. I had to send my own troops to defend my ally's base, as my ally continued to attack. The same thing goes for myself and my own ally. When my base is under attack, he does either nothing, or launches an attack on one of the opponent's bases.

A couple of times my troops were battling with both opponent's troops in the middle of the map, and my ally ran his own troops around the fight and just attacked one of the bases.

I tested this two times each on 3 different maps: Lost Temple, Kulas Ravine, and Shakura's Plateau.

ranger101

Does team setting may change map file or ai script?

Zoxc

Which settings and with which map/AI?

Buzzard

I hope this tool gets reply support and location option for where you want to start on a map.