Modified Starcrack V5.1 AI

Started by kewickviper, March 01, 2010, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OK I have played several 4-player FFA games on Kulas Ravine and Lost Temple and every time, I was terran... The protoss player invaded my main base early with zealots every game and I lifted off my command center (and my new command center just built) and took over the high-yield minerals and nearby expansion. The protoss player never attacked my base again after that and I was able to quickly rebuild and overwhelm him with the high-yield mineral income. This happened in 3 games.

Also when the AI player expands to high-yield it doesn't defend it any better than his own natural expansion, despite it being farther away and more valuable.

You should prioritize taking and keeping the high-yield mineral patches.

edit: Also, the AI builds High Templars but they don't do anything. They just run dumbly at my units till they die. Program some Psi Storm in there!

Pleomax

Why don't you team up with the guys from startrack :\

atp27

Hi, a nice ai for protoss, thanks! I almost got beaten by it!

played 4 ffa on lost temple, 3:00 and 6:00 are protoss. I am t the other t is on 0900. the beginning is the same as ai 5.1, then the t at 0900 gets whipped out. The protoss at 0300 is producing all units, including mothership, AND, it used blackhole ability. This is the first time I saw any ai using abilities. Nicely done. I had some difficult time when defending the protoss air forces until I got 15+ vikings. As mentioned above, ai don't gether forces.

a few interesting point:
The first time I use ghost to launch nuke, there comes a observer and protoss troops comes and surround my ghost, but they didn't attack :(

second time my ghost launches nuke together with 10+ thors, the protoss dark templar comes and kills him. Don't know if it is ai or I just had bad luck ???

Lastly, all above is about protoss at 0300, the one at 0600 is attacked by one ai. After that he only knows gathering resouces...

Look forward to new ai, keep the features of multiple units and ability using. :)