Who of you were disapointed by SC2?

Started by forhex, March 01, 2010, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your opnion about SC2 after playing it!

I didn't thought it would be so awsome
39 (29.5%)
I wanted it to be like that!
40 (30.3%)
It's O.K. but could be better
41 (31.1%)
Nothing really special, I'm not excited
4 (3%)
I'm disapointed
8 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

forhex

ad1999

as many reviews out there put it, its pretty much the same old starcraft ... but with new units added, old ones taken out, cool graphics and sounds/music. of course, strategies have drastically changed since there are units and buildings with new functions.
its fun thus far... too bad im not soo young anymore (21, but still... got responsibilities... and billzz to pay.. along with more education..)

millenium

Well its beta, we don't know what BE will show on 1st public version... it could be with air attack zelots or some other unit like dragon... so its still early... :D

TokeGaming

Im bored but because its only vs AI and the AI's are not a challenge.

I am pretty confident then when we can start playing people and getting a rating system going on a private server it will be very entertaining

Hades

chetjan

I feel in many ways that the graphics are not as great as they could be though at least for starcraft 1 their was a huge change in graphics from the beta version.

Dariusz

This game is disaster... I would kill the guy that decided to release it and design. 

All they did here is new CGI + replace/few new units. Similar update to brood war and they ask us to w8 for soo damn long!
They should atleast do some Tactical units configuration so u can assume defense/ofense etc etc positions. Much more advance ''shift'' options. More units and some main critical units like protos Bata etc etc... I'm gona get bored of this game after 3 days of online game :/ 

Boooo blizzaarr!!! >.<

Hades

Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
they ask us to w8 for soo damn long!
They should atleast do some Tactical units configuration so u can assume defense/ofense etc etc positions. Much more advance ''shift'' options.

They always make uss wait for years... they are blizzard :(

And what you are suggesting would ruin the whole concept of the game -.-

Let startcraft be starcraft.

and you should wait untill battle net 2.0 is open to the public before being so critical.

WildFire

ok first...

why change the hotkey!!!! that's totally uncalled for!!!

second...

Where the hell did all the units go!!!!! I mean I understand some adapted and some changed but come on... we dont have that many units who did not changed...

Third... come on what the helll!!!! where did kerrigans voice acter go... lets fix it.

cyricc

Quote from: WildFire on March 01, 2010, 09:10:45 PM
Third... come on what the helll!!!! where did kerrigans voice acter go... lets fix it.

WE REQUIRE MOAR MIINEERAAAALALALALLSSSSSS! So damn annoying.

I have to agree with some people that the units are really lacking. I would have loved to see WAY more units and buildings. Also, am I the only one that thinks 5 mins and 4 gas per run is ridiculously low?!? Maybe onces someone gets the Big Game Hunters map up and running this will change.

On the other hand though, the units that ARE in the game are amazingly thought out, each one has a definite purpose now and is good for a particular offensive or defensive strategy. I also love the new engine, I know, I know, shiny graphics aren't a deal maker but cmon! It's freaking Starcraft and its beautiful! The engine also accounts for unit movement and placement, you dont have to move stray/idle units out of the way now, they move for you, they also group together and move through each other so that its easier to mass! Not to mention how useful the new hotkey system is, I'm not sure what you mean WildFire when you say it was uncalled for! Are you kidding? 100 units bound to 1 , all the special units in that pack bound to 2? YES PLZ!

I've also been thinking, this is supposed to be a trilogy, so doesn't that mean 2 expansions? Or from what I remember hearing, Blizzard said it would be 3 separate games... I swear, if they start adding units and buildings into the next games I'm gonna slap a blizzard.

Dariusz

Quote from: cyricc on March 01, 2010, 10:54:50 PM

I have to agree with some people that the units are really lacking. I would have loved to see WAY more units and buildings. Also, am I the only one that thinks 5 mins and 4 gas per run is ridiculously low?!? Maybe onces someone gets the Big Game Hunters map up and running this will change.

On the other hand though, the units that ARE in the game are amazingly thought out, each one has a definite purpose now and is good for a particular offensive or defensive strategy. I also love the new engine, I know, I know, shiny graphics aren't a deal maker but cmon! It's freaking Starcraft and its beautiful! The engine also accounts for unit movement and placement, you dont have to move stray/idle units out of the way now, they move for you, they also group together and move through each other so that its easier to mass! Not to mention how useful the new hotkey system is, I'm not sure what you mean WildFire when you say it was uncalled for! Are you kidding? 100 units bound to 1 , all the special units in that pack bound to 2? YES PLZ!

I've also been thinking, this is supposed to be a trilogy, so doesn't that mean 2 expansions? Or from what I remember hearing, Blizzard said it would be 3 separate games... I swear, if they start adding units and buildings into the next games I'm gonna slap a blizzard.

Can you hot key units like In suppreme commander? :O 1 = tanks 2 = marines etc etc??

And secondly Hades, humh I'm not sure if we understood each other... I want to be able to customize units so for example medic always follow selected group of soldiers, tanks follow behind etc etc... So its not so damn ''manual'' :/  Also Marines got shield so it would be nice if they could use it in defensive way don't you think ? Like in old Rome war etc etc those funny turtle formation... bla bla bla... well my point is it could be way better than its now :(

cyricc

Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 11:21:37 PM
Quote from: cyricc on March 01, 2010, 10:54:50 PM

Can you hot key units like In suppreme commander? :O 1 = tanks 2 = marines etc etc??

And secondly Hades, humh I'm not sure if we understood each other... I want to be able to customize units so for example medic always follow selected group of soldiers, tanks follow behind etc etc... So its not so damn ''manual'' :/  Also Marines got shield so it would be nice if they could use it in defensive way don't you think ? Like in old Rome war etc etc those funny turtle formation... bla bla bla... well my point is it could be way better than its now :(

I've never played supreme commander so I don't know exactly how it works but you can just shift click on the unit you want to select all of, then hotkey it, maybe this is more of a "manual" way of doing it as you say but it works. You can still hotkey with cntrl + number so you dont have to use the icons at the top of your unit view. Also I remember I used to make units follow specif other units by selecting the following unit and double/triple click on the leader, this used to work for me in SC but I havens tried it out in SC2.

Artanis186

Gotta say, at first I was skeptical about it. I kept hearing it was a let-down. I played it... it was 50x better than StarCraft. Considering StarCraft's melee bored me to tears, and now it actually feels... fun! I'm loving it so much.

mithhunter55

Quote from: Dariusz on March 01, 2010, 08:58:11 PM
This game is disaster... I would kill the guy that decided to release it and design.

All they did here is new CGI + replace/few new units. Similar update to brood war and they ask us to w8 for soo damn long!
They should atleast do some Tactical units configuration so u can assume defense/ofense etc etc positions. Much more advance ''shift'' options. More units and some main critical units like protos Bata etc etc... I'm gona get bored of this game after 3 days of online game :/

Boooo blizzaarr!!! >.<
Thats not really what starcraft is about... i look at it more as a boardgame. One of the best actually haha. If you want that play something else? Coh and stuff

dodongbadong

man i think i cant get disappointed with sc2. even though im not lucky to get beta key for it but soon im sure battlenet 2.0 server emulator will be release and surely i will play 24/7 there until sc2 is release. 
You make your best AI script "cheating or not"
and ill test it for you
- FREE-