Galaxy Map Editor- Who's Excited!!

Started by Myst, March 01, 2010, 07:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

So apparently this new map editor is gonna be the shiznicks.  And is going to bring the map making to a whole new level.

Jimbo

Hades

Did blizz give any hints to when it could be released?

I can't wait to screw arround with that ;)

ooni

As a map maker I'm looking forward to Galaxy Map Editor more than anything.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Galaxy Map Editor won't be released in beta stages. Let's wait and see.

Frosty3k

The Galaxy Editor still has a chance to be released in the beta... but according to BlizzCast #13, the beta will be over earlier than expected and therefore means that the editor may not make it into the beta.

ReVoke

Well thats kinda a good thing, Faster the beta ends is faster they might get Open Beta or even Release Starcraft II
TXlzdCBpcyBteSBiaXRjaA==

^^ Base64, Decode it =) ^^

ooni

Quote from: ReVoke on March 01, 2010, 08:35:56 PM
Well thats kinda a good thing, Faster the beta ends is faster they might get Open Beta or even Release Starcraft II

Blizzard lets you play open beta now?
Though that is my fervent wish.

Hades

Quote from: ooni on March 01, 2010, 07:52:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Galaxy Map Editor won't be released in beta stages. Let's wait and see.

Yeah that is the main reason why i played starcraft 1.

Map making and triggering is so fun :)

I can't wait to make the first bound or defense, Lol.

cyricc

Quote from: Hades on March 01, 2010, 08:56:26 PM
Quote from: ooni on March 01, 2010, 07:52:52 PM

Yeah that is the main reason why i played starcraft 1.

Map making and triggering is so fun :)

I can't wait to make the first bound or defense, Lol.

Haha good luck with those bounds and defense games, I'm going to try see if I can make an RPG with the new script options, hopefully its similar to WC3 editor to where you can import custom models, sounds and icons.

zed

Quote from: cyricc on March 01, 2010, 09:11:45 PMHaha good luck with those bounds and defense games, I'm going to try see if I can make an RPG with the new script options, hopefully its similar to WC3 editor to where you can import custom models, sounds and icons.
Yes, SC2 editor will be similar to WC3 editor. You should be able to do everything that you could've done in WC3 editor + much much more.
Here is a video from BlizzCon2009 showing 3 maps made in the new editor.
BlizzCon 2009 - StarCraft II Custom Map Preview

SC2Editor scripting language will be similar to C, but you will be able to do a lot of stuff without actually coding anything, just using the trigger editor (like the one that is in WC3Editor).

Hades

I sure hope we can still use the classic trigger system... i never even tried warcraft 3, nor have i ever played with their editor :(

ooni

Quote from: Hades on March 01, 2010, 09:40:35 PM
I sure hope we can still use the classic trigger system... i never even tried warcraft 3, nor have i ever played with their editor :(

:O wc3 has much much better system and 100x easier. Less limitations.
They are going to go with the wc3 world editorish program. Don't worry it will be easy.

Nova

That is so incredible.

"Yo dawg I heard you like to play games, so we let you make games in your game..."

cyricc

Quote from: Nova on March 01, 2010, 10:04:15 PM
That is so incredible.

"Yo dawg I heard you like to play games, so we let you make games in your game..."

"Yo dawg we heard you like to makes games in your game, so we are gonna hire you to make our game"

Cats777

I can't wait for it to be released. I already have a project in mind.