StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsarabbit

I've only seen terran use one starting build, I like the AI though.
Great job!
Want Beta key! :D

claushouse

Hey fantastic job on the AI, a real treat to play vs. the 6.0 standard AI, appreciate all the hard work.

I generally tend to play on Lost Temple, and I have some AI suggestions/observations:

1. The AI does great in the early and mid game, and I am frequently on the losing side, but I ALWAYS manage to survive and dominate the late game.

The AI runs out of money and does NOT, regardless of how much time I turtle, seek out the remaining 1 or 2 gathering spots (although in the mid game it does expand quite a bit). I am able to just take a peon and go to the final spot uncontested and gather resources for my final assault while it just sits sterile waiting to be defeated.

2. The 2 island expansions on the map: the AI does a good job of eventually expanding to them, but I get there early and it guarantees me victory because the AI never really attacks or contests them. Even if they get there first once i get rid of them they dont fight for it. The island expansions are what i retreat to when im losing midgame, then I regroup and win.

Other than that the AI is fantastic, just some island and end-game weakenesses and not searching out the final expansions. GJ :)

Sindrome

Quote from: Enox on March 08, 2010, 03:39:29 PM
Quote from: Sindrome on March 08, 2010, 03:36:03 PM
unexpected end of archive. always 550kb and download stopping. 10 times i try to download it. please someone help. place this file on working file storge.

Try using a different web browser. its not the file host, its you. Different browser or different  unpacking utility.
thx man. but i try 3 browsers and unpackers. problem was in mi bad connection.  i download it from chinesse site. 1.2 mb.

kgptzac

not sure if this is reported or not...

the map is metalopolis, 4 AI FFA.  when two of the AI died the remaining two (Terran and Protoss) were in equal grounds with Protoss have just a bit fewer units.  The two AI exchanged fire a few times but none were decisive.  Then I don't know when the Protoss stopped building units other than Probes for some reason when it was clear that the Protoss had equal number of bases to the Terran--who by that time already started building BC.... and I left the game while the protoss had over 10k mineral, lol.

It's my first time seeing an AI suddenly stop building units for no reason.

btw the version of the AI is 6.1.1 standard edition

claushouse

Quote from: kgptzac on March 09, 2010, 06:06:36 PM
not sure if this is reported or not...

the map is metalopolis, 4 AI FFA.  when two of the AI died the remaining two (Terran and Protoss) were in equal grounds with Protoss have just a bit fewer units.  The two AI exchanged fire a few times but none were decisive.  Then I don't know when the Protoss stopped building units other than Probes for some reason when it was clear that the Protoss had equal number of bases to the Terran--who by that time already started building BC.... and I left the game while the protoss had over 10k mineral, lol.

It's my first time seeing an AI suddenly stop building units for no reason.

btw the version of the AI is 6.1.1 standard edition

It's happened to me once or twice, I think it's called "stalling" -- the AI will occasionally just stop providing instructions to its forces -- you just have to restart a new game and everything should be fine.

It's a rare occurrence, however, so no complaints here!

paperzealot

i dont get it. how do i make the AI work? what does unpack into SC2 folder and let it overwrite mean. sorry im a noob when it comes to computers but i really enjoy playing starcraft =]

turdburgler

Quote from: devinmorris on March 09, 2010, 08:35:54 PM
ETA 7.0?

Just to be clear. Any of these from now on will be deleted.

7.0 is going to be so big, we're still in the planning stage. There is no way I can even hazard a guess at when it will be out.

paperzealot

can someone please help me? a step by step instruction would help =]. i have the sc2 launcher, maps, and beta downloaded. but when i launch, the ai is super easy. i downloaded the v6.1 ai, but i cant seem to make it work. HELPP??? xD

Alcapone

Quote from: paperzealot on March 09, 2010, 08:57:24 PM
can someone please help me? a step by step instruction would help =]. i have the sc2 launcher, maps, and beta downloaded. but when i launch, the ai is super easy. i downloaded the v6.1 ai, but i cant seem to make it work. HELPP??? xD

Depending on your launcher, you either have to go into the Program Files and find your Starcraft II Folder, after that take the Starcrack AI you want, and move it over into the Mods file. overwite all files. It should be in the Liberty.SC2 folder

If you're using a launcher that supports multiple AI's, then you probably have to create an AI folder and put the Base.SC2Data file in it.

paperzealot

Quote from: Alcapone on March 09, 2010, 09:40:43 PM
Quote from: paperzealot on March 09, 2010, 08:57:24 PM

ok so in program files x86, Starcraft 2 Beta, inside the folder Mods, there are 3 folders: Core.SC2Mod, Liberty.SC2Mod, and LibertyMulti.SC2Mod. do i just drag my AI file (Base.SC2data) into that Mods folder? or do i drag that file into each of those 3 folders and replace the previous one?

Swifter

Just wanted to say a huge "Thank you" for all the hard work. Chipped in a couple of bucks to show my appreciation!

Jak

Quote from: turdburgler on March 09, 2010, 08:52:27 PM
Quote from: devinmorris on March 09, 2010, 08:35:54 PM
ETA 7.0?

Just to be clear. Any of these from now on will be deleted.

7.0 is going to be so big, we're still in the planning stage. There is no way I can even hazard a guess at when it will be out.

team play big?? 1v3? 2v2?? or 8 player ffa big?? i dont know if there 8 players in beta

Sly_Fly

to paperzealot: Put the base.s2data thing in the liberty.s2mod folder (there should be 4 files in here including the one you are going to overwrite).

to Jak: 1v3 and 2v2 etc. are available now with certain launchers. Teams can be changed in since the 35 rev of the starcrack launcher here. If that is what you are talking about. 6 players is possible. not sure about 8 though.

Frosty3k

Hey turdburgler, just some suggestions for your next version...

-I noticed my FPS drops significantly when I build or place a unit in an area behind rocks.  The AI must be trying to get to me, but cannot because they don't destroy the rocks.
-Team AI seems to be the next thing to work on, considering how half the launchers have team modes on them
-Sometimes the AI don't get many detectors... I think every build should have detectors in them.
-I think every race needs more defense because they tend to take all their units to attack.  And I find the best way to counter the mass carriers (on the cheating version) is with mass zerglings + nydus networks.  So you can just teleport back and forth and the carriers literally just try move to the nearest point to defend.  So in other words, it's too easy to build nydus worms in the back of their bases

If I think of anything else, I'll tell ya.