StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L33tGam3r

Quote from: Tresh on March 14, 2010, 01:02:48 PM
Quote from: L33tGam3r on March 14, 2010, 12:40:42 PM
Guys..I know this is not the place but I updated to latest patch and now im having some terrible lag spikes I replaced the Base.SC2Data ( as some1 above said) and still nothing how to deal with that  ???

Same thing happened to me, dont know how to fix that.

Found the way! :)
Go to StarCraft II Beta\Versions and delete ( or backup) the latest version in my case Base14356 so that way u go to the previous version. So it's like a De-Update u can go to the first patch if u want to. Worked for me :)

maartendq

Quote from: kurupted on March 14, 2010, 01:54:54 PM
This is nothing new, the easiest moment to defeat AI opponent is after his initial rush. I stopped doing that to add some challenge and just wait til mid-game with my attacks, or just harass a bit and run away :P

Not complaining tho, no matter how easy the ''game'' is atm, I'm enjoying it in 100%.  :-*

Yeah well, even if I don't attack after the rush, I manage to build up forces a lot faster than the AI, mainly because I expand immediately after the initial attack. That''s also the moment when my first siege tanks and medivacs appear and stimpack is done researching (marines + marauders stimpack + 4-6 medivacs = bane of the zerg...). I basically outresource (is that even a word?) the AI from then on. Any attack he does is blocked by a wall of siege tanks in siege mode since the AI doesn't do flank attacks.

I'll be honest though: without the wall-in I can't win against AI because it seems to concentrate purely on winning early game and doesn't prepare for mid-game (something which any human player would automatically do). It practically spends all its resources on marines and marauders. Even after the initial attack has failed it will keep making marines and marauders without putting much effort in getting to tier 2. It gets there eventually, but way too late.

That said, I'm really enjoying the game. My guess is that this AI is better than say 40% of all people online. It may be easy to beat but you need a proper and tight build order for that. If you go do some random stuff, or if you're just that little too late it will steamroll right over you.

DeMoNiK[TKD]

Hi

Just wondering if there is a ETA for the next version.

Awesome job you guys have done so far  ;)

Myke

The AI does not seem to have a counter for mass Zerglings. Using the Allin1 Launcher with the 6.1.1 AI on two different difficulty settings fighting first the Protoss and the Terrans, it seems that when going in with 50+ Zerglings, the AI is not really prepared for it. My Zerglings will overrun them, then I proceed to smash their base. Even if they attack me early and I have between 30-40 zerglings, they can't seem to do much.

Also, Terrans do not wall in like players seem to do on the Beta Multiplayer, so possible suggestion to add that in.

maartendq

Quote from: Myke on March 14, 2010, 04:37:25 PM
The AI does not seem to have a counter for mass Zerglings. Using the Allin1 Launcher with the 6.1.1 AI on two different difficulty settings fighting first the Protoss and the Terrans, it seems that when going in with 50+ Zerglings, the AI is not really prepared for it. My Zerglings will overrun them, then I proceed to smash their base. Even if they attack me early and I have between 30-40 zerglings, they can't seem to do much.

Also, Terrans do not wall in like players seem to do on the Beta Multiplayer, so possible suggestion to add that in.

Yeah there's been some other person who never played any starcraft game before that won easily by just massing marines.

cvax

roll = RandomInt(1,3);
AIMainStateSelect (player, roll, 1, e_mainState_Mid0, e_mainSubState_GndA);
AIMainStateSelect (player, roll, 2, e_mainState_Mid1, e_mainSubState_GndA);
AIMainStateSelect (player, roll, 3, e_mainState_Mid2, e_mainSubState_GndA);

Seems like those lines are bugged in your MeleeStateHandler? That basically means it will always choose midgame #2. Same issue with your late game selector.

farishawk88

any word on 6.2? both standard and cheating AI are too easy. i beat cheating just now (as terran) while i was half asleep and slow on macro with like 10 marines and 4 tanks.

paranoid

Just tried to make a planetary fortress rush against protoss cheating AI. It already had too many zealots when I arrived. :(
  Seems almost impossible to do.

Doctor_X

In TvP, an easy way to win is to go double rax, no gas. When you have 4-5 marines, you send them to their base including most of your scvs. Leave enough scvs at home to keep pumping marines.

This is a difficult rush to defend against, even for humans, but the computer should at least try to send the probes out to defend. As it is now, the probes are just sent away so they don't get killed, but they will have no base to which they can return.

Nice AI though.

turdburgler

Quote from: cvax on March 14, 2010, 07:52:58 PM
roll = RandomInt(1,3);
AIMainStateSelect (player, roll, 1, e_mainState_Mid0, e_mainSubState_GndA);
AIMainStateSelect (player, roll, 2, e_mainState_Mid1, e_mainSubState_GndA);
AIMainStateSelect (player, roll, 3, e_mainState_Mid2, e_mainSubState_GndA);

Seems like those lines are bugged in your MeleeStateHandler? That basically means it will always choose midgame #2. Same issue with your late game selector.

You could have saved a whole post if you looked at documenation first.

http://www.galaxywiki.com/wiki/RandomInt

Dariusz

This ai KICK ASS! :D

Wopii finnaly..

Anyway 2vsMe/2v2 and they always WIN lol... Btw protos is too strong... Protos vs terran + zerg gona own both of them o.o 

itsarabbit

Want Beta key! :D

Dariusz

Quote from: devinmorris on March 15, 2010, 06:17:42 PM
ETA 7.0?

Why u want 7.0 btw? If its easy for u just got 3vs1/4vs1 and u qq to get easy/v5ai ver again :P 

DemonStalker

It'd be nice if there was variety early game too, so instead of always rushing, it would turtle and tech.  This would be a lot more surprising and challenging since the only way I can win is by massing tier 1.