StarCrack AI Official Thread (Latest Version: 7.0 )

Started by turdburgler, March 01, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tr781

Can the AI for 7.0 be set to have different tactics?

And I don't mean it'll counter me or whatnot, but as in the style it will play.

CnC3, for instance, had AI that behaved differently according to what you chose in skirmish. You could set it to be aggressive, for instance, and it would attack you in greater frequency.

I would like to see a "turtle" option for the new StarCrack AI so I can take my sweet time and take it on when I want to.

Not everyone is looking for a competitive challenge when it comes to RTS games.  ;)

godspiral

Quote from: tr781 on March 18, 2010, 06:01:58 PM
Can the AI for 7.0 be set to have different tactics?

And I don't mean it'll counter me or whatnot, but as in the style it will play.

CnC3, for instance, had AI that behaved differently according to what you chose in skirmish. You could set it to be aggressive, for instance, and it would attack you in greater frequency.

I would like to see a "turtle" option for the new StarCrack AI so I can take my sweet time and take it on when I want to.

Not everyone is looking for a competitive challenge when it comes to RTS games.  ;)

I'm not sure that turtling AI is fun though... If its better than you, it will send 200 units at you when you have less.  Its also frustrating if you both have 200 units but it has the right 200 :P

The customized difficulty should let you make easier games tho.

crazian

I kind of agree about the different "styles" of AI like CnC3, I played the game and it's pretty smart.
but I also don't want anything turtle.
it's just unit spam then, no defensive buildings in early games, no harassing, just expand and expand without practicing any countermovements, scouting or anything...
it's like siege game, although siege is always fun, the maps we have right now isn't particularly designed for that..
therefore I really look forward to 7.0 because now it's really getting "smart", I remember I got destroyed by it's air counter in 6.1.1, which does make it a lot more like human players.
Anyway very looking forward to 7.0!
Platinum League, where you gets pwned

Ray

Will 7.0 have AI for spellcasters?  So far I haven't seen AI use sentries yet, but I would imagine writing a script for force field placements and covering the most units with guardian shield is no easy task.

Dariusz

Heya,

Would be great if AI could update its units.. Armor wep etc etc...

Also no rusch option for 20 min to build up ur base would be great... I love those fights. 8vs1 defending style :) Try to survive 500 units rush lol ^_^

crack unit limitter too plox! 1k ftw supreme comm :D

Tassadar

I would also love if Ver.7 could have more variability with unit production...
For example, I played a TvP game recently against the ai on Hard diff...
Sent in some hellions on his economy and he counters with stalkers coupled with zealots
couple mins later I go back with 4 tanks and more hellions, he has mass stalkers and photon cannons at his natural. He could have wiped out my base with some Void Rays, should add that  :D

More strats would be nice too, like the common Zerg Fast expand ::)
Another nice addition would be a practice mode against "cheesing", like a AI that trys to cheese every game. :jig:

Deriggs007

Thanks for all the hardwork, dev's.

Looking forward to 7.0 :)

kblood

I have thought about a "turtle AI" would be awesome as well. One that allows you to test how well your offense is, because usually the AI does not make a strong defense, unless you attack it while it is still building its army. At the moment it is mostly about beating the attacking army, and then it should be possible to wipe the AIs base. Although it does take skill now to defend the first few attacks now, and also giving the AI time to build its late game army can be dangerous, since it usually comes up with some good armies.
I hope the zerg queen thing will be fixed. One queen per hive is good, but not if all these queens go to the same hive / hatchery. I guess even amongst the zerg, females like to gossip  :whistle:

kolera

An AI that could perform multiple offensives at different fronts at the same would be really great. Cheers to the developers.

I hope that in the next release, the cheating AI would learn to build the appropriate number of production buildings to utilize its huge economic boost. The current AI only builds few of these buildings so they have like 10k minerals unused which is a waste. I always wait for them like 15 minutes into the game for them to build up before I decide to play with them. I don't know if this is an issue on the standard version since I only played with the cheating version.

Requisition

Quote from: tr781 on March 18, 2010, 06:01:58 PMNot everyone is looking for a competitive challenge when it comes to RTS games.  ;)

What? Then what exactly are you looking for when playing an RTS game?

Nissep

I really would like an option or make so that not every time the AI rushes you.

At least on the cheating version, I'm really only trying to survive the first rush and other rushes he's doing to you :(

Spirit6666

The 6.1.1 still give me great challenge but I can't wait to try out the 7.0 :)

Thanks to the devs for this awesome AI!

nosss

6.1 cheat version is challenging. I play 4xFFA. I win maybe 1 out 8 times if I don't turtle. If I turtle, maybe 1 out of 3. If I make it late game, I always win.

Still feels like the same Starcraft. I still mass mutas, battle ships or carriers against the CPU. Reapers are awesome. I can't wait to reaper harrass when this game goes retail.

Thanks to the devs. You guys rock! Looking forward to version 7.

badboy91

Zerg cheating Ai it's a little dumb, PvZ  i can win in 10min.
I personally found muta fly a little slower than SC 1, mayb it's b'cause of new engine